Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
What about deities with a Famine complex?
All deities with a @Famine complex, reveal yourself NOW.
giphy.gif

...and there's the source for this week's nightmare. :ill:

Feel like I need to ask something for posting a day later. 💡

Favorite section to "mod" over?

...and there's the source for this week's nightmare. :ill:

Feel like I need to ask something for posting a day later. 💡

Favorite section to "mod" over?
I know that one. Can I tell you?

Favourite section to mod over is the section where mods can give warning points and ban members on an hourly basis.

The best day as a moderator is the day where we don't need to click those buttons. It means that, for 24 hours, everyone posting has understood the community.
That's an answer I like a lot and for that you get a "like" from kikie. :D

Is some of the staff's 'like-button' broken? Or maybe a limited amount of 'likes' to be handed out.

I love the fact that a) You posted in that thread yourself and b) Famine liked every post except for the OP's.
Not every post but close.
Yeah, I'm such a nice guy.

I forgot about that thread.

I remember, many, many years ago, I got a 'like' from Famine when there wasn't a like button but a button of some kind below the username.

It was because I said that FWD cars are not better than RWD cars but they are safer.

It was every post in the thread other than those posted by the user that started it. It amused me (as did GTP-following that guy complaining about paedophiles following his kids on GTS), because I'm a giant child.

It was every post in the thread other than those posted by the user that started it.
That is what I'm saying. >> Not every post but close. Doesn't matter if it was the thread starter, you didn't like those posts, so, again >> not every post but close.

This amuses me too.... :P

... except for the 🤬 lower back pain I'm still having and feeling right now. :ouch:

BTW, I was only messing around with the 'like' post, honestly. I actually don't care if Famine likes my posts or not. :D

Come on people, like this post or I'm sad, so sad. :(

Last edited:
That is what I'm saying. >> Not every post but close. Doesn't matter if it was the thread starter, you didn't like those posts, so, again >> not every post but close.
It was every post except for the Original/Opening Poster's posts, like @Barra333 said...
b) Famine liked every post except for the OP's.

It was every post except for the Original/Opening Poster's posts, like @Barra333 said...
Yes, Barra333 and you are correct but I'm also correct. As I said > not every post but close. If it was every post, you would have liked the OP's post as well. That would have been literally every post.

I'm only using different words to say that you didn't like every post but every post except ........

I stand corrected, Famine is correct and I'm wrong, as always.

I just remembered why I said what I said. I read OP as 'Opening Post' instead of 'Opening Poster'. Pfff, I'm such a stupid Belgian, not worthy of posting on GTP. :guilty:

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's a great idea to be asking about security measures in the open like that...
True. A SIEM though is standardized software and isn't always used. It was more a question of curiosity.

What are some common attack types you see?
My guess is buffer overflow, XSS Scripting, impersonation attempts and DDoS.
All of the above, including a lot of brute force attacks on user accounts. Our WordPress installation, which runs the homepage/blog, receives near-constant vulnerability scans, and the site receives a few DDoS attacks per year.

Latest Posts

Back