R.S.01 GT3 handling issue

• Thread starter stevewf1
  • 133 comments
I have only used the R.S 01 once, I had a nice Manufacturers' race on Nurb GP with it, but that was a few patches ago. I will try it on Suzuka and report back.

EDIT: Did a few laps around Suzuka, nothing major stood out to me, just that you gotta be careful not to turn the wheel too much in the Hairpin Curve lest you spin out.

Last edited:
As luck would have it the Gr.3 at Suzuka is Daily Race B today.

I've just spent 30 mins driving back and forth around the hairpin and I can consistently replicate what has been spoken about on the thread. I have also found two ways on switching it on and off. The first is obvious, but comes with a significant downside - that is to turn the stability control on. It will cost you overall laptime though.

The second is much more subtle and will need some more testing before I'm confident it's a fix.

I've just spent 30 mins driving back and forth around the hairpin and I can consistently replicate what has been spoken about on the thread. I have also found two ways on switching it on and off. The first is obvious, but comes with a significant downside - that is to turn the stability control on. It will cost you overall laptime though.

The second is much more subtle and will need some more testing before I'm confident it's a fix.
Hm... if you mean ASM i have it on and it still happens, i have also ABS - default, Countersteering Assistance - strong, TC - 3 and Auto-Drive - off.

Given Suzuka is a GR3 daily, you should have no trouble posting a video to demonstrate this "bug" in action. Just hit the share button. Easy peasy.

I have never experienced this "bug" and today I did the daily without any hint of this alleged bug. Post a video so we can see it. If you want PD to "fix" it, they'll need a video anyway.

Last edited:
Given Suzuka is a GR3 daily, you should have no trouble posting a video to demonstrate this "bug" in action. Just hit the share button. Easy peasy.

I have never experienced this "bug" and today I did the daily without any hint of this alleged bug. Post a video so we can see it. If you want PD to "fix" it, they'll need a video anyway.

Not sure why you feel the need to be such a dick about it but good luck with it anyway.

Not sure why you feel the need to be such a dick about it but good luck with it anyway.

Dude, you have no proof that this is a bug and there is tons of proof that this is merely user error.

If there is a bug, which is totally possible, show us.

Dude, you have no proof that this is a bug and there is tons of proof that this is merely user error.

If there is a bug, which is totally possible, show us.

Lots of people have raised it.

If PD want to contact me about the bug, which I've explained, then they know where I am.

If they're looking for a dick, they know where you are.

Everyone's a winner.

Lots of people have raised it.

If PD want to contact me about the bug, which I've explained, then they know where I am.

If they're looking for a dick, they know where you are.

Everyone's a winner.

New's flash, the video evidence that I posted shows no bug.

To fix a bug that, so far, has been proven to be user error, they will need to see what you are doing to cause this bug.

Thinking I am a dick for asking you to show us your bug just reinforces that it's likely user error. Your reluctance reeks of arrogance, as if itnis inconceivable that the problem is your driving.

This thread also stated that the FIA race had tire wear when we all know that's not true. You see, people can make mistakes and perceive things incorrectly.

Show us. Heck, I don't even care if it's you who posts it. Sharing this issue via video will solve the problem for everyone or speed along a fix.

New's flash, the video evidence that I posted shows no bug.

To fix a bug that, so far, has been proven to be user error, they will need to see what you are doing to cause this bug.

Thinking I am a dick for asking you to show us your bug just reinforces that it's likely user error. Your reluctance reeks of arrogance, as if itnis inconceivable that the problem is your driving.

This thread also stated that the FIA race had tire wear when we all know that's not true. You see, people can make mistakes and perceive things incorrectly.

Show us. Heck, I don't even care if it's you who posts it. Sharing this issue via video will solve the problem for everyone or speed along a fix.

Good grief. You genuinely have a comprehension issue. I'm calling you a dick because you are being one. I'm relatively new here so I don't know if you're one of the resident genitalia that all forums seem to keep as pets.

I don't know why you post. Several people post on a thread about a potential issue, your contributions are almost exclusively stating that there isn't an issue. Having said that once, why bother repeating it (and then ironically labeling others as being in denial or arrogant etc).

The tyre wear point was clarified above.

With the time I had earlier I was able to do some testing. Other people's contributions have helped zero in on more specifics. I have family stuff to do. Some people are looking at the issue if and when they get time today as we constructively try to understand it, rather than adopting a pure climate change denial approach. If I have time to play a bit later I'll load it up and try and figure out how to share and post video.

This thread has crashed straight into a standard internet trope. Someone offers up a point, and some folks join in and agree to the point where an echo-chamber is erected and they've just made up their mind that something is broke. A counterpoint is presented, and evidence is provided. And the other people just can't bare to think they might be wrong, and start shouting the person down, along with name-calling.

Here, I'll help.

1 Press the "share" button on your controller.
2 paste the link to the video.
I don't understand why is so hard to believe @250Cal when other also have this problem in that corner, like myself? Why on earth should we lie about this?
If you don't have a problem in that corner fine, but some of us have, that is really the end of the story.

Last edited:
Guys, no need to go personal about this, there is something weird with the Renault and that corner on Suzuka, no question about it.

I don't understand why is so hard to believe @250Cal when other also have this problem in that corner, like myself? Why on earth should we lie about this?
If you don't have a problem in that corner fine, but some of us have, that is really the end of the story.

Based on your description, the problem is user error. That other players are having the same problem points to more user error.

If it's the car, post a video for us to see what the car is doing. It's so simple to share the experience.

Best case, a bug is exposed and it may be addressed by the next update. Worst case, it's user error and people learn to play better.

