Questions and Answers

While you can't use the clutch when changing gear with a pad you can use it to initiate a clutch-kick to get the car sideways (hit the clutch button when you are cornering and it will get the back end of the car out - its an alternate method to using the handbrake).

Its quite a nice option to have included in a rally title and does show that while the title has been firmly designed around a wheel, that pad users have also been thought of to a high level.

Also quite helpful in cars with longer low gears to avoid bogging down.

Need to enable the clutch override in options too @Nielsen .

JvM
Need to enable the clutch override in options too @Nielsen .

I already did in the initial setup but thanks. Maybe I'm blind but I haven't been able to find an in-game tutorial on these clutch kicks though. It's not that I can't put the technique to use, but I'd still like to see one of those scientific videos they have included for most driving techniques.

I'm curious about getting this for some off-roading fun. But I have some questions. How much is the handbrake used and what's the best way to go about using it. I have a Logitech G29 + Shifter. Should I map it to a button on the steering wheel, one of the paddles?

Has anyone got their Fanatec CSR working in this game? Is it fully compatible? The reason I ask is because it's strangely missing from the official list.

:cheers:

I'm curious about getting this for some off-roading fun. But I have some questions. How much is the handbrake used and what's the best way to go about using it. I have a Logitech G29 + Shifter. Should I map it to a button on the steering wheel, one of the paddles?
You can map a button or for instance 4th gear to be handbrake, depending on if you want to shift with paddles or box.

Handbrake is absolutely vital in the 4WD and FWD cars on many stages to get the car rotating. RWD generally don't need help, but it's handy sometimes.

Just made a league, who I hope to gather some people for some good competition, but I cant find out how to invite freinds, any help?

Edit. Hmm.. it say I dont have any racenet players to invite, but it should be a bunch..

"You can't have a league without players, to help you get an active league why don't you invite some players

You have no RaceNet friends available to invite"

Last edited:
Hello! have a question about latest update 1.02 I think..

I have Thrustmaster T300 integral alcantara.. but its like T300 regular I think.. problem is after the update they removed degree rotation setup (where I could do it manually)... how can I create 720 degree rotation again? because rally with 900 degree is just pure insane... hope game will be playable, seems like I will sell it if it is not fixed...

EDIT... okay.. it seems that this new update is not bad.. its actually a realistic one.. it seems they added correct degree rotation to every car.. i was driving Lancia integrale with custom setup 720 degree, in real life it has 900.. so game did that for me.. so thanks for this realistic update next time just inform us better in game.. so I dont have to search whole internet for answers for hours!

EDIT2: in the end it still donst work right .. it seems this far this game is broken for t300 users. just tested many cars and it is unplayable.. options dont represent actual going on.. steering wheel feels weird lost all force feedback..

EDIT3: wow, before update steering wheel was fast and responsive.. it represented very fast in game wheel how fast I was turning.. now.. wow.. I turn the wheel and after almost a second it only does that in game.. such a lag.. amazing.. how can they ruin almost finished game.. its immposible to turn.. the more I test the worse it gets..

turned the game off, tried 100 options, still cant get back that great feel I had with manual setting option.. now it seems it is less options then before.. my old setups saved setups are gone.. new dont work..

they need to fix this asap for T300.. I will try to delete the game tomorrow and play with old version of game.. new update has broken game for me :(

Last edited:
Hello! have a question about latest update 1.02 I think..

I have Thrustmaster T300 integral alcantara.. but its like T300 regular I think.. problem is after the update they removed degree rotation setup (where I could do it manually)... how can I create 720 degree rotation again? because rally with 900 degree is just pure insane... hope game will be playable, seems like I will sell it if it is not fixed...

EDIT... okay.. it seems that this new update is not bad.. its actually a realistic one.. it seems they added correct degree rotation to every car.. i was driving Lancia integrale with custom setup 720 degree, in real life it has 900.. so game did that for me.. so thanks for this realistic update next time just inform us better in game.. so I dont have to search whole internet for answers for hours!

