Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,203 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
Since cars worth 1,000,000 cr + can no longer be traded, what are you going to do about the prize for winning, Swerve?

Yea PD threw us a curveball with that one. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do but award a car under a million now along with some paints. I have outlined it with my latest post here
 
"Gift of the car features more than 100 million yen to resume temporarily. About three hours later as a guide. This is not good I did not notice in advance. Sorry. RT @ gt5nimonomousu: X2010 I just have one day I'd like to be sent to? I lent a friend a while ..."
Well, with this translated tweet from Kaz and a few posts I've read this morning, the cap may already be lifted and/or being lifted soon. As I said in my lastest blog post I believed this to be temporary. I'm heading into GT5 now to verify the info.

Edit: I can confirm the cap has been lifted (for now). I was able to send an X1 from sub-account to main account.

Edited further: The cap of 1 mil cr has only been temporarily lifted through March 3rd. Upon then the cap will be put back into place. So until we reach the end of this series, unfortunately I will not know what my ability will be in regard to gifting. As I stated here in my post, I still believe they are working on a better system for us to use.
 
Last edited:
Throwing down some more practice tonight.

Room 1472-6118-4259-7714-2803

Join me if you plan on performing reasonably well on Sunday's race. ;)

Edit: Room is back online.
 
Last edited:
Throwing down some more practice tonight.

Will post later when i re-open the room.

Join me if you plan on performing reasonably well on Sunday's race. ;)
Maybe I'll kick my brother off and join you...I could use the practice considering I haven't driven on anything paved in a good few days (weeks) 'cept for the curbs of Eiger Norwand :P
 
Alright guys, tonight marks the start of the second half of the endurance circuit. It's been super fun so far and the Ring is only going to make it better. I've posted the latest standings table here through the first four weeks. Joe took the lead from the first race and has never looked back. Fleaver overtook me week 3 at Toscana with his start to finish dominance and my poor performance last week stretched that gap out even more. Rich pulled off a big win at Chamonix to overtake Mic for 4th place by 10 points and newcomer TRACT10N had a nice showing for his debut. Here's to no rain boys:cheers:
 
I was wondering where I stood after I got that flurry of points...
 
It will be interesting to see if the rise and fall of drivers so far has been due to the subtle differences between the different cars on different surfaces.

Back to tarmac, which is supposed to favor the lancer EVO. See if I can prove that wrong.
 
I am looking forward to a dry track, that is it! Also, I am online and in my lounge if you want to practice for a bit prior.
 
Thanks to the magic of GT5 online, Fleaver and Mick appeared on the track for me with 3 to go, and my 2 1/2 minute lead became a 2 minute gap to the leader, Fleaver. There I was going easy and messing around every so often (and being reckless with a couple of corners >_>) because I thought I had a large cushion, when I was actually losing time constantly without knowing.

I saw 5 people on track to start with, 2 of them left, leaving me, Swerve and Rich, and then Mick and Fleaver appeared on track.
 
Thanks to the magic of GT5 online, Fleaver and Mick appeared on the track for me with 3 to go, and my 2 1/2 minute lead became a 2 minute gap to the leader, Fleaver. There I was going easy and messing around every so often (and being reckless with a couple of corners >_>) because I thought I had a large cushion, when I was actually losing time constantly without knowing.

I saw 5 people on track to start with, 2 of them left, leaving me, Swerve and Rich, and then Mick and Fleaver appeared on track.
It is very strange the way it goes sometimes with their servers. I wish they'd address that more quickly than other non-playable issues.

Anyhow, here are the results from tonights action at the Ring:

1.Fleaver
2.JoeOfTheFire
3.swervesauce
4.Rich77
5.Mick_C_1080
6.TRACT10N (DC)
7.Thru_purple (DNF)
8.DiegoC1980 (DNF)
 
Firstly, Swerve your pic is banging.

Secondly, I'm not sure I want to see Nurburgring again. I mean that was fun and all but the whole time my Impreza was screaming "LET ME SEE SOME GRAVEL"

I really wish we could attach bumpers that would help prevent damage as well :P
 
I had a few good laps.

And some really bad laps. I couldn't stop hitting the wall hard in the first half of the race. I went from leading the race to, in the next kilometer, hitting the wall so much that the car was spun dead in the middle of the track. Apologies to thru-purple who found me this way.

You can practice and test drive a track all you want, but it's only in the race that you can find totally new places to have a crash. I had a massive wall hit after going off at 'Flugplatz' I shot across the grass and hit the wall in a way that it damaged both front and rear left side tires. I haven't gone off there in a way that hits the wall since learning the track back in the early days of GT4.

After that damage I had a few more hits that followed as a result. The damage was so bad to the car that it was close to undrivable. I stopped the car at the side of the track to let 2 guys get by as I knew that my swerving would cause a crash.

