Race Modifications. Are they Welcomed again?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darin
  • 121 comments
  • 6,773 views
I can't really believe with the amount of racing modifications/aerokits/bodykits threads we have we couldn't have discerned everyone's stance from those...

👍 @ Functional kits
👎 @ Rice

If they make my car go faster then great. If they make it look nicer I'll stomach it. If they make my car look like it was designed by a retarded 5 year old monkee with a pencil stuck in his ass, then no.
 
Eagle
I can't really believe with the amount of racing modifications/aerokits/bodykits threads we have we couldn't have discerned everyone's stance from those...

👍 @ Functional kits
👎 @ Rice

If they make my car go faster then great. If they make it look nicer I'll stomach it. If they make my car look like it was designed by a retarded 5 year old monkee with a pencil stuck in his ass, then no.


I don't think the Race Modifications in GT1 and GT2 were ricey at all. Most were great. its just the paint jobs that blew them up.

But the LM race cars in GT3 were nice looking.
 
live4speed
Technically, a race modeled car is a new car.
Not exactly , they only have to create a new texture for the same object and since racing modifications are just visual changes , their developing softwares can do it easily. Remember in GT2 , there were even various racing mods for the same car and we were allowed to choose color and style of modification.
Anyway , racing mods will possibly be available for few cars only.
 
I'd say the racing mods on a car consume just as much disc space - the geometry data for the car should be unique each time really.
 
It would be a shame not to have me speak my mind, so here goes. I think racing modifications will make a return, if not a big one. I thought it was pointless in GT3 to just mod up a race car. And when you did that, you basically had a tuned car, not even a racing car. When modified for racing, the car will be lighter than its Stage 3 Lightweight. So if I wanted to modify a Toyota Supra to be a racer, I suggest maybe different types of mods. One level would just a rear spoiler, another would purely modify it to be a pure race car, and the biggest one would be the same as the last item, only with a carbonized body and increased rigidity to the body. And if you ask me, if you're not able to get a race mod for a car, at least able to carbonize the body to make it as light as possible, as well as providing a superior upgrade that enhances all performance aspects of a car (brakes, suspension, engine, weight, and such). I think a consideration to a racing modification would be the manufacturing of a brand-new, race-ready engine. In other words, you can take a Toyota Supra, mod it up to rule road courses, and instead of keeping the stock engine, you can get a performance-only engine that provides much more engine power to make it stand out from other racers.

I might make a future topic related to something like this, but for now, race modifications will be back, if not back in a big way. Yo, Darin! You got a Speed 12 in your avatar. Considering what I typed up, wouldn't you want to mod up that Speed 12 in much the same ways as I mentioned in my reply, dude?
 
.[/QUOTE=JohnBM01]I might make a future topic related to something like this, but for now, race modifications will be back, if not back in a big way.[/QUOTE]

Source ??? :sick: :sick: :sick: iS IT YOU WORK FOR POLYPHONY OR SOMETHING ?
 
My Morocco friend, it's called "speculation." I don't guarantee things. I don't work for PD. I don't know what's going to be in GT4. I'm no psychic. Calm down, Nizar.

I'm just speculating as usual.
 
Nizar1980

Not exactly , they only have to create a new texture for the same object and since racing modifications are just visual changes , their developing softwares can do it easily. Remember in GT2 , there were even various racing mods for the same car and we were allowed to choose color and style of modification.
Anyway , racing mods will possibly be available for few cars only.
Each different race body was a completely differnt polygon model, hence a new car, thats why race mod's wern't in GT3, because there wasn't enough time to add them in. Changing the colour is only a change of texture.
 
giz me back my race mods (and a fiat panda).
 
Alex.B
Solid Lifters
Yes, the racing mods are definitely back. This according to Kaz in an interview I read. But, there will not be many, and it will be limited to only proven and popular cars that were both street cars, and race cars. This news is very old.[/QUOTE

Ignor this.
Why should they "ignor" it? Or, were you just acting like a moron? If you have a good reason why they should ignore it, then state your reasons why.

Oh, and learn how to use the quote properly.
 
Actually thats not 100% accurate Solid, KY did say that, but the term he used was body kit's not race mods. While it's almost certain that he meant race mods as they are adding a body kit to your car he left that tiny 1% chance that it's not the race mods as they were in GT1 and GT2..
 
No, he did say both would be in the game. I still have the magazine. I can quote from it tomorrow, and provide the issue number, month and the page number where the quote can be found. They talked about "parts from well known vendors" and about "racing modifications, like in GT2." But, like I said before, I'll post what exactly what was said tomorrow.
 
