R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meanwhile...

20191123_143614.jpg

What an idiot. 7 spins :banghead: all by myself.

Settled down into a good rhythm the 2nd half (only 1 spin :D) and a 2:16.8 best lap, couple of 2:17.0's but over a minute down on next position by then.

Sorry if i got in the way for those lapping me, i was just trying to keep it pointing in the right direction :cheers:

But thanks for organising @Bivittavus88 👍

Last edited:
Can't be disappointed with that run. Took me a while to nail down a good lap in qualifying, but managed the start procedure alright (I've never done a manual rolling start before) and got a lot of consistent running in the 2:16 range. Double-stinted my first set of tyres and saved enough fuel to shave about six seconds off @Mistah_MCA's advantage when we came in for our second stops. Had a few unforced errors and one track limits penalty for touching the green zone at the end of Les Combes, but was happy to go all out and set the fastest lap in the final few minutes (2:14.850).

Thanks to @Bivittavus88 for hosting the race and congratulations to @GOTMAXPOWER and @Mistah_MCA - you guys had some cracking pace! Seems like you had an almighty scrap up front.

Looking forward to doing another race like this in the near future. :)

Thanks for coming, everyone. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. For those who glitched, I'm sorry guys. It would have been great to have you.

I was hoping to be a bit more consistent, with slightly better pace (and less gravel visits) But, all things considered, I'm happy enough. Best lap of 2:15.9xx.

This will be my last one for the year, I think. As much as I've had fun organising this, and the Catalunya event, I don't have the mental energy to do another one, at the moment.

As I've mentioned a few times, there will be a short series in the new year. Dates/races tbc.

Thanks for coming, everyone. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. For those who glitched, I'm sorry guys. It would have been great to have you.

I was hoping to be a bit more consistent, with slightly better pace (and less gravel visits) But, all things considered, I'm happy enough. Best lap of 2:15.9xx.

This will be my last one for the year, I think. As much as I've had fun organising this, and the Catalunya event, I don't have the mental energy to do another one, at the moment.

As I've mentioned a few times, there will be a short series in the new year. Dates/races tbc.

Thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated.

Competitive and fun.

Hopefully I can make your races in the new year.

@Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER

Had to exit early. But stuck around to watch you two battle it out. Never separated by more than a second. You guys were so evenly matched. Really entertaining watch.

So somehow my BB had changed and I didn't notice it til lap 10. I thought that setting stayed with the car, but oh well. I guess I didn't notice it in qual because of 5x fuel. Then when I went to pit I just missed it and turned around to go in and it spit me out on the straight. Next time around I swear I entered correctly and it spits me out again without pitting. I pulled over thinking my fuel wouldn't let me make around but I had enough on FM3. But once again I couldn.t enter. When I ran Spa in the dailies I did no stops so I guess that attributed to me not getting on pit road right. But I was treated to a great race between those two so it wasn't a total loss.

The very end of the race had me shaking so much. :lol: @GOTMAXPOWER and I were together pretty much the whole time, and I almost lost it a couple times. I double-stinted at the start, and on the final stop, that's when I got new tires. I did worry a bit about running out of fuel during the final stint, but luckily, that didn't become a problem.

Still insane. 1.5 hours of racing, with 1st and 2nd finishing 0.5 seconds from each other. This was the match of the decade. :lol:

It's not your fault. Maybe Sony hates my ISP (Comcast). I understand Sony, I hate them too. My download/upload speeds were half what they were last night in Pigems' room. Everybody must have been in my neighborhood trying to stream Netflix in 4K at the same time. :lol:

It's not your fault. Maybe Sony hates my ISP (Comcast). I understand Sony, I hate them too. My download/upload speeds were half what they were last night in Pigems' room. Everybody must have been in my neighborhood trying to stream Netflix in 4K at the same time. :lol:
You wired in, or wireless with Comcast?

Well this morning was certainly an experience! Thanx @Bivittavus88 for hosting :bowdown:. I almost didn't make it. We lost power earlier and when power came back on, obviously not everything was happy. Had to restart the PS4, which didn't seem to help. I had to shut down and restart the modem, NBN interface, router and hub, then try the PS4 again. With seconds before the start of qualifying I was able to get the console online and join the lobby :scared:. I'm still chasing down other gremlins in the house from when power came back on :rolleyes:.

