Questions and Answers

The game is fantastic, except for tire wear/selection as Ettick points out. Also, the FFB on the wheel is wildy under-forced. But they may have fied that (haven't played in a few days).

My question is, why is this forum so dead?? With this brand new title that decimate's the other two new rally games?

...My question is, why is this forum so dead?? With this brand new title that decimate's the other two new rally games?
Well, the other two new rally games aren't so new anymore - classically people play for a month or so then move on. SLRE is close to that limit so I suppose a certain percentage of the MP only players will still be staying with that title, at least for a short while. That last is just a guess by the way, based on playing the previous Milestone games, the activity after a month was mostly focused on the MP. DiRT Rally only really has Rallycross in live MP mode, which isn't to everyone's taste.

Iv'e been reading some of the reviews on Amazon, and some are saying that the game is so hard that it's not fun. Just how hard is it compared to the old Rallycross challenge games on xbox that I really enjoy still?

Also, do you know if they will add more cars/tracks in the future, and How is the replay value?

Just how hard is it compared to the old Rallycross challenge games on xbox that I really enjoy still?
It is difficult - but it's not a game that you pick up and master in a day. It's a game that rewards perseverance and dedication, and progress feels very tangible. I might win one stage in ten, but it's immensely satisfying when you nail that one sector and steal a place away from the guy in front. The six locations all feel vastly different, and each requires a slight adjustment to your driving style; likewise, each class of car handles very differently.

Also, do you know if they will add more cars/tracks in the future
Nothing has been announced.

It's not an easy game, and it's not trying to be one either. It's an "adapt or die" kind of game and won't be for everyone, but those that enjoy it will enjoy it very much.

Iv'e been reading some of the reviews on Amazon, and some are saying that the game is so hard that it's not fun. Just how hard is it compared to the old Rallycross challenge games on xbox that I really enjoy still?
Bear in mind that many reviewers (unless they state otherwise) might well be gamers who simply get new releases without really knowing much about the title and expect to be good at it from the start - seems to happen a lot.

I think if you enjoy rally games then hard or not, it will remain enjoyable.

Not sure if anyone will be interested but I have

FS Basher Boards SFA1 Shifter Adapter that is not being used and is likely to be sold cheap.
PM if interested (UK/)

Product Info

What's the difference between the normal Rallycross Championship and the FIA World Rallycross Championship in-game?

I'm aware that the FIA version has real driver names (and limits you to Supercars) and a few Achievements tied to it, but other than that I'm not noticing any difference.

Also, I have won the FIA championship over the weekend and didn't notice any form of difficulty progression, whereas when I won the regular championship I got promoted to Elite.

In short: Now that I've won the FIA championship, is there no point in going back to it?

What's the difference between the normal Rallycross Championship and the FIA World Rallycross Championship in-game?

I'm aware that the FIA version has real driver names (and limits you to Supercars) and a few Achievements tied to it, but other than that I'm not noticing any difference.

Also, I have won the FIA championship over the weekend and didn't notice any form of difficulty progression, whereas when I won the regular championship I got promoted to Elite.

In short: Now that I've won the FIA championship, is there no point in going back to it?

Other than for fun or to grind for credits no need to go back, it is just the another (albeit really fun) career championship.

I'll stick to regular Rallycross then, it's probably my best shot at winning at Masters level once I get up there.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but here goes:

I am looking at the current trio of rally games (Dirt, WRC5 & Loeb evo) and trying to get a feel for the difficulty of Dirt. I've played the demos for the other 2 and they seem OK but certainly more sim than CM Dirt and WRC3 (last rally games I had but I realise the 3 astest games ae different animals altogether). The reviewers paint the game as obscenely difficult but I consider myself to be decent at rcing games so I am wondering if it's maybe the reviewers speaking to a wider audience rather than the gamers who will persevere with the game and "get gud".

Has anyone here played all 3 and can draw any comparisons. The graphics in the Loeb demo were a bit sub-par.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but here goes:

I am looking at the current trio of rally games (Dirt, WRC5 & Loeb evo) and trying to get a feel for the difficulty of Dirt. I've played the demos for the other 2 and they seem OK but certainly more sim than CM Dirt and WRC3 (last rally games I had but I realise the 3 astest games ae different animals altogether). The reviewers paint the game as obscenely difficult but I consider myself to be decent at rcing games so I am wondering if it's maybe the reviewers speaking to a wider audience rather than the gamers who will persevere with the game and "get gud".

Has anyone here played all 3 and can draw any comparisons. The graphics in the Loeb demo were a bit sub-par.

I have all three, WRC5 was for me just a quick race for the platinum, no real challenge and lacking in graphics, physics and content IMO. Never played it again once I completed it but, being my first ever rally game I can't bring myself to deleted it, lol.

SLRE is quite a bit better, I really enjoyed the different game modes and the Loeb movies and Loeb experience challenges. The graphics are an improvement from WRC5 but, not what you would expect from a PS4 game. The actual game is much better than the demo on SLRE, so bad it probably cost them dearly in sales. Support from milestone is for the most part nonexistent and is a shame because the game is enjoyable to play and good have been so much better.

Dirt is so much better graphically there not even comparable, same applies to the physics on anything other than asphalt. To me SLRE has better FFB on pavement than Dirt, the opposite on all other surfaces. Although Dirt has less content than SLRE the daily, weekly and monthly challenges make up for it.

