[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
@rallymorten It's so damned close, BUT another revision is done.

Also, that went better than expected.

Attachments

• Porsche GT3 Jahgee's #24.png
    Porsche GT3 Jahgee's #24.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 17

Also, moar info on the S2 cars:

Porsche.jpg

Manufacturer: Porsche
Model: 911 (996) GT3-RS
Engine: 3,6 liter flat-6
Top speed: 277 km/h
0-100 km/h: 4,2 seconds
Power: 450 hp (8250 RPM)
Torque: 420 NM (7000 RPM)
Weight: 1100 kg
Fuel usage: ~2,5 km/l
Description: Updated version of the Porsche Cup racer, with a template you can use with the carviewer tool. Not the fastest, not the most powerful, but a solid allrounder and a good, safe bet.
Ferrari.jpg

Manufacturer: Ferrari
Model: 360 Modena
Engine: 3.6 liter V8
Top speed: 286 km/h
Power: 440 hp (8400 RPM)
Torque: 400 NM (6500 RPM)
Weight: 1100 kg
Fuel usage: ~2,5 km/l
Description: What is a GT class series without a Ferrari? Slightly less powerful than the Porsche, but very fuel efficient and with the highest top speed of the pack.
BMW.jpg

Manufacturer: BMW
Model: M3 GTR (E46)
Engine: 4,0 liter V8
Top speed: 272 km/h
Power: 500 hp (7800 RPM)
Torque: 499 NM (6500 RPM)
Weight: 1170 kg
Fuel usage: ~2,15 km/l
Description: I guess BMW figured "bigger is better". The biggest engine of them all also come with the most power, the most torque, the most weight and the most fuel consumption.
Be aware that top speed, acceleration and fuel consumption tests were done at the Nardo test track with normal fuel consumption (for Porsche Cup, it's been sped up to x5), so it may not correctly reflect their actual performance. That, and the more fuel usage is sped up, the less the gap in that area.

Last edited:
@rallymorten I would like to use my alternate paint scheme (white and red with ALSA sponsorship) for the last 3 races starting with Sonoma. Do you still have it handy or did you want me to repost it?

Time for another trip to Google Images....

eab5afc4bfb52ccd3656aa60daadafe63fc4b65147a15766b4d43ba96c89f20f.jpg

As for S2, as long as the template isn't as much of a pain to deal with, I'm good.

......Oh wait, almost forgot. Jahgee Rainbow (now obsolete IIRC), FINALLY FINISHED!!!!
Round 8 I still use it, thanks for putting so much effort into something not even for yourself

Are the templates for S2 easier to work with?
Bigger issue for me, are all the bits 1:1?

EDIT: going over the S2 sign-up. Firstly, I assume that you will filter some of the more....imaginative names that may pop up, but I thought of a dandy one myself. I'll re-submit later, but I feel like having some fun with it.

S2 rename "RACE GT3 Series presented by GTR2"

Last edited:
Hey I gotta ask: anyone else running a BMW for Season 2?

I am using the BMW as well next season. As for the templates, the three cars all came with GTR2, so they are all really easy to work with, alignment shouldn't be as hard as they were for the Porsche. :lol:

I'm running with Ferrari for S2, this time.

I recommend some cars for S2:

Lister Storm V12
Saleen S7-R
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Lamborghini Diablo GT
Porsche 911 GT2
Marcos LM600

I'm running with Ferrari for S2, this time.

I recommend some cars for S2:

Lister Storm V12
Saleen S7-R
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Lamborghini Diablo GT
Porsche 911 GT2
Marcos LM600
Woah.. hold it, man

We do not have that many people.

I know that most of those cars exist in GTR2. Problem is that only one of them would actually meet my demands. And even then it'd be in a completely different class.
Are you able to edit the specs of the cars, or does the game not allow you to do that?

Are you able to edit the specs of the cars, or does the game not allow you to do that?

I am sort-of-ish. When I say that, I want you to read it like I've been able to put a Viper V10 in a BMW Z3 only for everything else on the car to go kabloomey.

Yes. I meant potatoe chips...

hueheeeuhuehe

*ded*

#Harskbola
:grumpy: 👎

I know that most of those cars exist in GTR2. Problem is that only one of them would actually meet my demands. And even then it'd be in a completely different class.
Rally, are you going to make S2 as N-GT Class Championship, right? I see that BMW, Porsche and Ferrari 360 are from N-GT Championship.

I predict there'll be at least one car sponsored by potato chips fried in France next season.

Rally, are you going to make S2 as N-GT Class Championship, right? I see that BMW, Porsche and Ferrari 360 are from N-GT Championship.

Yes and no. Not all NGT cars are used.

Back