Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,995 comments
  • 3,477,338 views
The PT cruiser just got uglier.

2001ptcruisercustom0405.jpg


Umm... Skyrim

dragoncar1.jpg
 
Who would want a car that looks like its been painted ONLY with primer?

9101053-md.jpg


Which I think looks pretty damn cool. I'll say right here that the matte colors trend that's all the rage today in Lmabos and BMWs was derived from the flat-painted hot rods that started to be all the rage in the late 90s, which were derived from a big surge of nostalgia-cars in the hobby around that time.

Still, it's all wrong. Well, not "wrong" but it's not period correct as most people thinks. If you talk to guys who built hot rods in the 50s and 60s they'll tell you that they drove the car in primer because they had no money for paint but still wanted to protect the metal of the car as much as possible, hence the cheap-ass primer paint jobs, but that was only while they saved up for a nice paint job, they didn't do it on purpose, like today.
 
Which I think looks pretty damn cool. I'll say right here that the matte colors trend that's all the rage today in Lmabos and BMWs was derived from the flat-painted hot rods that started to be all the rage in the late 90s, which were derived from a big surge of nostalgia-cars in the hobby around that time.

Still, it's all wrong. Well, not "wrong" but it's not period correct as most people thinks. If you talk to guys who built hot rods in the 50s and 60s they'll tell you that they drove the car in primer because they had no money for paint but still wanted to protect the metal of the car as much as possible, hence the cheap-ass primer paint jobs, but that was only while they saved up for a nice paint job, they didn't do it on purpose, like today.

I didn't think about hot rods/rat rods. Those do look cool. But I meant matte paint on something like a Civic or even on something expensive like an Aventador.
 
A matte dark gray Aventador looks sinister. It might be very cliche right now, but you can't deny the impact.
 
I personally like matte black on the Lexus LFA.
 
Oh dear God.... where do you find these cars?!?!?!? They're fugly! Except for the first custom PT Cruiser. It looks good IMO. Everything else is just fugly! *shivers*
 
Haha, killer post Roczx, those are amazing :lol:
 
Not sure if it's been mentioned but does anyone here follow shed of the day on facebook? It's not as good anymore but there were some great pictures uploaded a few months back. Well I say great... You know what I mean.
 
The BMW Mustang Skyline... .!!!!!!

That poor poor E23...

... having said that.. it's in better nick than most un-molested examples I see around at least!
 
It is a spaceship :lol:

1174906_693469374000839_1091741714_n.jpg
 
The R35 is that much wider than the R34? Holy crap.

That's really cool! I never liked the greenhouse on the R35.

Yeah. They should have used the one on the original prototype. I remember their being a Photoshop of that and it looked really good.
 
The R35 is that much wider than the R34? Holy crap.



Yeah. They should have used the one on the original prototype. I remember their being a Photoshop of that and it looked really good.


nissan-skyline-gt-r-size-comparison.jpg
 
Yeah. They should have used the one on the original prototype. I remember their being a Photoshop of that and it looked really good.
:O

I made this and posted it in an R35 thread on GTP way back when. :)

bettergtr.jpg
 
That second picture... no. Just no.
 
105290d1240606239-1st-g35-itasha-stateside-130_0903_21_z-ita_sha_car_show-nissan_gtr.jpg

Why do people have to slam and put ludicrous stretched tires on everything? Oh, it's also an itasha Skyline, BUT THOSE TIRES! :crazy:

Who can recognize the name? *cough*c zeta*cough*
 
That is the style in Japan on those types cars don't know what else to say. Even the high end turners do it at times.
 
Custom878
Why do people have to slam and put ludicrous stretched tires on everything? Oh, it's also an itasha Skyline, BUT THOSE TIRES! :crazy:

Who can recognize the name? *cough*c zeta*cough*

I find it normal for a Skyline to look like that...
 
Remi improved it. :lol: But hey, at least it doesn't have 45 degree camber on all 4 tyres.
 
Back