Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
ffWCJnJ.jpg

Oof. I don't even know where to begin on that one.

- The omission of the upper grill seems like it would cause the engine to run hotter than normal?
- Black tint on the rear lights is kind of dumb in my mind, but blue is even worse.
- The gauges in front of the passenger are hilarious, as if they can't actually believe how slow the car is.
- Pink interior accents and diamond-plate floormats out of no where. Just wow.

- The omission of the upper grill seems like it would cause the engine to run hotter than normal?
You'd be surprised how little open area is really necessary. Modern cars in particular--especially those with small engines--tend to have more-than-adequate cooling systems. Old cars don't necessarily need a great deal of ventilation either, though--case in point: Studebaker Avanti, of which there were "hotter" supercharged variants.

You'd be surprised how little open area is really necessary. Modern cars in particular--especially those with small engines--tend to have more-than-adequate cooling systems. Old cars don't necessarily need a great deal of ventilation either, though--case in point: Studebaker Avanti, of which there were "hotter" supercharged variants.
Adding on to this, even the original version of that Alfa probably didn't pull much of anything through the actual Alfa shield that was covered up so much as the area below the centerline of the bumper that is now likely bigger in area than it was. For example, just like on the Avanti, from the C3 through the C6 (excepting the LS7-powered C6s, which blocked the undertray ducting off to lower lift), every Corvette got at least most of its cooling from ducting underneath the car; even though the C3 and C6 both had prominent grills on the front.

this-corvette-is-strangely-perfectly-at-home-in-iceland-1476934419108-1000x667.jpg

frt-spoiler1.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

458548512125201.jpg

The various scoops and bodykits that they grafted onto the C3 during its run were as much to force more air into that ducting as any aerodynamic benefits, since the C3 had always had cooling problems.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you posted this here. I was going to "ugh" it in the other thread but opted not to in favor of harmony.

:lol:
That had Texas plates on it too. We have more lifted f150s/silverados/rams it’s rare that I see trucks like that here.

Wuh? Why would you butcher an R33 Skyline for this piece of trash? It's like a culture clash, what IS it trying to be? One doesn't simply combine two cars from two different eras and expect the result to be tasteful. And the fenders are back to front. Yuck.

Back