Race bred machine, race cars in general and your favorite racing cars

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 187 comments
Won't give the car its full title, but the 2017 Mercedes W08 looks the business, especially since receiving the Barcelona upgrade (even if the T-wing does sticks out like a sore thumb.)

season2017_race12_wallpapers_07.jpg

:bowdown:

Last edited:
Ken Smiths Lola T332 F5000 car
Ken-Smith-Lola-T332-2016.jpg
1423758074448.jpg

He is 75 and a couple of years back managed to set the lap record at Manfeild Circuit Chris Amon for the F5000

The '95 Courage C41, driven by Pescarolo himself. One of the first cars to get me into the Sports car rabbit hole! :D
6818543728_783e7f28e2_b.jpg

big-44406629aa.jpg

LM%201995%20COURAGE%20C41%20n11%20.JPG

90CorvetteDPWatkinsGlen03.jpg

Triggering elitists everywhere with a big ol V8 and a wang

Me being passive aggressive asides like always, car looks fantastic. C7 DP from 2016, ran by WTR, Action Express and Spirit of Daytona. Won that year with AXR.

90CorvetteDPWatkinsGlen03.jpg

Triggering elitists everywhere with a big ol V8 and a wang

Me being passive aggressive asides like always, car looks fantastic. C7 DP from 2016, ran by WTR, Action Express and Spirit of Daytona. Won that year with AXR.
The Corvette DP was amazing, shame nobody else took GM's route of the DP with this, because imagine if DP survived as a second class. :drool:

Some nostalgia for your faces: GT-R GT1.
View attachment 683855 View attachment 683856
Best GT-R ever, massive V8 in the front. :D

A car that i just found out about=2001 Champion Racing Lola-Porsche B2K/10 @ Daytona 24 Hours

Driven by: Dorsey Schroeder (USA)
Bob Wollek (F)
Hurley Haywood (USA)
Sascha Maassen (D)
listed, never drove: Dirk Müller (D)
2a-02C-7-101.jpg

Porsche-Lola-Race-Car-Front-Quarter.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-04-11-at-8.18.12-AM.jpg

grandam-grand-am-finale-2001-the-champion-racing-porsche-lola-takes-a-turn-at-daytona-inte.jpg

chmprainbank.JPG

A car that i just found out about=2001 Champion Racing Lola-Porsche B2K/10 @ Daytona 24 Hours
I always thought it looked dorky with that nose, but compared to some of the more recent prototypes it's a real looker.

lms-spa-pesca-combes.jpg

Pescarolo C60 Hybrid Judd. 2nd in Le Mans 2005, but qualified 1st and 2nd.

TN_Silverstone-1999-05-09-025.jpg

Lister Storm 1999 FIA GT model , it's highest finish was 2nd place. The car was Jaguar V12 engined which is also pretty cool.

Last edited:
Abit of a sucker for the Lola T70 Mk IIIB:

While not the championship contender like one of its contemporaries (before Bill went moonlighting with some old guy and his Mercedes), I love the Doran JE-4. My personal favorite being the one combined with the TRD 3UZ-FE V8:

McLaren MP4-31. I know it was pitifully slow, not always reliable and whatever overused Honda meme you want to throw out for the millionth time but name me another modern F1 car from 2016 that sounded anywhere near as distinct as this:

Even if 2016 was the first year of you watching F1, eventually you knew when this was coming purely on sound.

And of course, the Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV. While there are some great sounding V12s, few sounded as loud and scream as much as this did:

Last edited:
Euro V8 or Superstars or whatever it was called was fun wasn't it?

maxresdefault.jpg
I saw your racing Panamera, and may I raise you a racing Rapide.

Aston_Martin_Rapide_Nürburgring_24_Hours_-_Flickr_-_andrewbasterfield.jpg

This car is an factory effort by AM to enter the 2010 Nurburgring 24 Hours, and its near production spec and brilliant shade of blue are just some of the reasons why I love this car so much. I forgot what its finishing position was, but a quick search suggested it finished 2nd in class (SP8), losing only to the Gazoo Racing LFA.

Here we go, in no particular order, my favourite race cars of all time.

The Sauber Mercedes Benz C9 - Won Le Mans in 1989 driven by Jochen Mass, Manuel Reuter and Stanley Dickens, hit 400 km/h on the ligne droite des hunaudières during qualifying. What a machine!

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-1989-63-team-sauber-mercedes-sauber-mercedes-c9-jochen-mass-man.jpg

The Mercedes Benz W196. Won 9 out of 12 races in entered, most notably driven by Juan Manuel Fangio and Stirling Moss.

Fangio-Mercedes-W196.jpg

The Lotus 49. Not much needs to be said about this thing. It was powered by a V8 Cosworth engine, won it's debut race, secured 2 driver's championships (Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt). Other drivers? Jim Clark, Mario Andretti, Jo Siffert & Emerson Fittipaldi.

1224-automania-pic-4-768x503.jpg

Porsche 917K. That V12 noise, those looks, the iconic Gulf Livery. The whole 9 yatds.

5840148-22706318-thumbnail.jpg

The Audi S1 Quattro. Revolutionary, fast, noisy. An absolute monster of the Group B era, the S1 Quattro still gives me chills.

1985_Audi_SportQuattroS14.jpg

Then there's this monster...

lancia-delta-s-ex-works-gr-b-parts-ricambi.jpeg

That's enough for now, I'll need more time to pull out more images and details, so I'll do it in a new post later :)

Last edited:
Back