[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
I told you to change the Rear Brake Settings, and look at what happens! :lol:

At least the FEISAR Porsche got a lot of air time.... right?

(I still can't believe you caused that much of a screw up Rally)

[MLG]xX_1337hax0rskillz_Xx

So after being affected by the tire glitch at the start of the season, I somehow finished 4th in the standings with 2 podiums and consistent Top 10's. Also I started 27th and finished 4th at Spa:P

Spin
Fire
Crash
DNPQ
Rinse and repeat

what happens

Great banter happens.

The start, and inevitable crash I'm involved in against my will:
http://v013o.popscreen.com/eHQ0OHNuMTI=_o_the-nostalgia-critic-top-11-nostalgia-critic-****-ups-.jpg
The AI in the entire race:
nostalgia-critic-headpound-o.gif

Race ending:
nostalgia-critic-what-o.gif

The season by and large on my teams part:

Thank you for running this @rallymorten, I just hope somehow the BS AI can be ironed out...preferably with one of these:
fnd_Cast-Iron-Skillet_s4x3_lg.jpg

The start, and inevitable crash I'm involved in against my will:
eHQ0OHNuMTI=_o_the-nostalgia-critic-top-11-nostalgia-critic-****-ups-.jpg

The AI in the entire race:
nostalgia-critic-headpound-o.gif

Race ending:
nostalgia-critic-what-o.gif

The season by and large on my teams part:

Thank you for running this @rallymorten, I just hope somehow the BS AI can be ironed out...preferably with one of these:
fnd_Cast-Iron-Skillet_s4x3_lg.jpg

At least you won something more than the battle for not-last :)

Seriously, while I don't really have an explanation for this, the working theory is that the AI was never really given a proper "race mode" adjusted sensibly in some respects. I did next to nothing more than cranking up their speed, aggression and chance of making a mistake. If you're thinking of the last-lap-pit situations, that's because the game prioritizes distance over time. The AI can't take all the blame for that.

After a wild start, my season went firmly middle of the road before heating up at the end. Wish I could've gotten more of course, but I'm happy with 5th place in the race and the championship.

Considering how my season went I'll take 6th. To be honest I was expecting that my car wouldn't make it through turn 1.

Gonna be releasing all of the cars as a mod sometime during these coming few days. May put an easter egg of some sorts in there somewhere. The "Tech Specs" page will also be slightly bigger on these than the regular cars.

And hopefully @rallymorten won't hate me for the shameless plug, but I have a GT spot open in my endurance series:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gan-gtr2-world-endurance-championship.325790/

We're practically allies, so no. But I will repay the favor if I see reason to :sly:

Also, ze official RACE Porsche Cup mod is released and can be downloaded from here. It's nothing more than the cars, though, for reasons of complexity with the original idea of setting up an actual in-game championship with them.

To install it, simply overwrite your GTR2 folder with the GTR2 folder found in the zip linked to above.

I think you may want to read up on what I said about windscreens. Check the submission and file type bits while you're at it.

I'm actually not even sure why you posted it up here?

Last edited:
I think you may want to read up on what I said about windscreens. Check the submission and file type bits while you're at it.

I'm actually not even sure why you posted it up here?
I have posted in wrong thread... It was an accident. I also readed the rule that says that I have to save the windscreens template on .dds file.

Are you sure we're reading the same rules? On my end it says to only save in .dds if you're 100% certain there's nothing wrong with it.

Back