Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,203 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
I'm working on the standings right now. Ever since I moved, I have had some serious sporatic connection issues, that as of now are still occuring. So, I am struggling to stay connected to update here and/or my site. The only way I'm able to get online is through an android tether hack and it's iffy too. I am working on it though guys, just struggling a bit.

I do need a bit of a refresher for the finish at La Sarthe. If I remember correctly, I got dc'd and it wouldn't let me view the podium or save replay, and I know Joe took first, but I can't for the life of me recall the finish order. I would appreciate a little help with that 👍
 
Well, I said it the morning before our La Sarthe race, but it certainly applies to Toscana. :sly:

I hope the standings get updated soon, I'd like to see what kind of result I need at Chamonix. (It'd be nice if you could beat Fleaver again, Rich >___>)
Hmm I still won tho haha that's all. And I think I'm above average on Chamonoix so I don't think a podium will be a problem but I can't be too confident because a bad start can ruin everything as we've seen :O
I do need a bit of a refresher for the finish at La Sarthe. If I remember correctly, I got dc'd and it wouldn't let me view the podium or save replay, and I know Joe took first, but I can't for the life of me recall the finish order. I would appreciate a little help with that 👍
I think 4 people finished...I know a bunch of guys dropped out, I believe I got last...I might have it saved, sometimes I saved replays just for this reason. I'll look tonight when I get on for my WRC league.
 
Cool, I hope you do. I don't know why it wouldn't let me save it. I started the race. I can see why it wouldn't if I never was involved.

Fleaver called out absent, so it must have been you, Joe, Mick, and traction? Maybe thru_purple?
 
Probably, I'm looking now I'll update in a couple minutes.

Let us know when the standings are updated if you get the chance 👍

I got 3/3. Any way I can export as save data and send it over to you for viewing? I don't really feel like browsing through 1.5hours of racing :P
 
Probably, I'm looking now I'll update in a couple minutes.

Let us know when the standings are updated if you get the chance 👍

I got 3/3. Any way I can export as save data and send it over to you for viewing? I don't really feel like browsing through 1.5hours of racing :P
Yes you can.

Step 1. Go to replay theatre, hover over the replay and press triangle to choose the option 'Export Save Data'. *Write down the number at the beginning of the file for easier retrieval.

Step 2. To copy to usb stick (you have to quit the game and have a usb stick in the console), go to the 'Saved Data Utility (PS3)' in the 'game' column on the XMB. From here go to the 'Gran Turismo 5' folder. In that folder will be the replay. Highlight it and press triangle to select 'copy' to usb. Now you have the replay on the usb stick.

Step 3. To get the replay to me you will need to make a 'zip' file containing it. Insert the usb stick with the replay on it into your pc and copy the 'PS3' folder to the desktop (drag and drop). If there are any other folders in the PS3 folder besides 'Savedata' delete them, as we wont be needing them. Now open the 'Savedata' folder. Look for a folder that ends with -RPL### (the number is the same as you wrote down earlier). Delete all other folders inside the 'Savedata' besides the replay folder. Now you are ready to zip it up. Back out of all folders so you're back at your desktop. Right click on the 'PS3' folder you have on your desktop and select 'Send to compressed zip folder and name it what you like.

Now you should have a compressed zip folder that has the replay within it. You can either email it to me (add the zip as an attachment) or you can add it right here to one of your posts as an attachment. It is up to you.

I appreciate it and if you have any questions or trouble just let me know.
 
Swerve: I will do that tonight in about an hour. Should've used my common sense with the email :P

PM me your email address and I'll send it
 
Swerve: I will do that tonight in about an hour. Should've used my common sense with the email :P

PM me your email address and I'll send it
Take your time. I'm going out for the night, but shall update the standings late tonight or tomorrow sometime. PM sent

Again, if you have trouble making it happen just email me as I will respond to that instantly.
 
I missed the Toscana race, been really busy this week. I will be back for the snow race.

Any plans for a 2nd season?? This one has been great.

BTW I recall getting a 2nd placing at the La Sarthe round. Just letting you know, don't wanna let that result slip.
 
Mic_Col
I missed the Toscana race, been really busy this week. I will be back for the snow race.

Any plans for a 2nd season?? This one has been great.

