[RACE][B-Spec] 2015-S1 Captain Morgan GTR2 World Endurance Championship

• Thread starter raven214
  • 303 comments

Would it be acceptable to do race writeups rather than videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
US
GTR2-WEC-1.gif
Welcome to the inaugural season of the [B-Spec] Captain Morgan GTR2 World Endurance Championship sanctioned by RACE!

This is a multiclass endurance sports car series inspired by the likes of the Tudor United SportsCar Championship and the World Endurance Championship.

The races will be run remotely by me. This means you don't need the game to participate! Simply sign up and create a paint scheme - or ask someone to make one for you. Role playing is optional.

Disclaimer
This is my first attempt at running a series such as this. There will likely be bumps in the road, so I ask for your understanding and patience in advance. Thanks!

Cars
There are 2 classes of cars, which will run simultaneously:

Prototype (P) - This is the top class. Normally, these cars are purpose-built race cars engineered to go for the overall win. Maserati and Saleen have generously offered 2 of their famous models, the MC12 and S7-R respectively, for conversion to prototype specifications in this series. The cars will be specially prepared as the "MC12-LMP" and "S7-LMP".

Maserati MC12-LMP
Info-Maserati-MC12-2004.jpg

Saleen S7-LMP
Info-Saleen-S7-R-2003.jpg

Grand Touring (GT) - This is the second class, and is slightly slower than prototype. These cars are based on production models, which are then modified for added safety and balanced performance.

Ferrari 360 Modena
Info-Ferrari-360Modena-2003.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3-RS
Info-Porsche-911GT3RS-2004.jpg

Schedule
There will be 6 rounds. See below for the full schedule and point standings.

Points System
Both classes will use the same point system:

1: 10
2: 7
3: 5
4: 3
5: 2
6 and below: 1

Bonus points (3, 2, 1) will be awarded to the top 3 positions of each class currently running at the halfway point.

Field Size
Field size will be rather limited due to system limitations: 6 prototypes and 8 grand tourers (subject to change). If there are enough entrants - a maximum of 10 prototypes and 12 grand tourers, qualifying will be run by class before the combined session to set the grid.

Teams
Teams are allowed of up to 4 members, with a maximum of 2 per class. Teams may only run one model car per class.

For example, "Team Italy" could have a maximum 2 Maserati drivers in P and 2 Ferrari drivers in GT. Cars may be painted in matching paint schemes if desired, but please use a distinguishing feature such as different accent colors or reversed colors.

You are not required to join/create a team, but "independent" drivers will be given a simple team name based on their username.

Drivers
Real world endurance racing typically allows a team of multiple drivers to share responsibilities for each car. For this series, you may have up to 3 "drivers" for your car. This is completely optional, and only for RP/commentating purposes. If no driver names are given, I'll simply use your username for all references.

Paint Schemes
Feel free to be creative! As to be expected, vulgar/obscene images are not allowed. Please zip your paint scheme (to avoid the forum's image reduction), and send it to me in a private message titled for this series. See below for templates.

For your car number, please use a simple non-italicized font, such as Arial Bold, in the color black. There is no font size requirement because the size of the number sign varies depending on the template - it should be simple and visible. Please also put your number somewhere on the hood to help with identification during the race. It can be stylized, for example:

Chevrolet-No-9-Corvette-DP-Rolex-24-Daytona-2013-01.jpg

totalcar1.jpg

Coverage
It has not yet been determined if coverage will be in the form of videos, written articles with screenshots, or a combination thereof. Details will be announced as the season nears.

Last edited:
Schedule
1. 6 Hours of Mount Panorama
2. 24 Hours of Daytona
3. 12 Hours of Sebring
4. 6 Hours of Watkins Glen
5. 12 Hours of Spa
6. 24 Hours of Le Mans

Spotter's Guide
Coming soon!

Team Profiles

DC Racing
P - #31 Maserati - DCybertron

Daniel Cruz: A ex-Super GT driver hailing from the Philippines, Cruz has a very calm, relaxed driving style that often results in verbal abuse from crew chiefs for not being aggressive enough. Fortunately for him, endurance racing may fit his style perfectly.

