Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,813 comments
I mean...at least it doesn't have "swangas".

3052236_020818-ktrk-low-riders-swangas-vid.jpg

Also, the badge is circular and seems to have a pretty busy design. Makes me think of Holden's and Skoda's badges.
The plate is European, so it's VERY unlikely it's a Holden considering nobody imports the original :censored:ing things to Europe for some inexplicable reason, and Skoda never made a modern car with badging in a position like this.
That said, it does very much look like the HSV logo:
HSV-LOGO-GRILLE-1.png

I think people are reading too much into the plate.

Everything about the front end screams 2010-14 Legacy, except for the grill insert. It appears the standard US-spec grill with its horizontal bar has been replaced with an "open" aftermarket piece, perhaps with a mesh insert to affix a badge that doesn't belong there, along with the plate splitter and tow hook that don't belong there.

It also has a Michigan plate on the back, I just didn’t get a good angle of it because it wouldn’t pass me. It’s definitely not a Holden or Lada.

Here's a 2014 Legacy for comparison:

20181216_170718.jpg
70a6a3c2-d951-494d-9a5c-9856899911cb-jpeg.786832

Given the grill doesn't dip as low on the night shot, perhaps it's an earlier example of the same generation.

Ah, so it's an aftermarket badge, not car manufacturer's. Mystery solved.

The plate is European, so it's VERY unlikely it's a Holden considering nobody imports the original :censored:ing things to Europe for some inexplicable reason
*recalls seeing some Holden-badged Chevrolet Spark in some Siberian hole-of-a-place*

Modifications aside, I wonder what made them want the front end of a Peugeot 407 (of all cars) welded to... *ahem* the front?

Then again, that's just one thing to ponder among many others...

The mirror placement isn't right. I'm thinking FC RX7, or maybe a Calibra. Part of the fun with these monstrocities is finding out what they started life as. :lol:
:lol:

Without a doubt!

I considered the 2nd gen RX-7 but there appears to be a bit more crown in this car's roof than those. Good call on the mirrors, though I've seen plenty of cars with door units have the mirror relocated to the window pinch, including the 928.

1af99459a54679790540dbca2a98af07.jpg

Fits the theme of the thread nicely as well.

The Calibra wasn't even on my radar, but in comparison I think there's enough of a difference in the roof and pillar shape, and that's without even considering the roof seam trim (which, admittedly, can be removed and the area bodyworked smooth).

I'm not prepared to rule out the Mazda.

It could be a 928, looking at it more. Problem is I can't seem to find any other pictures of the thing to confirm. I'm also wondering what the hell the black thing behind it is (not the Saab)

Holy cow, every single thing about it is bad!

Interestingly it's registered in the Faroe Islands, which I've just heard of for the first time, that are somewhere halfway between Norway and Denmark, yet these pictures seem to have been taken in Sweden. :lol:

Holy cow, every single thing about it is bad!

Interestingly it's registered in the Faroe Islands, which I've just heard of for the first time, that are somewhere halfway between Norway and Denmark, yet these pictures seem to have been taken in Sweden. :lol:
You mean Norway and Iceland, yes? :P

Here's another two.

This isn't horrific, but eh...

$_86.JPG

And I'll put this one in a spoiler because it's just a bit questionable...

$_86.JPG
This one looks great! :dopey:

Last edited:
Back