[RACE] International Touring Car Championship - #5 - Close this vthreadOpen 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,843 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you feel. Lets hope by the time itcc5 starts they have sorted things out :rolleyes:
It's nothing against Andrew or anyone here just I'm too damn frustrated wasting so much time trying to figure out how to connect 8 people. If we had 16 people a race, I'd be much more lenient on it as the racing would be great. There's still good racing with 8 just it's not worth waiting an additional hour just to have the race. Even then, it looks like I just completed a power hour with all the lag during the race

Update: testing is well underway. The car list is coming together somewhat well.

As a starting point, surprisingly, all of the cars are already within a second of lap times, but the outliers are separated by as many as 20 km/h on some straightaways. The list is obviously still under construction.

So, good news and weird news.

Update: testing is well underway. The car list is coming together somewhat well.

As a starting point, surprisingly, all of the cars are already within a second of lap times, but the outliers are separated by as many as 20 km/h on some straightaways. The list is obviously still under construction.

As a quick way to get around the straight line advantage of some cars, could you make them run with full downforce ?

Here's a hint: use the same drivetrain for every car. That'll make it waay easier

Here's a hint: use the same drivetrain for every car. That'll make it waay easier
90% FF/10% FR

As a quick way to get around the straight line advantage of some cars, could you make them run with full downforce ?
Unverifiable, so no. However, there are other ways to balance them.

Car list update: :sly:

Ford Focus ST '13
BMW 120i
Honda Civic Type R '08
Mitsubishi
Alfa Romeo
Hyundai (?!)

I'm teasing... ;)

:lol: people signing up already? :D

Asides from the obvious interest (I'm happy to see it) we're still in the draft stages. Car choices can't be accepted yet, since we haven't even announced the remaining 6 or 7 cars.

Bide your time, the car choice will come soon! I'm considering moving ITCC 5 up a bit, from late summer to mid-summer. Perhaps mid-July. ;)

It'll be like when I tried to run a Fiat 500 and a Yaris in season 2. You won't be able to use the power limiter and you'll get killed by the cars that can.

Mel the abarth punto can reach 290 bhp
Pending my decision on @Turbo_snail's suggestion regarding power, this may be considered.
It'll be like when I tried to run a Fiat 500 and a Yaris in season 2. You won't be able to use the power limiter and you'll get killed by the cars that can.
Nope. This season is unlike any other, and thus.......... An announcement is coming soon!

I think so. Cars limited back down are stronger than those that aren't

Cars that use the limiter will ALWAYS produce more torque than those which don't. However this doesn't always mean they will be naturally faster (but yes I agree it usually does). It's Andrews job to spec the cars so that they are balanced correctly :)

hi guys, im interested in racing in this championship, any clue to what day it will be held?

Cars:

Ford Focus ST '13
BMW 120i
Honda Civic Type R '08
Mitsubishi
Alfa Romeo
Hyundai (?!)

90% of the cars will be FF, and 10% will be FR.
Mitsubishi Eclipse or FTO
Alfa Romeo GT or 147
Hyundai Genesis or Tiburon/Coupe/Tuscani

What do you think?

This is off of experience on this series and others both on gt5 and gt6. To put it in Alabama terms, "This ain't my first rodeo"
Well, no. You - along with everyone else - will have to wait for the official announcement before we (Team of Stewards - still accepting an application, by the way) make you aware of our (ToS) plan on how we're eliminating the power limiter. Oh, darn, a small slip. :sly:
Mitsubishi Eclipse or FTO
Alfa Romeo GT or 147
Hyundai Genesis or Tiburon/Coupe/Tuscani

What do you think?

👍 You guessed. Close. Maybe. Not saying anything.

Well, no. You - along with everyone else - will have to wait for the official announcement before we (Team of Stewards - still accepting an application, by the way) make you aware of our (ToS) plan on how we're eliminating the power limiter. Oh, darn, a small slip. :sly:

👍 You guessed. Close. Maybe. Not saying anything.
How do I become a part of the ToS?

ITCC 4 thread has a full explanation. Or, you can send me a PM saying Subject: "ToS Application" and then a period in the body.

Given the major success and great fun in 4, shall we hold a vote on weather or not to add Clubman/SSR5 to the schedule? @ITCC_Andrew, your opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back