PD can't fix user error. Let's see the bug in action. It took me something like 5 minutes to post my vid from start to post. Why are we waiting days to see proof of a bug?

Based on your description, the problem is user error. That other players are having the same problem points to more user error.

If it's the car, post a video for us to see what the car is doing. It's so simple to share the experience.

Best case, a bug is exposed and it may be addressed by the next update. Worst case, it's user error and people learn to play better.

PD can't fix user error. Let's see the bug in action. It took me something like 5 minutes to post my vid from start to post. Why are we waiting days to see proof of a bug?

What’s your time with this car at Suzuka in the daily race?

I’m not trying to offend you, but maybe you're still a bit slow to experience this problem. I was running 2:00.3, and I had to be lucky to achieve this time, mainly, because if I tried to push through the hairpin, I would slide all over it.

I’m not trying to offend you, but maybe you're still a bit slow to experience this problem. I was running 2:00.3, and I had to be lucky to achieve this time, mainly, because if I tried to push through the hairpin, I would slide all over it.

Well, I jumped in with 3 minutes to qualify and I had to answer the phone at the same time. That said, considering how important the hairpin is to the laptime, I can't imagine how coasting around it is the better way to tackle it than being on thw throttle.

A 2:00.3 is a respectable laptime. How does it compare to other cars that you've tried?

Well, I jumped in with 3 minutes to qualify and I had to answer the phone at the same time. That said, considering how important the hairpin is to the laptime, I can't imagine how coasting around it is the better way to tackle it than being on thw throttle.

A 2:00.3 is a respectable laptime. How does it compare to other cars that you've tried?

In the same day, I was 1 tenth slower with the Porsche. So I stopped using the Renault. 1 tenth was not worth all my trouble.

In the same day, I was 1 tenth slower with the Porsche. So I stopped using the Renault. 1 tenth was not worth all my trouble.

With the top ten running low to mid 1:59's, a 2:00 lap is pretty darn good. 1 tenth is pretty small amount of time to considering a bug fix on the car, don't you think?

I'm home now, went out and lapped in the high 2:01's, which is what I am doing with the RCZ and the 911. Like I have maintained all along, I don't see a difference. I don't see a handling bug.

Edit: @IngRobNy I misread his post. He went 1/10th FASTER than the current go to car for that course. It's hard for me to believe that you can go faster than the best car with buggy handling.

Sure, the car is twitchy and it hates being upset, but I wouldn't consider that a bug.

Last edited:
Boring car, strange balance and I gave it away, the race frog is so much better in this gr3 class.

Last edited:
I would agree there is no bug. You just have to understand how EACH car performs and drive to EACH cars' limits. Owned a 911 in real life and spun it on a roundabout at about 20mph. A Mini would have not even skidded.

CJ

Kudos on that.

This is brilliant.

I don't know how to post videos etc as it's not something I do. I'll need to educate myself. If I get time I'll do that.

Why are we waiting days to see proof of a bug?

This is exceptional and worthy of it's own little bit of bandwidth.

I can see a couple of reasons for this.

I for one hadn't read the forum rule which says that any issue you find and wish to discover must be documented with video as you don't accept the written word - mainly, it seems, due to your struggle to comprehend it. So, I for one didn't make videos from the dailies or Manufacturer's race the other evening.

Do you think it may also be due to the fact that it's New Year's and people have other things to be doing?

Yes. I think you can set a decent one off lap time but not consistently, which is the crux of the issue.

Meanwhile, you can bang out fast laps in the RSR all day long.

I have to agree with you on that, @Nando deBem i would guess at least couple seconds lost when the car goes sideways and almost stops dead and not 1 tenth of a second.

Driving around the issue is worth about 0.5-0.7 second in that segment. Depending on how you choose to deal with it that can be amplified to roughly double that if you use ASM.

The slewing and almost stop is worth about 2 seconds. Half spin a chunk more. Full spin - as long as it takes.

Compare those to a potential outright benefit of 0.1 sec on a one off max lap. With the locked car settings and the in game options I used I couldn't do 10 competitive laps without it biting, which is why I found this thread.

Yes. I think you can set a decent one off lap time but not consistently, which is the crux of the issue.

Meanwhile, you can bang out fast laps in the RSR all day long.
It is not a bug, the R.S 01's stock setup is not the best out there so it is tail happy; the RSR being fast and reliable is not because it is magically helped by the game engine, but that it is fine tuned well.
I suggest you find a car which suits your driving style best and one you find safe to push to the limit.

It is not a bug, the R.S 01's stock setup is not the best out there so it is tail happy; the RSR being fast and reliable is not because it is magically helped by the game engine, but that it is fine tuned well.
I suggest you find a car which suits your driving style best and one you find safe to push to the limit.

I actually think the RS01's stock setup is decent. It's certainly not as obviously mid-engined as the 458 which can be tricky to keep consistently on the limit (and which does not display the same trait at the hairpin).

Call it a bug, characteristic, issue or whatever, I think the RS01 has a behaviour which it shouldn't regardless of its basic configuration. I have a vid, I just need to edit and upload it, which I'll endeavour to do tomorrow.

The RSR is fast, but it's predictability is the key and until they nerf it I can't see anything usurping it as the weapon of choice in Gr.3, where you have a choice.

Can't be bothered to read through the thread but I remember posting in this thread back before it's resurgence and I personally had no issue with the car then. What i want to know is are people losing control of it under breaking or throttle because if its under breaking upon entry of the hairpin move your brake bias to the front. You will get more understeer but it will stop the rear of the car sliding out.

Back