BTW I recall getting a 2nd placing at the La Sarthe round. Just letting you know, don't wanna let that result slip.

I'm in the process of getting swerve the replay as we speak so don't worry :)
 
Here are the point standings through 7 races, minus the la sarthe finish since I have no confirmation for that race.

1. Joe - 321
2. Fleaver - 314
3. swervesauce - 261
4. Rich77 - 245
5. Mick - 162

That is all 6 results I have as of now. By removing the worst finish out of those and adding the best 5 the standings are as follows:

1. Joe - 280
2. Fleaver - 273
3. Rich77 - 245
4. swervesauce - 223
5. Mick - 162

Hopefully we can come together and figure out what the points are for la sarthe. Fleaver did not attend and I disconnected so that will result in both of our worst finishes and be erased. So for the final standings I really just need to know Joe's and Rich's finish, who had pole, fastest lap, and led the most laps. It looks like it's gona all come down to Joe and Fleaver with me and Rich just having too much ground to make up and not enough participants to have a finish gap big enough to cover that ground.

See you guys tonight 👍
 
I have a couple minutes now, going to look for a filesharing site. Anybody know any good free ones?

EDIT: I didn't know you didn't need a account for mediafire.com that's awesome lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xb6hciznzfu3imy <-- le Sarthe 2nd Race, replay.
 
Last edited:
I have a couple minutes now, going to look for a filesharing site. Anybody know any good free ones?

EDIT: I didn't know you didn't need a account for mediafire.com that's awesome lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xb6hciznzfu3imy <-- le Sarthe 2nd Race, replay.
Yea mediafire is the most common one, I just couldn't come up with it :dunce:. Thanks though, as I'm half way through it now, doing the final math. Results will be posted here before 6 and I'll repeat them in out lobby.
 
Great season guys. Hats off to the podium winners for the championship 👍
 
Final Standings
Season 1
​

1st
JoeOfTheFire - 391 points

2nd
Rich77 - 359 points

3rd
Fleaver - 314 points

4th
swervesauce - 264 points

5th
Mick_C_1080 - 256 points​
​


**Congratulations to the winner Joe (the fastest bastard around) and thanks to all for participating in the innaugural season**

Awards will be discussed and given out very soon and the thread for season 2 shall be arriving sooner than later :cheers:
 
Another good race, shame there was a small turn-out.

Racing in the snow is tough. There's also the very real fatigue effect of having to stare at a bright snow-scape for an hour. In the post-race chat we had all been smart enough to turn the screen brightness down. Didn't help Swerve apparently.

Rich77 lead the entire time, good driving. He tricked me into thinking I had a chance to get by him near the end. Then he just drove away again, when someone pulls away at 6-7secs a lap. You know you didn't really have a chance.

I was happy to have driven clean and smooth and at the end claim 2nd place.

Looking forward to next season. Whatever it brings.
 
Great championship swervesauce, season 2 is going to be great.

The only wish........... to see more people in races.

Anyway it was great running with you guys.

DiegoC1980
 
Mick it was more of me losing control of my drift and getting back up to speed :D

I'm surprised I got second, if fleav showed up I think I'd be one spot down.

Looking forward to season two!
 
I messed up my dates, thinking the race was tonight instead of last night :dunce:, and I'm surprised I still won :drool:. Good racing with you guys in the other 7 races. 👍

Time to inquire about my prize......
 
DrifterJoe
Time to inquire about my prize......

yeah about that...swerve did say he had some surprises :D
 
Time to inquire about my prize......
Well, I tried to conjour up some thoughts as to what might be worthy of a prize.....and I'm blanking. Mainly, becuase what may be worth a prize to me isn't worth a prize to another and the cap on trading really hurt me.

So, I'm willing to send you whatever car you want (that can be traded obviously) along with some paints of whatever you choose.

*Note that I can send two cars per day and ten paints, as I have 2 PS3's so I'm up for anything guys.

I shall edit this post a little later after my race tonight with a list of my most desirable cars. Also, I may decide to add a little icing on the cake in the next week or two. A prize actually worth something :)

All suggestions are welcome
 
I'd prefer a pure Silver cup similar to that of Lord Stanley's would be nice. But I suppose a car is fine...
 
