Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
A 3rd gen Camaro made to look like a 5th gen. Camaro
69f18007-chevy-camaro-project-russia-7.jpg

d1dd7fb4-chevy-camaro-project-russia-1.jpg

8084f386-chevy-camaro-project-russia-6.jpg
I don't see anything questionable about it... A decent amount of work has been put in to hide the underpinnings.

It also carries dramatically better than GM's hopeless attempt to make the 6th gen Camaro not look like the 5th gen Camaro.

I think the bigger issue is that it always seems like these highly elaborate car rebodies use a version of the car that no one really wanted when it was new (in this case a 2.8 with a slushbox) as the basis.

I'm getting the generic 80s coupe from a game without licensing vibe out of it, especially from the rear.

There's just so many things wrong with this. The tires, the contrast in ride height and ground clearance, the almost impossible to use tow hook... I'm inclined to believe this is a lawn ornament more than anything.

It was obviously built to have larger tires, it's just a question whether they actually had them on at some point or not. I would think the smaller tires are for moving it around without it being extra tall. Of course, that's not to say that it isn't still questionable, especially with what appears to be a lack of rear driveshaft.

Not sure if this was the real car used or a replica
5771aab2-be26-4ac7-a93f-2d8a452a7077-jpeg.792261
Simple odds would dictate that it's a replica, or perhaps the "official" tribute car, but then one of the two originals resides in Michigan (the other is in New Jersey), so it could easily be the real deal.

Simple odds would dictate that it's a replica, or perhaps the "official" tribute car, but then one of the two originals resides in Michigan (the other is in New Jersey), so it could easily be the real deal.
That was in Detroit.

That was in Detroit.
I was operating on the assumption that you hadn't travelled too far to capture that image, and armed with the knowledge that it was specifically in Detroit...

http://www.dbusiness.com/Party-Pictures/Concours-dElegance-of-America-2018-Car-Show/

81960-OriginalMonkeemobile-e08b7f71.jpeg

I seem to recall that the one that presently resides in Michigan was the tour car, not the television car, though that particular car had been on TV...before Dean Jeffries got his grubby paws on it:

i181182.jpg

Dapper gentleman in a wool suit and NASA plates...can you guess what show?

I mean the quality isn't that great with the paint, but what exactly is wrong with it? Fender flares can be toned down a bit, but I live with that.

Back