Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Does anyone think that it might be appropriate to have a minute silence (posting blocked for a minute) at the event of the passing of a well known member?

In light of recent happenings with a well loved member I felt the need to bring it up although we all hope this is just a theoretical discussion.

After all, the community is so tight here because of the respect that members show towards to forum and each other.

Does anyone think that it might be appropriate to have a minute silence (posting blocked for a minute) at the event of the passing of a well known member?

In light of recent happenings with a well loved member I felt the need to bring it up although we all hope this is just a theoretical discussion.

After all, the community is so tight here because of the respect that members show towards to forum and each other.

I hate to answer the question, but I am in support of the proposed idea.

I know it's an awful prospect, but if it comes to it, shouldn't we hounour our friends the same online as we would in the flesh?

I think we should. Honestly, I have more respect for most here than I do my friends in real life. Yourself included.

It's a very sad prospect but one that is inevitable.
I'm in full support of this.

I've been out of touch for the last couple of weeks, is there possible bad news to come [edited].

Last edited:
When you are promoted to moderator, do you look yourself up in the secret mod forum to see if you or your posts have been discussed in the past?

Dan
That must be pretty awkward if you were discussed negatively.

Not as much as you'd think. I know I was an asshole in my earlier years, and I've since (slowly, but surely) learned to not be as reactive. The operative word there being "as", I'm still reactive to certain acts of... "genius." :lol:

Admittedly, I look back at some of my older posts and criticisms and think to myself "I miss that guy. So honest. Not wording things as he should, but honest."

Not as much as you'd think. I know I was an asshole in my earlier years, and I've since (slowly, but surely) learned to not be as reactive. The operative word there being "as", I'm still reactive to certain acts of... "genius." :lol:

Admittedly, I look back at some of my older posts and criticisms and think to myself "I miss that guy. So honest. Not wording things as he should, but honest."
So, how many times did "rude egg" come up in the Mod forum before your promotion?

So there's hope for us all then? :P

When you are promoted to moderator, do you look yourself up in the secret mod forum to see if you or your posts have been discussed in the past?

I only had one infraction before becoming a mod. So no, not really.

-

But now you've made me extreeeeeemely curious.

TB
Some, not all. ;)

I assume by that, you mean:

upload_2017-3-14_2-31-44.png

*Citation needed*

You would have thought that being thick-skinned was a prerequisite for the job. Perhaps leather might be better?

This is like the small office where we can look through to the adminstrations office and see what they're goofing off about :lol:

Almost immediately. :P

No official warnings, but I ran it close in one instance about a year before I was brought on board.

This just made me realize that in February 2018, I will have spent longer at GTPlanet as a member of staff than I did as a regular forumer. I know my post count has ballooned since being brought on: I think I had <4000 posts back in November 2010.

Back