There go my hopes of winning £1,000,000! :sly:

Now to just wait for that list of desirable cars to be added.
 
All right Joe and Rich, here you guys go. Have your pick. Also note that I have every paint under the sun including most (not all) of the mattes, silver and gold chrome that you can add to your prize 👍

All standard here:

Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA '03 - 1800 miles
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00 - 3100 miles
XANAVI HIROTO GT-R '01 - 2100 miles
RAYBRIG NSX '03 - 4500 miles
Castrol Tom's Supra '01 - 1900 miles
Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (No Pace) '01 - 1600 miles
ARTA NSX '00 - 2 miles
NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car - 3 miles
NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car - 1700 miles
XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03 - 0 miles
PENZOIL NISMO GT-R '99 - 4500 miles
MOBIL 1 NSX '01 - 2 miles
LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01 - 60 miles
2000 Ford Falcon XR8 - 0 miles
Nismo 400R '96 - 1200 miles
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '01 - 0 miles <----Really slick
TAKATA DOME NSX '03 - 0 miles
Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car - 0 miles
Option Stream Z '04 - 1600 miles
Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune (R34) '99 - 0 miles
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 - 4100 miles
Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03 - 300 miles
Mugen S2000 '00 - 700 miles
Castrol Tom's Supra '00 - 900 miles
Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95 - 70 miles
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00 - 12k miles
Honda Integra Type R Touring Car - 1000 miles
Super Autobacs Apex MR-S '00 - 800 miles
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 - 4100 miles
Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99 - 1600 miles
Audi A4 Touring Car (Red Bull) '04 - 0 miles
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia '01 - 800 miles
HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 '04 - 1200 miles


I have almost every premium car and will buy you anyone you would like in that regard. Also in premium (in my opinion the best award) I have the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 - 0 miles - paintable to any color

Ninja Edit: Also note, that while I have a good memory (not great), I could be wrong about the value of some of these rides being trade-able.
 
Last edited:
Can I has a Evo Super Rally? :F

That's the red one right?
 
Can I has a Evo Super Rally? :F

That's the red one right?

Are you talking about the tommi makinen one?

The Super Rally on is white on with the red rally wing and a red stripe.

mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-super-rally-car-03.jpg
 
I think I'll pick the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8, and throw in some gold chrome paint too. :sly:
 
Are you talking about the tommi makinen one?

The Super Rally on is white on with the red rally wing and a red stripe.

mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-super-rally-car-03.jpg

Yep, do you mind if I take that off your hands Swerve?
 
Sorry I been busy today boys. I will get you both taken care of asap. Rich if I member correctly it is the red one, not the one pictured above, unless the one shoves liberty is different in game. I don't member seeing the above scheme. Ill report back.
 
Ok no rush I'm just as busy as you I understand
 
Ok, Rich the Super Rally is the above mentioned livery. I shall send over your gift after fridays reset as I'm going to send Joe's here in a few minutes.

Also, tihs goes out to all who participated at any time, new comers and especially to the regulars;feedback. The season has come to an end and for the most part went really smooth with some great feedback. As with anything I do, I want to hear what my guys are saying and thinking and I value your opinions. Please feel free to leave me feedback and/or ideas and suggestions going into the second season here to make it easier for me to try and incorporate new things. In case I haven't told some of you, I have needed a break for a little while from administrating the two leagues I have running. Real life changes and I have a lot less time to dedicate to editing HTML on our League site and watching replays and so on, so I will be taking a break from the official series for an unspecified bit (not forever) while still maybe holding an event or two so we can all just get together. So, bare with me, I'm not dropping out of running the League. It's the only reason my GT5 game gets played anymore. I had some great fun with this series and racing with you guys (well maybe a little less fun with Joe :lol:) and look forward to us keeping it up. Feel free to hit me up via PM with anything and leave me some feedback here please.

Swerve
:cheers:

Edit: Sorry Joe, my man, the Ford Falcon isn't trade-able. I shall take your secondary order. Rich, I went ahead and sent you the Super Rally Evo and a gold chip. I'm really bummer about this whole thing, not being able to trade you guys a really expensive and/or hard to obtain car. I am thinking about a more "realistic" award(s) in the future if you guys know what I mean and we agree with it.
 
Last edited:
Back