Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,798 comments
this-modern-chevy-silverado-brings-back-the-stepside-bed-and-it-almost-works_1.jpg

A Nissan GT-R with a 6.0L Ford Powerstroke. Um, why? Is there something good about a Powerstroke or no? I know nothing about diesels other than they can be torquey.

Last edited:
A Nissan GT-R with a 6.0L Ford Powerstroke. Um, why? Is there something good about a Powerstroke or no? I know nothing about diesels other than they can be torquey.

If I'm being generous and don't assume they're just trying to break the internet, I'd suggest they may be attempting to break a diesel record somewhere. The Powerstroke is probably favorable to other diesel units from a packaging standpoint.

Last edited:

These guys are legit. They’re a very solid time attack team that’s been at the front in Global Time Attack and raced in Australia with World Time Attack. If they’re doing it, it’s definitely for a good reason. Definitely ambitious as far as engine swaps go though. So I’d say it’s hardly questionable.

in truth, no there is nothing particularly impressive about a powerstroke as far as comparable output is concerned. but it fits where a big inline 6 cummins won't and I dont think anyone wants to build a duramax for anything other than dyno's (outside of the standard GMhardcores)

in truth, no there is nothing particularly impressive about a powerstroke as far as comparable output is concerned. but it fits where a big inline 6 cummins won't and I dont think anyone wants to build a duramax for anything other than dyno's (outside of the standard GMhardcores)
6.0 can be bulletproofed with new studs and fuel pump. Easy to tune and throw bug boost numbers at it.

Back