Frank O'Kelly: An Irish TT driver living life on the edge, a tragic crash at the Isle Of Man left him in the hospital for about a year and a half. He's making his comeback to racing in something a little safer with 4 wheels.

Ashleigh Glass: Glass was born and raised in the Midwest, so naturally, with all the fields around her, she took up RallyCross. Immensely successful at the Pro-Am level, her Pro debut wasn't so great to say the least. Maybe it's the dirt portion of the track she's not good at. Maybe it's the super-agressive driving. Who knows?

Harsk World Motorsports
P - #13 Saleen - Harsk100

NCTX Motorsports
GT - #79 Porsche - BKGlover

Raven Motorsport
P - #95 Saleen - rallymorten
P - #97 Saleen - raven214

Will Raven - A natural-born leader, Will Raven gave up a promising young racing career to serve as a fighter pilot in the US Navy. Now, Will trades in his flight suit for a race suit, and puts his military discipline to good use in running the day-to-day operations at Raven Motorsport. Named for his grandfather, an accomplished military aviator in his own right, Will is a master strategist and crafty tactician. Even when he does not have the outright pace of his competitors, he often finds a way to stay in the fight by getting the most out of his equipment and making his car last longer than the rest. While Will has always acted as a mentor to his younger brother, Jett, the pair maintain a healthy sibling rivalry to this day.

Jett Raven - Younger brother Jett Raven has always felt like he had something to prove. A lifelong thrill seeker, Jett lives for speed and adventure, and will race anything that moves. His fire and passion for racing is infectious, and helps fuel Raven Motorsport to compete with the biggest and best in the business. As director of the team's marketing and PR departments, Jett expresses his creative side by making sure the cars always look good. He drives relentlessly, and can never be accused of slacking off - even if it occasionally comes back to bite him in the form of a late mechanical failure. Pushing himself and his equipment to the max is the only way Jett knows how to drive. Combine his speed with his older brother Will's ability to conserve the car and choose the right times to attack, and this duo is a force to be reckoned with on the track.

Eric Raven - The patriarch of the Raven clan, Eric is a former US Marine and the founder of Raven Motorsport. As father of Jett and Will, Eric built the team from the ground up, starting in Trans-Am with a 1972 Chevrolet Camaro run out of his own garage. The pinnacle of his driving career came in the 90's with winning the 24 Hours of Daytona and the overall driver's championship in the same year, followed by finishing on the podium at Le Mans. Eric just recently passed down control of most team operations to his sons Will and Jett, though he remains intimately involved as the race manager. These days, he spends most of his time atop the pit box calling the shots, but he does get back in the car every now and again for long distance races as the group's third driver.

RJC Racing
GT - #53 Ferrari - Tired iron

Smurf AutoSport
GT - #1 Ferrari - Smurfybug

Swift Autosport
P - #2 Saleen - tbwhhs
GT - #38 Ferrari - Gerarghini
GT - #50 Ferrari - Swiftsmith

Team Kate Upton
P - #20 Maserati - DurWinning

Kenny Blankenship. A down home southern boy with the heart to race. Born in 1980 in a small town in rural Texas. His father was a successful Nascar Winston Cup driver back in 1985. Kenny took to his father's roots and began in Sprint Cars at small, dirt ovals. He proceeded to work his way up and (with help from his father) made it to the Nascar Craftsman Truck Series in 1999. He was fierce and won numerous races over his career, but he could never clinch the championship. He stayed there for 9 years until he received an offer to drive a V8 Touring Car in Australia. But his luck changed when in 2013, he suffered a broken leg, a collapsed lung, and a cracked skull in a horrible crash at Bathurst. After a year and a half of rehab, Kenny is ready to get back into racing, and here is his ticket back in.

Vic Romano. The man from the East Coast looking to claim his dominance in endurance racing. Born in 1988, he is the youngest of the three drivers. He grew up fairly comfortable. His father was a successful businessman and his mother owned a highly profitable 4-star restaurant. Vic's love for racing came in 2000. After showing an interest in cars, his father decided to take him to 2000 24 Hours of Le Mans. After the race, Vic fell in love with the sport of Endurance Racing. He began his motorsport career soon afterwards, participating as a driver in 2-4 hour races and as a backup driver in 6-10 hour races. He has the skills needed, but can he handle the pressure.