I was having my race up the back with @Qyn and @John G .. for a while anyway :crazy:. Unfortunately for me they got their 🤬 together, and I kinda didn't. I'm not that adept at adapting to tyre wear... *any* tyre wear. I noticed my times dropped by 2-4s a lap towards the end, and in hind sight, I probably shouldn't have changed tyres. Only 4 laps to go. Any time I gained from fresh tyres wouldn't have made any difference... I still woulda finished last :crazy:. I think the gap to @Qyn was 40s across the line...was over 1 min at one stage. Only lapped by half the field twice :dopey:.

Congrats to @GOTMAXPOWER ... who grabbed the AM win?

Well this morning was certainly an experience! Thanx @Bivittavus88 for hosting :bowdown:. I almost didn't make it. We lost power earlier and when power came back on, obviously not everything was happy. Had to restart the PS4, which didn't seem to help. I had to shut down and restart the modem, NBN interface, router and hub, then try the PS4 again. With seconds before the start of qualifying I was able to get the console online and join the lobby :scared:. I'm still chasing down other gremlins in the house from when power came back on :rolleyes:.

I was having my race up the back with @Qyn and @John G .. for a while anyway :crazy:. Unfortunately for me they got their 🤬 together, and I kinda didn't. I'm not that adept at adapting to tyre wear... *any* tyre wear. I noticed my times dropped by 2-4s a lap towards the end, and in hind sight, I probably shouldn't have changed tyres. Only 4 laps to go. Any time I gained from fresh tyres wouldn't have made any difference... I still woulda finished last :crazy:. I think the gap to @Qyn was 40s across the line...was over 1 min at one stage. Only lapped by half the field twice :dopey:.

Congrats to @GOTMAXPOWER ... who grabbed the AM win?
Great race today. At the start I tried to fuel save until I noticed how big the gap was getting. :eek: Put the fuel map to 2 and went for broke. Should've double stinted my tires in the beginning, :rolleyes: but I'll charge that to the game as a lesson learned. :P I was curious as to why everyone was practicing so much. Now I know why. Experience is the best teacher :D. @Bivittavus88 thanks for hooking us up with this one. :bowdown: Looking forward to the series next year.

1st time I've ever participated in a race with the qualifying like that. :odd: Is that what it's like in the FIA race world?

I wired up last week. But, I still had issues last night with Pigems' room. Tried to rebuild the database of the PS4. Nothing so far has worked.
Well there goes my idea. :lol: I was gonna suggest getting the xfi pods if xfinity is what you were running with Comcast. They extended the signal throughout the house including 1 upstairs by the man cave. But, all that's mute now since you're wired up. :P

Qyn
Great race today. At the start I tried to fuel save until I noticed how big the gap was getting. :eek: Put the fuel map to 2 and went for broke. Should've double stinted my tires in the beginning, :rolleyes: but I'll charge that to the game as a lesson learned. :P I was curious as to why everyone was practicing so much. Now I know why. Experience is the best teacher :D. @Bivittavus88 thanks for hooking us up with this one. :bowdown: Looking forward to the series next year.

1st time I've ever participated in a race with the qualifying like that. :odd: Is that what it's like in the FIA race world?
Yes, fuel burning is a rather common strategy in the FIA lobbies I've been in - even in practice races with quali enabled. Not something I've wanted to try since it doesn't allow for multiple flying laps and makes for a tedious session from the onboards I've seen of it in action.

My apologies, guys.

I really dropped the ball last night. Every moment was a tragedy. I remember doing a couple of practice laps a few weeks ago on the mediums and softs and I could swear the car was immeasurably more controllable than I found it to be last night.

As soon as we started quali I already started getting the feeling I wasn't going to enjoy this one. I lost the car in strange places, fishtailing on the straights, I oversteered then understeered then oversteered again. I got in people's way, I am sure I must have ruined a few laps. I put it on autodrive and went for a cig, leaving myself time to chuck another lap in. It was clean at least, but not at all quick. Just couldn't settle the car whatsoever.

Race time I ruined the formation lap. Tried to settle back where I started but I think my shuffling created some gaps in the field.