EDIT2: in the end it still donst work right .. it seems this far this game is broken for t300 users. just tested many cars and it is unplayable.. options dont represent actual going on.. steering wheel feels weird lost all force feedback..

EDIT3: wow, before update steering wheel was fast and responsive.. it represented very fast in game wheel how fast I was turning.. now.. wow.. I turn the wheel and after almost a second it only does that in game.. such a lag.. amazing.. how can they ruin almost finished game.. its immposible to turn.. the more I test the worse it gets..

turned the game off, tried 100 options, still cant get back that great feel I had with manual setting option.. now it seems it is less options then before.. my old setups saved setups are gone.. new dont work..

they need to fix this asap for T300.. I will try to delete the game tomorrow and play with old version of game.. new update has broken game for me :(

OK, glad I'm not the only one. I had to turn the wheel a full 250 degrees to get my Polo r to get around a right 6.

Codemasters are aware of the FFB bug for Thrustmaster wheels on PS4 since the update. Let's assume they are working flat out to fix it.

Codemasters are aware of the FFB bug for Thrustmaster wheels on PS4 since the update. Let's assume they are working flat out to fix it.

Ohh.. so glad to hear it is not my issue! .. like really.. turn 6 is a massive work in update 1.02, turn 2 or 1 should be trophy achievement! Im ending up in the trees all the time, steering wheel feels weird and akward.. linearity also is broken, and it cant be tuned properly anymore, many options are missing, I hope we will get them back like it was before!

how do you think will saves work if I delete game and install old version? only one way to find out! :D

Noob question here. Is there a way to turn off the co-pilots voice? God bless the U.K., but most of the time I can't understand what he's saying. It distracts from the car and road sounds. I find myself trying to understand him instead of concentrating on my driving. I know it's a big part of Rally in real life, but I find it distracting. Fairly new to the game, and can't find anything in the options.

Noob question here. Is there a way to turn off the co-pilots voice? God bless the U.K., but most of the time I can't understand what he's saying. It distracts from the car and road sounds. I find myself trying to understand him instead of concentrating on my driving. I know it's a big part of Rally in real life, but I find it distracting. Fairly new to the game, and can't find anything in the options.
Options - audio - speech

Stupid question: why can't I use the Peugeot 208 T16 hillclimb car? I just bought it, and went to use it - I like to develop the cars outside the championships - but I can't drive it in custom events or championship mode.

Stupid question: why can't I use the Peugeot 208 T16 hillclimb car? I just bought it, and went to use it - I like to develop the cars outside the championships - but I can't drive it in custom events or championship mode.

As far as I know, it can only be used on the full tarmac course in custom events outside career

As far as I know, it can only be used on the full tarmac course in custom events outside career
Ah. That's a shame, because I am trying to get the "Propane & Propane Accessories" achievement for winning a hillclimb championship. I did it with the 405 T16, but for some reason the game didn't register it. So I went to try again, but I have to do it on the tarmac version, and the classic hillclimb cars are really sluggish on tarmac.

I have just hooked a friend up with Dirt Rally on PC, is there a way we can do an online rally together ?
I haven't played it enough to know all the ins and outs yet, so I'm hoping the GTP faithful will be able to give me some advise.
I did have a quick look at the options last night, looks like I may have to set up a league ? Or is there another easier way to do a rally against a friend ?

:cheers:

I have just hooked a friend up with Dirt Rally on PC, is there a way we can do an online rally together ?
No there isn't. It's the actual drawback in this game, and for the looks of it (as no single Codemasters developer still answer to that) it will not be possible on dr2 as well.

I'm not getting this game because of that. I have dr1 and could forgive then back in the day for not having rally online. Not this time.

No there isn't. It's the actual drawback in this game, and for the looks of it (as no single Codemasters developer still answer to that) it will not be possible on dr2 as well.