Tenneal Miyamoto. The Japanese Captain (or just Captain, he doesn't really care). Born in 1985, Tenneal grew up in the Shizuoka Prefecture in Japan. His parents urged him to get amazing grades and become a lawyer. Tenneal had other ideas. In 1999 he witnessed Ukyo Katayama set the LMP record at Fuji speedway in the Toyota GT-One. He loved the sense of speed and competition. Going against his parent wishes, Tenneal got involved in small race organizations. But in 2007, he was given an oppurtunity of a life time. He was able to convince a private team to let him compete in the JGTC GT300 class. After spending some time in the GT300 class, Tenneal has chosen to continue his dream, and make the leap to Endurance racing. It'll be interesting to see how this will play out.
P - #24 Maserati - Jahgee1124
GT - #7 Ferrari - BRRT_Angel
GT - #76 Ferrari - Niku Driver HC

Mafty Navilles Erin, a former army member, with a limited racing knowledge. However, he is quite agressive, and eager to do well on my team. He's also the one who named TKU's GT entry after himself...

Joseph Carter-Jones, youngest driver of the team from the USA. He only has kart experience behind him, but he has tested several Formula cars before joining the TKU-GT ranks.

Last edited:
Files

Attached below is the car viewer from rally's series. The "car viewer files" unzips the related files for the Saleen, Ferrari, and Porsche. All you need to do to preview a scheme, is save it as a .bmp with the name of the matching file in that car's viewer folder, then launch car viewer and load the mesh from the appropriate car. Since I do not have the Maserati car files, I will instead help preview Maserati schemes myself.

Edit: I just realized the Porsche template I'm using does not match the one for the car viewer, so it likely will not work for that car. Sorry! I went ahead and added rally's season 2 Porsche template - it's the one named "996GT3RS Style2 (#160 Icepol)" in the zip. You can use either Porsche for the series, but that's the one that will work with car viewer.

Attachments

• Car viewer.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • GTR2-WEC carviewer files.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The standings spreadsheet is now live - link is in 2nd OP. Please let me know if you have any trouble viewing it.

I plan to get templates and car viewer files posted this week.

Also, as a matter of housekeeping, @Harsk100 and @DCybertron have registered for the same number. Technically, Harsk100 picked it first, but I will let you two decide amongst yourselves. Let me know who's taking what number and I will update the spreadsheet.

Here's the sign up list at present (#, name, make):

Prototype
2 tbwhhs Saleen
13 Harsk100 Saleen
13 DCybertron Maserati
51 AJHG1000 Maserati

GT
38 Gerarghini Ferrari
97 raven214 Porsche

The standings spreadsheet is now live - link is in 2nd OP. Please let me know if you have any trouble viewing it.

I plan to get templates and car viewer files posted this week.

Also, as a matter of housekeeping, @Harsk100 and @DCybertron have registered for the same number. Technically, Harsk100 picked it first, but I will let you two decide amongst yourselves. Let me know who's taking what number and I will update the spreadsheet.

Here's the sign up list at present (#, name, make):

Prototype
2 tbwhhs Saleen
13 Harsk100 Saleen
13 DCybertron Maserati
51 AJHG1000 Maserati

GT
38 Gerarghini Ferrari
97 raven214 Porsche
Since Harsk picked it first, he can keep it. :cheers:. I'll just use #31 instead.

Well, isn't the world of B-spec-esque series based off PC racing games getting more and more crowded... Let's just try not to overcrowd things too much, ok?

Also, I'm signing up. Expect me to keep the heck away from Prototype cars... :lol:

Well, isn't the world of B-spec-esque series based off PC racing games getting more and more crowded... Let's just try not to overcrowd things too much, ok?

Also, I'm signing up. Expect me to keep the heck away from Prototype cars... :lol:
Niku, wanna be apart of TKU over here as well? I'm running prototype (hopefully) so if you run GT we can assert our dominance (hopefully) in both classes.

Also if it wasn't obvious I signed up.

Before I sign anything, I have two 911 templates already, thanks to Porsche Cup/GT Cup. Will either of these work?

EDIT: Uhh, Dur I don't think that will fly. It may have to be TKU-P and TKU-GT if I'm reading the OP right.

