[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
Q2 results:

View attachment 321368

Don't ask me when the race will be done, still not quite on top of this.

166804.png

Tennis_gif_EXPLOSIONS.gif

Congrats @Harsk100 great run! I guess I was right it pretty much only could get better for me after quals. Still, not sure if I was really running at P2 pace or just got lucky on pit strategy... :cheers:

@Harsk100 what knid of voodoo magic are you using? Three wins here, two in the GTPFS....le 🤬?

And of course nothing happens to my guy but he still proceeds to 🤬 it up in the end. 🤬🤬🤬!

Another victory? YAY!!! It's all about luck, not effort. Now I hope that I can win the championship. I just need to win another round to get the title.

I'm pretty sure @rallymorten is too busy constantly driving on Mid-Field to notice that we're still here. :lol:

Still need that partner in crime for Spa?

Procrastination is more like it :lol:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not entire sure yet, nor do I really know how we'd do it. We *could* do it live, but that'd mean a permanent yellow somewhere (because I can't just put my safety car in the pits and view the TV cameras, for reasons), we could do it "live" as in we're watching it on replay, or I could throw the usual video together and then do it that way.

Procrastination is more like it :lol:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not entire sure yet, nor do I really know how we'd do it. We *could* do it live, but that'd mean a permanent yellow somewhere (because I can't just put my safety car in the pits and view the TV cameras, for reasons), we could do it "live" as in we're watching it on replay, or I could throw the usual video together and then do it that way.

Doing it live? Who are we, Bill O'Reilly? :lol:

It would probably end up watching a the completed race footage after it was edited together and doign something relatable to a skype call and praying to various gods that it syncs nicely. Yeah the forever a Local Yellow problem is quite annoying especially as you can't pause and do a instant replay after you retire the camera car.

If there ever was one feature in the NASCAR Racing games I'm jealous of, it's the ability to completely retire your own car and still be able to see the race happening.

I guess we can give it a try when it's done. We'll probably need to make you a spotter guide, there's a few new liveries to be familiar with :)

If I remember reading correctly, when SPEED did F1 broadcasts, they weren't actually live. Supposedly they were commentating either on the recorded event or on a video feed, definitely not at the track.

If I remember reading correctly, when SPEED did F1 broadcasts, they weren't actually live. Supposedly they were commentating either on the recorded event or on a video feed, definitely not at the track.

They were actually live, just the broadcasting crew was not on location (exactly like how NBCSN is doing) and they were looking at the world feed. The only time they were on location was for Monaco and the USGP (also exactly what NBCSN is doing).

Slightly delayed for various reasons, but better late than never.

After the usual 2x10 minutes we know from Q2, this is what it looked like:

Qualifying results.JPG

MY AI IS BEING NON-USELESS

WAT IS DIS GLITCH IN TEH MATREX

Other notables:

There were quite a few spins in both sessions.. this might be the most interesting round yet!

Championship predictions:

Well, based purely on the qualifying results, Tired iron's pretty much got it in the back. But let's just take a moment to remember that we're talking about the AI of the Porsche Cup. The very same AI that'll probably mean my car will face an end involving Eau Rouge and a tyre barrier. Bearing that in mind, hsv stands a small chance if he can avoid trouble and get the pit strategy right. Turbo_snail, DurWinning and especially Harsk100 will have to make a miracle happen if they want to win the title.

@CodDemon101
@raven214
@watertank
@Gerarghini
@tbwhhs
@Skython
@rcb929
@DCybertron
@samurai8juice
@goofytyler
@DurWinning
@BayneHamlin1121
@Jahgee1124
@Lasse Larsen
@RACECAR
@PatrisS136
@Crashbroke23
@Ninners
@swiftsmith
@AJHG1000
@Tired iron
@Earth
@BKGlover
@nascarfan1400
@Frizbe
@quietgirl
@rallymorten
@Harsk100
@Turbo_snail
@hsv

Last edited:
For spa because there is so much room, its the only race where the Elimination style qualifying isn't needed and thus no one goes home this time.

This.

This track can hold all primary, secondary, France memorial and Spa special liveries on track at once and still have room for your everyday WEC field on top of that.

And you are looking to go this route for the GT Cup, right?

That's the plan for the foreseeable future (S2), yes. What happens after that, only time will tell. Maybe more GT class, maybe more one-make, maybe something else. Plenty of options.

Edit (just so that I don't upset anyone with double-posting):

The Spa race is 50% done (running it in school breaks), and boy has there been drama.

First of all, there's been chaos in the pit entry at least twice and five retired drivers, one of which is due to a roll at the chicane. The roll and the chaos prompted a full course yellow on the second lap, which lasted all the way to the 15 minute mark due to cleanups and more chaos. Half a minute after the race restarted, we had at least three cars involved in parallel parking at Eau Rouge. Another full course yellow is currently underway and is looking to be running while the pit stops are being handled.

Last edited:
Back