[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
Well, one thing's for sure, those Michelin guys better work fast to keep up with the demand :lol:

More details on weather changeability, tyre wear etc. coming over the next few days 👍

Is it possible to get a preview on this?

:D
Porsche Build 1.png

Glad I got bored and read the OP. The GTR2 tag made me think it would be live multiplayer.

Everyone ELSE? Yeah, probably hoping I wouldn't find out. Regardless, I want in on this....

Car #79
Dunlop Tires
I will paint my own car.....once I get an open window for downloads.

so.. who's gonna come with a gulf livery next? :P

i was wondering exactly, how these previews would work, with Rfactor it was enough to preview the car yourself using the Vehicle viewer, is there something similar available for this?

Entered 👍

#6, Yokohama, and will be Team Hot Wheeling my own ride as per usual :P

Also, due to the problems with the GTPFS, I have temporarily put those paint schemes on hold for the most part. If anyone wants me to make them a scheme (limit of 3 per time, thank you very much) then please PM me.

Last edited:
i was wondering exactly, how these previews would work, with Rfactor it was enough to preview the car yourself using the Vehicle viewer, is there something similar available for this?

I was thinking the exact same thing some time ago, and although all the necessary files do exist on the interwebs, it works off of a different, let's call it arrangement of objects. The car basically exists in two different version. Simply put, the carviewer is told (through CAR.X files) where the front bumper, sides, roof etc. is. The .X file I have found for the Porsche isn't compatible with this template.

Signed up as #13, but it will be hard for me to think of a Sponsor... I feel I've used Taco Bell too much and @AJHG1000 already took my idea of a Martini Porsche...

Yo @rallymorten for how long will sign ups be for or is it open until a certain number of people join?

Well, for now it's open until we run out of GTP members, though I should be putting a limit at some 30-something cars. I mean, I do have to take every single one to qualifying :lol:

@rallymorten how do you want these schemes sent to you? Same as what Earth and Nas have been doing?

That would be kind of necessary, yes. :)

That would be kind of necessary, yes. :)

You know what I meant. Regardless, I will say this template has thrown me off a bit, the contours of the side panels tying into the roof are new for me, BUT......'tis done. At least I hope it is, not been on the ball today so....yeah.

Porsche GT3 #79.png

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why part of the side is actually linked to the roof..

I'll have some previews up soon 👍

Best I can reason is that it keeps the proportions better or you see that bit more from above. I do hope it doesn't look like complete trash.

Maybe, maybe not. Still doesn't make that much sense from the average skinner's POV.

Edit: skin previews for @BKGlover and @DCybertron:

DCybertron:
DC1.jpg DC2.jpg DC3.jpg

BKGlover (is it pronounced BK-Glover or BKG-lover?(:
BKG1.jpg BKG2.jpg BKG3.jpg

There's also a new teaser in the works. It features in-car footage (will not be possible in season due to the restrictions of this game. It can't do everything :P ), a crash involving damaging 4 cars, a solo spin and some overtaking 👍

Last edited:
hsv
I'm very happy with 3rd indeed. :P

3rd isn't bad at all. Can't remember where you started (will check asap if you want), but 3rd is a spot on the podium :)

I'm also planning on doing a full race with video as I intend the actual reviews to be during the weekend, so if anyone has any liveries or suggestions for the track used, let me know 👍

@Frizbe and @Turbo_snail

You guys have both said you won't be able to work on your own livery.

Could you give those that may have time for it (I might) an idea of what you want the car to look like?

Back