Niku, wanna be apart of TKU over here as well? I'm running prototype (hopefully) so if you run GT we can assert our dominance (hopefully) in both classes.

Also if it wasn't obvious I signed up.

Can't really say no to that offer, guess I better warn @raven214 that I'll join TKU. And you choose the right time, as I am fielding a GT entry (hopefully a Ferrari 360).

Before I sign anything, I have two 911 templates already, thanks to Porsche Cup/GT Cup. Will either of these work?

I think that since it's the same model (IIRC), it should work. The liveries would be a perfect fit.

Can't really say no to that offer, guess I better warn @raven214 that I'll join TKU. And you choose the right time, as I am fielding a GT entry (hopefully a Ferrari 360).

I think that since it's the same model (IIRC), it should work. The liveries would be a perfect fit.
Alright. @raven214 you can take me off of the independent list. Niku and I are forming the GTR2 Chapter of Team Kate Upton.

The PC one may, but GTC one is just a red car as I'm hesitant to deal with the headaches of making schemes for PC. Even with the car viewer...which reminds me I need to go get help on that so I can use it with everything.

EDIT: Uhh, Dur I don't think that will fly. It may have to be TKU-P and TKU-GT if I'm reading the OP right.

The 911 templates should work as I'm using the same model car as @rallymorten in his series. I actually plan to use the exact same template.

I want to keep teams to 2 cars, but I have to admit, I hadn't really thought of a sort of alliance across classes e.g. TKU-P and TKU-GT scenario. I like the creativity. I'll allow it if you guys want. 👍

Alright. @raven214 you can take me off of the independent list. Niku and I are forming the GTR2 Chapter of Team Kate Upton.

Only one issue: you both chose different cars (and classes for that matter :rolleyes: ;)). Iron that out and I'll put your team in. 👍

@Niku Driver HC

The 911 templates should work as I'm using the same model car as @rallymorten in his series. I actually plan to use the exact same template.

I want to keep teams to 2 cars, but I have to admit, I hadn't really thought of a sort of alliance across classes e.g. TKU-P and TKU-GT scenario. I like the creativity. I'll allow it if you guys want. 👍
Sweet, cool and carp. Now I need to learn the ways of the carviewer. I'm gonna register then go curl up in terror.

Also possibly in bad judgement, I will drive myself and let Gregory Dammit focus on GT Cup.

Last edited:

Only one issue: you both chose different cars (and classes for that matter :rolleyes: ;)). Iron that out and I'll put your team in. 👍

@Niku Driver HC

Well, if we are supposed to have separate TKUs for each class, and are not allowed to create a crossover between classes, then we have to decide which class should we represent, @DurWinning. I wanted to be a GT driver, but you want Prototype cars. When you wake up and read the thread again, you can decide.

Well, if we are supposed to have separate TKUs for each class, and are not allowed to create a crossover between classes, then we have to decide which class should we represent, @DurWinning. I wanted to be a GT driver, but you want Prototype cars. When you wake up and read the thread again, you can decide.
To be fair, I'm already driving a GT-ish car in Rally's series (Porsche this season, BMW next season). I want to drive prototypes to diverse myself even more.

Would you mine switching to prototype vehicles?

To be fair, I'm already driving a GT-ish car in Rally's series (Porsche this season, BMW next season). I want to drive prototypes to diverse myself even more.

Would you mine switching to prototype vehicles?

Well, I wouldn't mind, what car are you using on that category?

If there's a problem with the amount of cars in the P class, just consider my 2nd choice as my first choice. Suits the name of the team a lot better as well :)

Actually reconsidering my number choice now, would you mind if I changed it to what I use in just about anything else?

If there's a problem with the amount of cars in the P class, just consider my 2nd choice as my first choice. Suits the name of the team a lot better as well :)

Actually reconsidering my number choice now, would you mind if I changed it to what I use in just about anything else?

You can switch to #95 no prob.

I was considering switching to Saleen to give America some more representation versus the Italian onslaught in P, ;) so if you want to switch to Ferrari that's cool as well. 👍

What is "TKU"?
Team Kate Upton - just the mega-team that apparently is taking over the world. :lol:

Back