[RACE] International Touring Car Championship - #5 - Close this vthreadOpen 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,843 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will races 2, 3, & 4 all be reverse grid in 5?

ToS haven't even begun to discuss gridding systems, but I doubt all will be. I think Races 1 & 2 will be determined by championship position, and 3 and 4 by qualifying... But I haven't decided, nor has ToS discussed any better systems.

The issue with qually is it's really Derpy.

So is your avatar, I don't see anyone jumping the gun and being impatient before people announce the finalized system.

-----------------------------------------

In other words, we're discussing it, and there's no reason to jump the gun and go about saying "that's so terrible, that's a terrible system and you're wrong to do it that way." as you are, essentially.

I never said that. I gave a suggestion and claimed that you should look into qualifying due to the fact people DC upon it's start.

It wasn't an insult... Nor an attack.

And yes, Derpy is quite Derpy, isn't she? :)

Then you could explain that you meant because of D/Cs. Saying something is "derp" could be misconceived, you understand, right?

Derp typically means not working properly. Not doing what is should.

Say you trip and stumble: Derp.
GT6 qualification: Derp.

Teammate, yet again.

@Ettick, dude, you can totally do it. You just need to settle in for a smoother race start. Oh, and sorry for the jerk-move pass at Apricot Hill, I did kinda leave you on the outside of T3... I needed to go, though.

Let it be, inter-team rivaleries are fun!

Ugh... I kinda need to make the announcements early, since certain people can't keep things quiet until the announcement dates.

ITCC 5 announcement #1:
Alfa Romeo has signed on as a manufacturer in ITCC 5. The car they're offering is the Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V. The car is an excellent car to drive, and closely matches what ToS deems appropriate for ITCC 5. The speed and handling are on par with the other cars - including the ones we haven't announced yet.

Another thing to notice, is that ITCC 5 will have success ballast. The announcement is coming since ToS has supported the idea, and this is merely confirmation of what you can already find in the first/original post of this thread. The system is under development, but the maximum will be 50 kg., meaning that all cars must weigh no less that 1050 kg. before ballast.

The final thing to mention is that the ToS will be announcing weekly reveals of new cars. Stay tuned, we have lots of cars planned for testing, and we're just getting started.

'All cars must weigh no less than 1050kg' but yesterday when i told you the mito's weight you said that aint gonna work :confused: mel are you confusing me on purpose :irked: , dont make me mad mel, i will take it out on you on track otherwise :mischievous: i will.

What he is trying to say @buck1 is you can get your car weight down to 1050, but then ballast up to 1200, leaving 50kg for success ballast.

👍

We have a provisional list of 10-15 cars. That's all I can say

👍

Thanks for making me more interested... :lol:

Scirocco is a "no." Have you even tested it before asking? If you have, you already know that it's 2-3 seconds faster per lap. I would feel pretty bad about asking people to go 200 hp short of the other cars.

Can you tell me what cars are on the list, please?

Yes I can! It's a weekly thing, we're verifying things, and testing car-by-car, and as soon as we're certain that a car matches our ideal parameters, we're announcing it. Haste is unnecessary, since this season will start in the summer time... In our haste we could make mistakes which could cause problems later on. If we solve the problems with the car specs now, preseason can be short and sweet (just enough to acquaint people with success ballast etc.), and the full season will be rock-solid and full of closely matched cars for closely matched racing.

Scirocco is a "no." Have you even tested it before asking? If you have, you already know that it's 2-3 seconds faster per lap. I would feel pretty bad about asking people to go 200 hp short of the other cars.
That's why I asked. ;) :lol:

Teaser for Week #2 cars:

The only hints you get are the pictures. Guess if you want..

13678589305_040d3fbd99.jpg

13678635213_ccbc6ccf72.jpg

And Week 1 announcement photos:

13678941284_90138d2346.jpg

13678941684_45acda36c5.jpg

13678942484_1d3e945a3d.jpg

13678637093_b1ac107c8a.jpg

13678944644_90ac349f5b.jpg

13678943664_428dfde739.jpg

13678637763_0b3253f062.jpg

More sizes available:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/northern_smile/with/13678637763

Flipped car: Hyandai?
Carbon: Ford Focus?

Alfa: That's an ugly rear end lol

No, no.

Alfa: I love its looks. If it hadn't been so good looking, I don't think I would've tested it... Then, after testing it, I was like "Oh, we have to make this work." And at the base spec, it was a close match to the other cars - it was in. This week's car is *the* benchmark car for all other cars.

Thanks. Do the photos of the carbon fiber roof with many scratches and the underside of the car tell you which sort of car it is? Or, for that matter, which track? ;)

@ITCC_Andrew Waht does late summer mean :D

I´m really interested, as always except ITCC 4 :D
On the Suzuka pic I´m the one in the yellow Ibiza xDD And me remembers the race pretty well, was one of the best IIRC.

And due to the update: Costomizable Wings will be tested and legal (if not remarkably faster on certain cars ;)) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back