Oh, well in that case thats news to me. Is there no way you can scan it? Is it a big article or just a small one?
 
live4speed
Oh, well in that case thats news to me. Is there no way you can scan it? Is it a big article or just a small one?
It's very big, and sorry, no scanner.
 
Oh, if it was one of thoes really small articles like 1 paragraph I would have asked for you to try and type the whole thing, but never mind, just quote the bit about the race mods because that has me interensted and maybe someone else who has the mag can scan it another time 👍
 
Yes, racing mods should come back, that 's one reason I still play GT2 and GT1.
Why not remove a few Mitsu Lancers and use that space on the DVD for more textures.
It's not just a cosmetic mod, it increases cars performances ( weight and aerodynamic ).
 
Biased, I doubt it's a space issue, if they can fit morrowind on ONE cd, I'm sure they can fit GT4 on a dvd and not really have to worry.

Do i want racing mods? Hell yes, even I don't use em all the time, at least they are there!
 
code_kev
Biased, I doubt it's a space issue, if they can fit morrowind on ONE cd, I'm sure they can fit GT4 on a dvd and not really have to worry.

Do i want racing mods? Hell yes, even I don't use em all the time, at least they are there!

I always thought that one of the biggest challenges for games designers was to pack as much bytes as possible on a CDROM. You know, when reading any game designer interview, the old excuse " The lack of space on the distribution media didn't allow us to include such and such feature ... ".

Does anyone know how many gigabytes are on GT3 DVD. or better what is the ratio of used vs empty space ?
 
live4speed
Actually thats not 100% accurate Solid, KY did say that, but the term he used was body kit's not race mods. While it's almost certain that he meant race mods as they are adding a body kit to your car he left that tiny 1% chance that it's not the race mods as they were in GT1 and GT2..
:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

These are just translation issues. Knowing that Kazunori has a very modest command of English , he doesn't interpret his ideas correctly , so he might mean tuning upgrades while saying bodykits and not necessarily racing modifications. Besides , many vidgames magazines boost his words to increase interest in GT4 . Sometimes I read 1000 cars , 150 tracks ,racing mods back , weather effects that affect handling and so on..... .
 
I welcome race mods as much as anyone else but they really wont affect my perception of the game.
 
Nizar1980
:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

These are just translation issues. Knowing that Kazunori has a very modest command of English , he doesn't interpret his ideas correctly , so he might mean tuning upgrades while saying bodykits and not necessarily racing modifications. Besides , many vidgames magazines boost his words to increase interest in GT4 . Sometimes I read 1000 cars , 150 tracks ,racing mods back , weather effects that affect handling and so on..... .
That's a very valid point. I wish I could provide proof of this being a possibility, but can't. The magazine is gone. Remember, I had a terrible fire back in late October, so a lot of stuff got thrown out. This is the second time this has happened.
 
You don't even remember what magazine it was in? I'm sure someone, somewhere would have the same one.
 
Nizar1980
:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

These are just translation issues. Knowing that Kazunori has a very modest command of English , he doesn't interpret his ideas correctly , so he might mean tuning upgrades while saying bodykits and not necessarily racing modifications. Besides , many vidgames magazines boost his words to increase interest in GT4 . Sometimes I read 1000 cars , 150 tracks ,racing mods back , weather effects that affect handling and so on..... .
It's not KY speaking English, he always speaks Japanese in interviews and has a personal translator who repeats it all in English, so I doubt he said tuning options and his translator said Body kit's. Also the exact same interview has been repeated on variouse sites so although your right, magazines and such do exaggerate to generate hype, if the exact same wording of an interview is reported in several mag's or sites ect, it's usually how it was.
 
i remember reading that interview... i'm sure it was posted here... he definitely had said body mods from known manufacturers and racing mods as in GT2... in any regard we need the [R]s back... was such a nice touch... i hope if they are in that you can "switch" them on and off the car... was annoying with limited garage space to have to keep a street version and an [R] version of the car.
 
I'd say that once again they'd be a permanent thing. I mean they're not just a few pieces stuck on, they're a very fundamental change to a lot of aspects of the car, it's not the easiest of reversible processes. But hey, maybe you will be able to deselect them like most other upgrades.
 
Yeah, I think It'd be a good idea to be able to take your car back to stock if you wanted to. To save buying another of the same model. Things like weight reduction and port & polish were permiment in previous instalments.
 
Yes it would be good but if they did put it in let us have the ability to chose the colours because there were some crap auwful schemes in GT2.
 
yes it should come back, cause some racemod cars i had in GT2 were better then their LM cousins. i really just want to race mod my '69 vette in GT4 like in GT2 it was very cool and if you knew how to drive it you could beat the supercars.
 
Back