I'm not getting this game because of that. I have dr1 and could forgive then back in the day for not having rally online. Not this time.
There was (and still is) the option to make online rally leagues with your friends :

https://www.dirtgame.com/es/leagues

Here you make your league with the options, rallys, cars, and invite your friends...

Once in-game you go to leagues and you will find your online league.

Is the same for dirt4 and Will be the same for dirt rally 2.

In dirt rally you have also the rallycross that have online racing

There was (and still is) the option to make online rally leagues with your friends :

https://www.dirtgame.com/es/leagues

Here you make your league with the options, rallys, cars, and invite your friends...

Once in-game you go to leagues and you will find your online league.

Is the same for dirt4 and Will be the same for dirt rally 2.
That doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about. Those are online challenges/leagues, nothing to do with actual play against others real time, in other words either rally staggered starts or all ghosted, but in the same stage at the same time. That is not possible on dirt rally, and for the looks of it won't be too on dr2.

In dirt rally you have also the rallycross that have online racing
Rallycross is not rally.

Ah thanks! I went to single player->Trailblazer like you said and drove the car :dopey:
Hey, do you have a ok setup for my hyundai grb genesis dirt? ILL be greatful if you have somting
Well, I am at about 90% completion of season 4 (just have Gymkhana events) and 50% completion of the World Tour events; currently at rep level 28. I made this thread so those of you who are curious about the game or have just started and are looking for more information have somewhere to easily get it.

I run a Playseat/DFGT (I want a GT2 :() and race with ABS only.

If you have any questions I, or other members, would be happy to answer them.

Couple of things:

1- Multiplayer, downloadable content, and pre-order bonuses on PS3-
These are now available for PS3 users. Simply input the code you received into the "Redeem Code" portion of the PS Store to unlock VIP access and pre-order bonuses. Future DLC will be added to the PS Store soon.

2- Wheel jumping to the left after events-
I believe this is mainly a made for controller feature that might have been over looked with wheels. Turn down vibration in the feedback settings menu. I run between a 30-40% and while this does not do away with vibration in the menus it will stop the wheel from jumping completely to steering lock. Unfortunately, this also effects in race environmental vibration effects. I do not know if there is a fix or future patch to fix this issue.

3- Supported wheels.
Here is a list of supported wheels from Codemasters: http://community.codemasters.com/fo...4511-dirt-3-supported-controllers-wheels.html
However, GTP members are reporting additional wheels with full or some functionality (forum search).

4- Future DLC
This can easily be seen just by looking at your trophies or achievements menu. Future DLC includes: Power and Glory Car Pack, Mud and Guts Car Pack, Monte Carlo Track Pack, X Games Asia Track Pack.

5- Driving Physics
The driving physics are what you make them. With all aids off the game is as close to realism as a DiRT game can get. With that said, DiRT 3 is neither a Need for Speed game nor Gran Turismo. It happily sits in the middle. Expect your car to float sideways with poor throttle control in corners with traction control off. ABS, driving line, and other options are available for those looking for a casual experience. These options can be modified within the "Options" sub menu at the main menu.[/Q

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
Question about sponsors in DiRT 4.

Occasionally I get emails from my PR agent about a specific sponsor who has a generous offer for me. In this case it's Repco.

20190217_233729.jpg

Then I head to the branding and sponsor suite, and any offer from Repco is nowhere to be seen. Where do I have to go to find out more about their generous offer, and take them up on it?

Question about sponsors in DiRT 4.

Occasionally I get emails from my PR agent about a specific sponsor who has a generous offer for me. In this case it's Repco.

View attachment 800105

Then I head to the branding and sponsor suite, and any offer from Repco is nowhere to be seen. Where do I have to go to find out more about their generous offer, and take them up on it?

Normally it should be there if you cycle through the sponsors.

Normally it should be there if you cycle through the sponsors.
But it hasn't been. This is the third time I've received notification of a sponsor offer, but they never show up in the menu :boggled:

So I never find out what their offers are and I dunno if I'm losing out on some big bucks!

Back