[RACE]ITC-B - We want beginners!! Racing numbers! close racing guaranteed!Open 

Time slot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Monza 80's, massive improvement over the modern one. It has way more flow to it (probably not best for these cars since you probably don't have to brake much). :lol:
You brake from 5th gear to 4th gear.... it's excellent because it provides for drafting. Even with the real slipstream strength, you can still make up a few tenths (4 or 5), which means that more emphasis is placed on running consistently than outright quickly.... It leads to the "draft-and-Chase" racing B spec is known for. This, as a direct result, can improve drivers, and their ability to make smart passes in order to stay in range of the other cars.

@nascarfan1400 and I figured that out today, while chasing Audi man. We were battling with each other without losing the leaders.

@ranhammerR34, welcome!

You brake from 5th gear to 4th gear.... it's excellent because it provides for drafting. Even with the real slipstream strength, you can still make up a few tenths (4 or 5), which means that more emphasis is placed on running consistently than outright quickly.... It leads to the "draft-and-Chase" racing B spec is known for. This, as a direct result, can improve drivers, and their ability to make smart passes in order to stay in range of the other cars.

@nascarfan1400 and I figured that out today, while chasing Audi man. We were battling with each other without losing the leaders.

@ranhammerR34, welcome!
Thanks for the bump drafting, I just could not get momentum going today... Lol

Thanks for the bump drafting, I just could not get momentum going today... Lol
I had a weird start, I also wanted the benefits of the bump drafting. I recall a 4 second gap between us and Ettick - one which disappeared and became like a half-second gap to Audi man. ;)

In the end, stuff like that happens naturally because these cars make the straightaways feel longer, and the corners shorter. :lol:

I :lol:'d when I realized that both Lesmo corners are flat-out though... :D

I had a weird start, I also wanted the benefits of the bump drafting. I recall a 4 second gap between us and Ettick - one which disappeared and became like a half-second gap to Audi man. ;)

In the end, stuff like that happens naturally because these cars make the straightaways feel longer, and the corners shorter. :lol:

I :lol:'d when I realized that both Lesmo corners are flat-out though... :D
Same :lol:

I was still figuring out the track in non-Lotus 97T's so I broke a tad too late...
You fricking divebombed me on turn one... Had I not moved you'd've crashed us both.

YOU CANT WIN THE RACE IN TURN ONE!! But you can easily lose it.

Doesn't bump drafting involve contact? Is that acceptable?
Contact without malicious intent is allowed in many RACE series.

For example: formula cars don't do bump drafting well. Touring cars, sure. I'd say it's just a thing of doing it correctly - brake before the braking zone, to ensure that you can show down before pushing the other guy into the corner, lift off of the throttle if the guy gets a little loose, start the bump draft with a small bump...

It's acceptable to use bump drafting if the other guy also approves of it. Ryan, nas, and I bump draft in ITCC's main series, too. It's just an extension of the "agreement..."

Contact without malicious intent is allowed in many RACE series.

For example: formula cars don't do bump drafting well. Touring cars, sure. I'd say it's just a thing of doing it correctly - brake before the braking zone, to ensure that you can show down before pushing the other guy into the corner, lift off of the throttle if the guy gets a little loose, start the bump draft with a small bump...

It's acceptable to use bump drafting if the other guy also approves of it. Ryan, nas, and I bump draft in ITCC's main series, too. It's just an extension of the "agreement..."
Indeed. I made someone very angry from bump drafting them without their consent a while back :embarrassed: :lol:

Bump drafting may only be performed between two or more consenting drivers. Don't push someone who doesn't want to be pushed.

Sorry for the awkward wording :lol: just be glad I didn't say "consenting adults"

Bump drafting may only be performed between two or more consenting drivers. Don't push someone who doesn't want to be pushed.

Sorry for the awkward wording :lol: just be glad I didn't say "consenting adults"
So with the adults consent I can stick it right in the rear? :sly:

I'd only ever bump draft with somebody I was confident that they knew what they were doing and more importantly that I was confident in their connection.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been bump drafting only for the person to lag smash me to an almost standstill. :lol:

Hey guys, I might be 15 minutes late. I'll do my best, but the headlight modification I was doing got sidetracked by my dad, who now insists my stereo is not functioning as intended, which I admit is my own fault.

Yes, I like dubstep.

Back