Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Arent Contributing Writer only for those who got premium already?

Not specifically: the call went out to Premos, but we aren't categorically against bringing a non-Premium member on board the team. IIRC, @Matej wasn't Premium.

I wouldn't consider the CW perks "payment". More of a "thank you". :)

Not specifically: the call went out to Premos, but we aren't categorically against bringing a non-Premium member on board the team. IIRC, @Matej wasn't Premium.

I wouldn't consider the CW perks "payment". More of a "thank you". :)
Are there any perks above a normal premium member?

I just thought of this:

Some say that he is the accidental brainchild of a mad scientist and his keyboard. And that he'd rather exile people for asking questions pertaining to a supposed "mod forum" instead of answering them. All we know is... he's called Jordon.

So here's perhaps an interesting question:

If there's any way to know, what was the first locked thread on this site?

You'd probably have to search to the beginning, looking at the earliest threads, and work forwards. "Site Support" (2nd sub-forum created) and "The Rumble Strip" (the 4th) are the two oldest forums, though maybe GT3 has it based on the number of expected replies, which probably contained duplicate questions (How to get the F094/S, perhaps?) :D

Based on the numeral on the end of the URL, I believe "Site News" was the first sub-forum, but it was later decommissioned. Several years back, I think enough people spammed the very first thread sufficiently to warrant a lock, but that would just make it a very old thread which became locked.

Probably a dumb question, but are warning points permanent? I myself have never received any but it's just a question that's been in the back of my mind for some time now.

Probably a dumb question, but are warning points permanent? I myself have never received any but it's just a question that's been in the back of my mind for some time now.

I know I'm not a mod, but....

Some are, some aren't.

What @TS040 said. It depends on the situation, really.

When I got two warnings (no points, thankfully), they were set to never expire, and I could see that. Now, under "Expiry," they just say "N/A."

The points themselves expire but the fact you received points, how many and what for, stays on your record.

Curiosity more than anything. Going off this image below, there was a half an hour gap between any posts on the forum. We have users from all over the world in different timezones so the site is busy 24 hours a day. There are slow times and even slow days, of course, but generally there is always something going on somewhere.

What's the average gap between posts over the course of a day? Or what is the record gap between posts on a day since, say, the forum's update?

fas.png

Curiosity more than anything. Going off this image below, there was a half an hour gap between any posts on the forum. We have users from all over the world in different timezones so the site is busy 24 hours a day. There are slow times and even slow days, of course, but generally there is always something going on somewhere.

What's the average gap between posts over the course of a day? Or what is the record gap between posts on a day since, say, the forum's update?

View attachment 600323
Barring matinences, that may actually be a record o.o

Or what is the record gap between posts on a day since, say, the forum's update?

Back in mid-2002, I recall a late-night-can't-sleep moment where exactly one other member was logged in on the board. (After 30 minutes, you were "logged out"; password-saving wasn't as common then.) Back then, we had less than ten thousand users, and it must have been in the interregnum where most US and Continental members were asleep (or doing other things) and most of Australia was still at work/play.

Or everyone saw my username and immediately found spare time to do laundry and file taxes.

Back