[RACE][B-Spec] 2015-S1 Captain Morgan GTR2 World Endurance Championship

• Thread starter raven214
  • 303 comments

Would it be acceptable to do race writeups rather than videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A tough call, if one has to sacrifice his Proto role for you to manage the team, I can be that guy. After all, my initial plan was to be a GT driver, so...

Worst comes to worst, I could ask @Doodle to be my other Proto driver.

Up to you guys and @Jahgee1124 to decide. Sorry but we need some GT. I'll go back to GT if I have to to help with numbers, but I like the RP aspect of the 2 team "fight" in prototype.

In terms of what I'd like to do in this series, here's how I feel
  1. Prototype Driver (With RP)
  2. Team Manager (RP Only)
  3. GT Driver

In terms of what I'd like to do in this series, here's how I feel
  1. Prototype Driver (With RP)
  2. Team Manager (RP Only)
  3. GT Driver
Ok let me think.

You and I in prototypes
Niku can get back to GT (which I think he wanted anyway)

Question is, do we:
A: Hire one more teammate for Niku
B: Force him to duke it out by himself

Ok let me think.

You and I in prototypes
Niku can get back to GT (which I think he wanted anyway)

Question is, do we:
A: Hire one more teammate for Niku
B: Force him to duke it out by himself

Well, if no one can join me for the GT class, I might as well work as a sole TKU representant, a bit of a rookie member. Something which I am anyways, so there's that. :lol:

Well, if no one can join me for the GT class, I might as well work as a sole TKU representant, a bit of a rookie member. Something which I am anyways, so there's that. :lol:

Assuming you're cool with this, and if so thank you for being willing, what was you GT pick - Ferrari?

Assuming you're cool with this, and if so thank you for being willing, what was you GT pick - Ferrari?

Indeed, Ferrari was my original GT pick, you are right. And if everything else fails, yes I am cool with going back to Modena, haha.

Oh wait, Maserati and Ferrari share the same base in Modena. Oops! :lol:

I intend to get all template/viewer files uploaded this weekend. If I can get 3 more GT entrants then I'll run it like that with no heat/class qualifying.

I recognize the parallels with rally's GT series, and I have been trying to focus on what sets my series apart since he announced his season 2 - namely, multiclass, long distance endurance racing.

If I can't get anymore interest in GT, I would consider moving everyone to P and have GT cars driven by "filler" drivers - this way we can focus on P, but in the races we still have to deal with multiclass battles. For now, we'll see how the sign ups go.

P
#2 @tbwhhs - Saleen - Independent
#13 @Harsk100 - Saleen - Harsk World Motorsports
#20 @DurWinning - Maserati - Team Kate Upton
#24 @Jahgee1124 - Maserati - Team Kate Upton
#31 @DCybertron - Maserati - Unsure
#51 @AJHG1000 - Maserati - Independent
#95 @rallymorten - Saleen - Raven Motorsport
#97 @raven214 - Saleen - Raven Motorsport, owner

GT
#38 @Gerarghini - Ferrari - Unsure/Independent
#76 @Niku Driver HC - Ferrari - Team Kate Upton
#79 @BKGlover - Porsche - Indie

I intend to get all template/viewer files uploaded this weekend. If I can get 3 more GT entrants then I'll run it like that with no heat/class qualifying.

I recognize the parallels with rally's GT series, and I have been trying to focus on what sets my series apart since he announced his season 2 - namely, multiclass, long distance endurance racing.

If I can't get anymore interest in GT, I would consider moving everyone to P and have GT cars driven by "filler" drivers - this way we can focus on P, but in the races we still have to deal with multiclass battles. For now, we'll see how the sign ups go.

P
#2 @tbwhhs - Saleen - Independent
#13 @Harsk100 - Saleen - Harsk World Motorsports
#20 @DurWinning - Maserati - Team Kate Upton
#24 @Jahgee1124 - Maserati - Team Kate Upton
#31 @DCybertron - Maserati - Unsure
#51 @AJHG1000 - Maserati - Independent
#95 @rallymorten - Saleen - Raven Motorsport
#97 @raven214 - Saleen - Raven Motorsport, owner

GT
#38 @Gerarghini - Ferrari - Unsure/Independent
#76 @Niku Driver HC - Ferrari - Team Kate Upton
#79 @BKGlover - Porsche - Indie
Maybe instead of GT you could go even slower with things like Toyota 86's?

