Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,995 comments
  • 3,477,346 views
We have fun on the public roads as well. We just go down to ol' Mexico for it. :sly:
 
Here is an unusual car I posted in another thread that someone built that I see in my area often. I think it may be a heavily modified Metro GS, but I am not sure, what do you guys think? :confused:

Almost certainly a Metro. Hypermilers regularly hack them apart like that. That thing probably gets 80 mpg.
 
I spotted one around here claiming to get 100mpg.
IMG_4210 by playnthru, on Flickr.

IMG_4209 by playnthru, on Flickr
Not nearly as radical though. I think this is a awesome mod on a not-so-awesome car.👍


EDIT: :lol: I finally made a Flicker account and figured out how to use it.:dunce:
 
Last edited:
Found this while looking at MR2s in the DFW area.

2002_Toyota_FERRARI_LOOK_MR2_Spyder_Kit_51Kmiles_S_8b8e4b30709f5f55964f.jpg


2002_Toyota_FERRARI_LOOK_MR2_Spyder_Kit_51Kmiles_S_8b8e4b30709f5f55964f_13.jpg


http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/4021409046.html
 
That's actually not too bad looking, apart from the ride height.
 
Why is there a Ferrari showing up when you search for MR2s? :sly:

With the MR-S being a capable track car, wouldn't it be interesting if someone built it up?
 

I like it. Just needs lowered a bit and you can fool all but the trained eye
 
Omg on that Superleggera UGR. Pitty, love that AMS Alpha 12. But did hear that the AMS guys working on a higher HP kit than the 12, 1500whp or something
 
I like it. Just needs lowered a bit and you can fool all but the trained eye

I found it for the same price as non-Ferrari looking base versions of the same car that I've been looking at. Don't think I could bring myself to do this one instead, though.
 
I found it for the same price as non-Ferrari looking base versions of the same car that I've been looking at. Don't think I could bring myself to do this one instead, though.

It's not terribly accurate in some parts, but I'd be sorta fine with it. However, I would rather have a TRUE Ferrari.
 
Almost certainly a Metro. Hypermilers regularly hack them apart like that. That thing probably gets 80 mpg.
Seeing how the headlights are and that door, I believe so too. I didn't know they did that with cars like that, I would like to see even more pictures of these modified Metro's!

photo1_zpsb4ed111a.jpg


photo_zpsa80103ca.jpg


Seeing how most of the car is made of fiberglass, gives it better aerodynamics, therefore, better MPG. I am curious to know what the owner calls this thing and how much MPG it gets. ;)
Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.
 
Last edited:
Okay, but I don't want to break records. I want to have fun on public roads.

You really think you're not going to have fun on public roads with 2,500 hp? Oh, dear lorddddd :lol:
 
You really think you're not going to have fun on public roads with 2,500 hp? Oh, dear lorddddd :lol:

You'd probably have fun scaring yourself stupid every time you accelerate.
 
You'd probably have fun scaring yourself stupid every time you accelerate.

Indeed, that's the kind of power you probably never get used to. It's probably comforting to drive a 400 horsepower car after that
 
Back