I don't think Dirt is a hard game to play once you are used to it, it is just unforgiving to any mistake you make. The AI is not going to wait for you to catch up, a few mistakes and you not going to win. And that is what is so much fun, racing the AI in Project Cars can be fun also but going into the last race the AI you are battling with will suddenly finish near last, never enjoyed that. In Dirt I haven't seen that happen yet, here is an example;

image.jpeg

My only real complaint about Dirt is having to break-in the cars, feels to much like GT that way.

I want to get the "Maximum Attack" achievement for winning a twelve-stage rally with all assists off. I'm planning on doing Germany in an Alpine A110 on Open difficulty because I can win just about every stage by thirty seconds, so that should offset any disadvantage that the lack of assists gives me.

My question is this: does an automatic or semi-automatic gearbox count as an assist? In other words, do I need to use manual transmission to get the achievement?

In other words, do I need to use manual transmission to get the achievement?

I would say yes.

However, this is another way to do it:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a214713/maximum-attack-achievement.htm

He says easy, but its only easy if you know EXACTLY what to do.

When in game preferences, turn everything off, it needs to disallow outside cameras and the HUD turned off as i learned the hard way after 12 events.
Set up a custom event with every track to:
Monte Carlo, Monaco- Approche du Col de Turini- Montee,

This is the shortest track I have found and I was doing an average of 2:40:35 for my runs.

Make sure the weather setting is morning or afternoon sunny, otherwise there will be ice and its a bit harder and adds usually around 30 seconds to each time.

Verry easy 5GS
1. Set all assists off under Profil Game Settings
2. go to RaceNet and create a new League with 1 Event and 12 Stages
3. Start the League and finished all 12 Stages alone on first Place
laugh.gif

I think I'm edging towards Dirt, everything I have seen and read seems to suggest it's a good game and the punishment for messing up is simply realistic. May also pick up WRC when the price drops. Thanks @WhoosierGirl
I'd pick up SLR Evo instead of WRC5. WRC5 is not a good match and has stages that are about twice as wide as they need to be.

Ugly as it is SLR Evo is a close match to Dirt in terms of how well the stages are designed, the length and the challenge they present.

I've all three and the only one that gets no time (and has been deleted for my HDD) is WRC5.

@STI9

Good all round advice above. I too have/had all 3. Personally didn't enjoy wrc5 all that much but I gave SLRE a chance and I really, really enjoyed it. The car and track selection is amazing though haven't played much since DR release.
DR is the end-all for authentic sim oriented rally. The physics, graphics, frame rate, sound and so much more do it for me. DR is tough, no bones about it but an amazing experiance.
"Choose wisely my son"
:D :lol::cheers:

SLRE goes at 30 inconsistent frames per second... And with input Lag if you play with a wheel (in the last update it was getting better)
In general therms.. I feel the cars very "floaty" on every surface..
The only good thing about it is the career mode from loeb.

Dirt Rally feels lots better, cars feel heavy, the difference between surfaces is sublime! And all this goes in a very consistent 60 frames per second and make a huge difference compered to SLRE.
One "bad" point is the FFB of the Thrustmaster T300RS.. I was nice and heavy on the 1.00 but get weaked on the day one update.. Hopefully they fix it on the next update.

There's not much content (6 Rallys with 72 stages,3 Rallycross tracks with 12 variations, and Pikes Peak with 3 variations.. And 50 cars.. But master all that will take a huge amount of time and fun)

About WRC 5 i can't talk, some friends got the game but they don't talk very good about it. They think it would be better now that milestone didn't develop WRC 5 but nope.. Same "bad-regular" game like the other 4.
And i really don't going to buy it having Dirt Rally now :D

For me Dirt Rally is the best Rally game seen since the Colin McRae games and Richard Burns Rally

I see the wheels compatible with this game on PS4 and XB1, and the ps4 list has last gen Fanatec wheels (gt2) listed but not the CSR. Anyone using the CSR on ps4, assuming the tech is the same in those wheels?

I might have missed it, but is it possible to host a privat rallycross session?

Had bin cool too gather some people for a competetive rallycross championship!

I just downloaded DiRT Rally for PS4 and I'm slightly confused about the gear shifting options. I use the DualShock 4 and I can choose between automatic, semi-automatic, and manual-sequential. I chose manual-sequential since manual and manual with clutch are not supported. Meanwhile, L1 is by default assigned to the clutch but how am I supposed to use it if my controller doesn't support the manual with clutch option? Forgive me if this has been asked numerous times, but I couldn't find anything.

I just downloaded DiRT Rally for PS4 and I'm slightly confused about the gear shifting options. I use the DualShock 4 and I can choose between automatic, semi-automatic, and manual-sequential. I chose manual-sequential as manual and manual with clutch are not supported. Meanwhile, L1 is by default assigned to the clutch but how am I supposed to use it if my controller doesn't support the manual with clutch option? Forgive me if this has been asked numerous times, but I couldn't find anything.
While you can't use the clutch when changing gear with a pad you can use it to initiate a clutch-kick to get the car sideways (hit the clutch button when you are cornering and it will get the back end of the car out - its an alternate method to using the handbrake).

Its quite a nice option to have included in a rally title and does show that while the title has been firmly designed around a wheel, that pad users have also been thought of to a high level.

Back