R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was so relieved when I saw him fuel saving behind me. I had been trying to work out the maths in the second stint to see how early I could pit for the new tyres and still get to the end but ran out of fuel before I got there. I was a lap short at the start of the final stint and @Mistah_MCA stopped a lap later so I was sure he was good. You might not have seen on any of the streams that whilst we were saving fuel @VulcanSpirit was flying in 3rd place on a different strategy, it must've been close to 2s a lap at one stage.

it would have been a classic if you'd have had @Mistah_MCA stream playing by the side of you on an ipad or something, you would have heard him trying to work out his strategy and yours...:lol::lol:

@Pigems end of LAP22, you nail the bus stop 👍 (i'm not saying that's the only time you did.. it's just one instance i've just watched where you did)

I was so relieved when I saw him fuel saving behind me. I had been trying to work out the maths in the second stint to see how early I could pit for the new tyres and still get to the end but ran out of fuel before I got there. I was a lap short at the start of the final stint and @Mistah_MCA stopped a lap later so I was sure he was good. You might not have seen on any of the streams that whilst we were saving fuel @VulcanSpirit was flying in 3rd place on a different strategy, it must've been close to 2s a lap at one stage.
From the start, I had been short-shifting and saving fuel as well, hence why I dropped back early on and was able to get more mileage before the first stop. Had nearly 9 laps left by the time I finished my second stint. I calculated at some point during the last half-hour that it would have taken roughly 9 minutes for me to do a set of four 2:15 laps (18 minutes for eight). Full fuel load was about 21 laps' worth, so 4 x 5 = 20 laps and 9 x 5 = 45 minutes - more than enough range for me to get to the end.

At the time, I wasn't entirely sure whether my calculations would work out if I pushed harder, so refrained from going flat out until the very end. Didn't realise how high @Mistah_MCA was revving until I watched bits of his stream earlier today - the commentary and passes he and @GOTMAXPOWER made were very entertaining.

looks like you guys had a blast. I got home in time to hook up to @Mistah_MCA live stream to see them within a second of each other with 20 minutes to go.... great commentary from Mistah even though he had to concentrate on the game of chess that was unfolding with @GOTMAXPOWER
It was funny to hear Mistah saying..'ok, so he's fuel saving now so i'll just stay here in the slip and save fuel as well... oh man, i wonder if he can hear me?' then they crossed the SF line with 20 seconds to go, so had to do another lap.. what a finish! I thought Mistah was going to hyperventilate on the last lap :lol: Well done guys :bowdown:
I felt like I was going to hyperventilate haha. My heart was pounding so hard and fast. I was surprised that I didn't bottle it. :lol:
I realized that he could have been listening in, which wouldn't have helped haha. I mean I wouldn't care too much, but that's just mean at that point. :D

I think I would have ran out of fuel if I kept on pushing, so when I caught on that you were fuel saving, I made the most out of it.
I think you almost psyched me out the lap before you pitted. :lol: I was thinking about pitting in right behind you, so when you turned right before you went into the pit lane, I had to turn my arms into noodles to get my car to turn and stay on track.[/quote]

From the start, I had been short-shifting and saving fuel as well, hence why I dropped back early on and was able to get more mileage before the first stop. Had nearly 9 laps left by the time I finished my second stint. I calculated at some point during the last half-hour that it would have taken roughly 9 minutes for me to do a set of four 2:15 laps (18 minutes for eight). Full fuel load was about 21 laps' worth, so 4 x 5 = 20 laps and 9 x 5 = 45 minutes - more than enough range for me to get to the end.

At the time, I wasn't entirely sure whether my calculations would work out if I pushed harder, so refrained from going flat out until the very end. Didn't realise how high @Mistah_MCA was revving until I watched bits of his stream earlier today - the commentary and passes he and @GOTMAXPOWER made were very entertaining.
All that revving so I can stay with @GOTMAXPOWER :D There were a couple moments where I thought he was definitely going to run away from me for good, but luckily, I was able to reel him back in. Near the end, we were both fuel saving quite a bit.

Cheers everyone. Really glad you all enjoyed it.

After a pretty crap couple of weeks, seeing everyone this hyped about something as insignificant as a race on a game is amazing. Whoever said gaming isn't good for your mental health is clearly a halfwit.
Anything which puts a smile on your face is good news. 👍

Latest Posts

Back