Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/STL/7995/1970-Porsche-911

7995a.jpg

7995n.jpg

:ill:

The worst thing about it is that if you look through the close up and interior shots you'll see that the fit and finish is awful. Even some of the welds are badly done. The panel gaps are inconsistent, the engine cover doesn't even sit properly, there are cable ties used to carry wiring and hoses next to the exhaust (though there is some haphazardly placed heat shielding), the photos are overedited to the point where the car looks dirty, there are untucked or unfinished edges of the leather everywhere, none of the interior leather bits fit properly, the window switches don't line up, the gear knob isn't straight, the trim around the infotainment system has huge gaps beside it, the logo under the bonnet isn't at all lined up and the edges of the leather trim don't line up there either, nor do they cover everything, and the under car shots show that most of car appears to be held together with cable ties.

It's horrible and I think nearly every design decision they made was a bad one, but even if you like the idea the execution is horrific. They're asking $300k, I probably wouldn't pay more than the car is worth in parts.

There's a Ranger or B2300 (I've only ever seen it from the back) with these around where I live, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

It's definitely not an Avenger--Fiberfab designed enough individuality into their kits so as to avoid litigation and they actually have build quality in spades.

What gets me is how shallow the body is, as if it spent 40 years being slid across a shop floor without casters until the bottom four inches of the body was shaved off.

I suspect it's not a kit car at all, but a homebuilt quicky body shell to be set atop a bike-powered chassis...but then someone got hold of it after the project languished. Just look at those panel gaps.

Belongs to one of my coworkers. Yes, he drives it like a race car. It has seat covers with a big Ford logo as well as a Ford branded steering wheel cover
1BA37BF0-09C1-4723-8EB3-E96F06CFB53B.jpeg

Continuing the donk theme

Of course it’s a first in the world because no one is stupid enough to put 30in rims on a Jaguar
Also saw another mall crawler in Ohio
F7F23641-951F-4545-AB5D-9A64CCE9EEB0.jpeg

Back