First laps were a disaster. Tyres felt like PVC piping, and I wasn't enjoying myself. I crashed once, twice, three times or more in the first five laps, and then decided to retire.

I did you guys a disservice by not being ready to race and I am sorry my spot couldn't go to someone more prepared. I apologise for my ****** attitude, not really sure what's going on with me at the moment.

Hope y'all managed to have fun despite me. Thanks @Bivittavus88 for organising.

My apologies, guys.

I really dropped the ball last night. Every moment was a tragedy. I remember doing a couple of practice laps a few weeks ago on the mediums and softs and I could swear the car was immeasurably more controllable than I found it to be last night.

As soon as we started quali I already started getting the feeling I wasn't going to enjoy this one. I lost the car in strange places, fishtailing on the straights, I oversteered then understeered then oversteered again. I got in people's way, I am sure I must have ruined a few laps. I put it on autodrive and went for a cig, leaving myself time to chuck another lap in. It was clean at least, but not at all quick. Just couldn't settle the car whatsoever.

Race time I ruined the formation lap. Tried to settle back where I started but I think my shuffling created some gaps in the field.

First laps were a disaster. Tyres felt like PVC piping, and I wasn't enjoying myself. I crashed once, twice, three times or more in the first five laps, and then decided to retire.

I did you guys a disservice by not being ready to race and I am sorry my spot couldn't go to someone more prepared. I apologise for my ****** attitude, not really sure what's going on with me at the moment.

Hope y'all managed to have fun despite me. Thanks @Bivittavus88 for organising.
Don't worry about what happened last night. The main thing is that you took part and had a shot in the R.S.01 - even I had a few moments where I came close to binning it completely. I think there was at least one other who retired from the race, so you weren't the only one having issues with the car.

We'll be happy to see you on track again soon. :)

My apologies, guys.

Max, you are a *way* better driver than me, and I was finding the car nice and stable. Easier to drive than the Gr3. It sounds to me like you were having technical problems?

looks like you guys had a blast. I got home in time to hook up to @Mistah_MCA live stream to see them within a second of each other with 20 minutes to go.... great commentary from Mistah even though he had to concentrate on the game of chess that was unfolding with @GOTMAXPOWER
It was funny to hear Mistah saying..'ok, so he's fuel saving now so i'll just stay here in the slip and save fuel as well... oh man, i wonder if he can hear me?' then they crossed the SF line with 20 seconds to go, so had to do another lap.. what a finish! I thought Mistah was going to hyperventilate on the last lap :lol: Well done guys :bowdown:

Fun rac

Maybe you can figure out where the brake point for the final turn was, I sure couldn’t! :lol:

the bus stop chicane thingy? Yes i noticed that you 'varied' it a little :lol:
Prob down to the slip sometimes and also fuel weight.. i think Mistah & MAX were breaking a little earlier than you and riding the right kerb more

the bus stop chicane thingy? Yes i noticed that you 'varied' it a little :lol:
Prob down to the slip sometimes and also fuel weight.. i think Mistah & MAX were breaking a little earlier than you and riding the right kerb more

That’s the one! I had 125m in my head for a BP but I just couldn’t seem to hit it consistently, I’d say that’s where I started to lose more time at the end too, it’s like I got worse there as the race went on. :lol:

looks like you guys had a blast. I got home in time to hook up to @Mistah_MCA live stream to see them within a second of each other with 20 minutes to go.... great commentary from Mistah even though he had to concentrate on the game of chess that was unfolding with @GOTMAXPOWER
It was funny to hear Mistah saying..'ok, so he's fuel saving now so i'll just stay here in the slip and save fuel as well... oh man, i wonder if he can hear me?' then they crossed the SF line with 20 seconds to go, so had to do another lap.. what a finish! I thought Mistah was going to hyperventilate on the last lap :lol: Well done guys :bowdown:
I was so relieved when I saw him fuel saving behind me. I had been trying to work out the maths in the second stint to see how early I could pit for the new tyres and still get to the end but ran out of fuel before I got there. I was a lap short at the start of the final stint and @Mistah_MCA stopped a lap later so I was sure he was good. You might not have seen on any of the streams that whilst we were saving fuel @VulcanSpirit was flying in 3rd place on a different strategy, it must've been close to 2s a lap at one stage.

Back