Maybe instead of GT you could go even slower with things like Toyota 86's?

I don't want to mess with the car lineup, because these are probably the most balanced cars in the game. There's enough of a speed difference between the classes so it's noticeable, but not so much that the cars eat each other up.

In a perfect world, I think I've found a really good combination using the stock game. Of course, we will need to see a whole season play out to confirm that. In the interest of making my series as unique as possible, I am willing to just focus on the prototypes as I mentioned above, but the GT's still need to have a presence even if only a small number with fill in drivers.

If I can't get anymore interest in GT, I would consider moving everyone to P and have GT cars driven by "filler" drivers -
OK, this line confuses me. Fairly certain I'm overqualified as field filler material, and I'm already in GT, sooo...mission accomplished?

If this is how it will be...

Then maybe we can use this as one of the fillers? :P

Jokes aside, if no one else joins, we may as well use A.I. controlled bots for remaining grid spots, with some stupid name or another.

You know, things like:

• Ein Stein (and his E=MC2 car)
  • Kate Upton (sponsored by her beautiful pictures:lol:)
  • Shaw YouKen (And his Hadouken livery)
Ergo, silly stuff like this. :lol:

Those could work too, haha.

Also, can I make a request directed for you, boss? As you know, liveries are not my forte (yet), so I need some help with mine for this series. Think you're up for the task?
I've never quite gotten the hang of these templates (NR2003 ones are way easier in my opinion), but I can give it a shot :lol:

OK, this line confuses me. Fairly certain I'm overqualified as field filler material, and I'm already in GT, sooo...mission accomplished?

The idea is everyone would go to P - yourself included ;). I would add in a few GT cars piloted by "bots" to fill out a multiclass field. That's what I meant by fillers.

This way everyone just battles in P but the multiclass aspect is preserved (at least partially). This also allows for a larger P class and doesn't leave just 3 drivers in GT.

I've never quite gotten the hang of these templates (NR2003 ones are way easier in my opinion), but I can give it a shot :lol:

Well, I'm still thinking up something, but I always have this inner fear that it may be too much to ask. :lol: I do have an idea, but that depends on your skills as a painter or not.

The idea is everyone would go to P - yourself included ;). I would add in a few GT cars piloted by "bots" to fill out a multiclass field. That's what I meant by fillers.

This way everyone just battles in P but the multiclass aspect is preserved (at least partially). This also allows for a larger P class and doesn't leave just 3 drivers in GT.

That's more or less what I was thinking of, add in a few bots, to fill up the grid until (and if) we get more entries.

And "bots" of GT cars will not be eligible for the points of the championship?

• Ben Dover
  • Hugh Janus
  • Pete O'File

Umm, no. Thankfully, I would be in control of bot names. :lol: They would be real world drivers, probably from the Tudor United SportsCar Championship.

And "bots" of GT cars will not be eligible for the points of the championship?

The bots would be all GT and would make up the entire class. I would probably track points just for fun but it wouldn't affect the "human" drivers in any way.

Well, I'm still thinking up something, but I always have this inner fear that it may be too much to ask. :lol: I do have an idea, but that depends on your skills as a painter or not.

That's more or less what I was thinking of, add in a few bots, to fill up the grid until (and if) we get more entries.
I'll try anything, but I can't guarantee that it will be good :lol:

• Ben Dover
  • Hugh Janus
  • Pete O'File

Please tell me they'd be sharing the #69

Umm, no. Thankfully, I would be in control of bot names. :lol: They would be real world drivers, probably from the Tudor United SportsCar Championship.

Better idea: pro- and antagonists from other video games and movies. Just imagine Tommy Vercetti battling Darth Vader for victory on the final lap.

I just found this for some reason

The GT class needs 3 drivers for things to go as planned. :cheers:

Better idea: pro- and antagonists from other video games and movies. Just imagine Tommy Vercetti battling Darth Vader for victory on the final lap.
:lol:
I'm going for a realistic feel here. Though it would be an interesting call... "Darth Vader dives to the inside going into turn 2! Indiana Jones is not giving in! It's a drag race down the straight!"

Back