I was so defeated by this that I put the car in autopilot and walked away for a minute. I decided to continue driving, just as an exercise to see what kinds of laps I could set. Answer = :indiff:

I wish they'd address that more quickly than other non-playable issues.

I did notice today that the track remained 'solid' the whole time, by that I mean the issue where pieces of track are simply not there and you're driving in empty space.

But we weren't racing in rain, so I'm not about to claim that the problem is gone.
 
I did notice today that the track remained 'solid' the whole time, by that I mean the issue where pieces of track are simply not there and you're driving in empty space.

But we weren't racing in rain, so I'm not about to claim that the problem is gone.
I have to debunk this. The track did "black out" on me once on the exit of the first esses. Other than that it did remain solid the whole rest of the race.
 
I did notice today that the track remained 'solid' the whole time, by that I mean the issue where pieces of track are simply not there and you're driving in empty space.

My track actually cut out for like 20m and my face went :confused::odd::boggled::crazy:👍 (when it went back)

But that was only once, so yeah it was fine otherwise. Scary **** tho, it felt like inception or something where stuff is just created or disappeared based on your mind!
 
My track actually cut out for like 20m and my face went :confused::odd::boggled::crazy:👍 (when it went back)

But that was only once, so yeah it was fine otherwise. Scary **** tho, it felt like inception or something where stuff is just created or disappeared based on your mind!
Sir, the only reason you didn't pass me at the end is because you were in a dream within a dream within the original dream, and that dream my friend was beating me :lol::lol:
 
Sir, the only reason you didn't pass me at the end is because you were in a dream within a dream within the original dream, and that dream my friend was beating me :lol::lol:

Which planted the thought in my head that maybe I shouldn't have pushed it so hard and crashed 3 laps straight so I could pass you :P

I get it now!
 
I was very fortunate to have loads of spare time this last week, and I spent that time in Germany. I must have put over 50 laps on the 24h variant of the Nurburgring. Most of those were at night, and a handful were in the wet. I was hoping for a podium finish, preferably ahead of the series leader, Joe.

I had two strategies for the race: No Damage and One Pit. My goal was to take it easy; use two or three laps to get into a rhythm, conserve tires, and slowly build speed. I crashed twice during my qualifying lap, but that I didn't count. Despite spinning three or four times during the race, I only found the wall once, halfway through the final lap. Due to the spins, my slicks would never last 75 miles of Green Hell. I had to opt for two pits, at the end of laps 3 and 6.

Fortunately, all the practice paid off as I came away with the checkered flag. Joe, you are a tough opponent to beat. It is too bad you weren't able to see me until the last third of the race; we could have had some excellent competition. I look forward to the remainder of the series.
 
Joe, you are a tough opponent to beat. It is too bad you weren't able to see me until the last third of the race; we could have had some excellent competition. I look forward to the remainder of the series.

Yes we could've. 👍 As soon as you and Mick appeared for me with 3 laps to go I went "craaaaaaaaaaaaap" :scared: and set my fastest lap on that lap.
 
Lol at the first lap last night i had to slow down when i took the lead, because i had to charge my controller.

the white Evo seemed to have killed my NSX, when it spun miles ahead and i hit it.

5th lap killed me as the front tires didnt had any grip (even tho they were new). and it was day light i have to win De La Sarthe next week.
 
I had a few good laps.

And some really bad laps. I couldn't stop hitting the wall hard in the first half of the race. I went from leading the race to, in the next kilometer, hitting the wall so much that the car was spun dead in the middle of the track. Apologies to thru-purple who found me this way.

You can practice and test drive a track all you want, but it's only in the race that you can find totally new places to have a crash. I had a massive wall hit after going off at 'Flugplatz' I shot across the grass and hit the wall in a way that it damaged both front and rear left side tires. I haven't gone off there in a way that hits the wall since learning the track back in the early days of GT4.

After that damage I had a few more hits that followed as a result. The damage was so bad to the car that it was close to undrivable. I stopped the car at the side of the track to let 2 guys get by as I knew that my swerving would cause a crash.

I was so defeated by this that I put the car in autopilot and walked away for a minute. I decided to continue driving, just as an exercise to see what kinds of laps I could set. Answer = :indiff:



I did notice today that the track remained 'solid' the whole time, by that I mean the issue where pieces of track are simply not there and you're driving in empty space.

But we weren't racing in rain, so I'm not about to claim that the problem is gone.

LOL You stopped me from Catching the Lead. my NSX was in good condition at the time. and destroyed my Pace. but still No Problem man. things like that happen.
 
Unfortunately, I will be MIA for the week 6 race at Circuit de la Sarthe. I was very much looking forward to it.

Fortunately, I was reminded that a $10 concert featuring six bands (and Thousand Foot Krutch) will be occuring at the same time.

Sorry guys, but I can't miss this.
 
Unfortunately, I will be MIA for the week 6 race at Circuit de la Sarthe. I was very much looking forward to it.

Fortunately, I was reminded that a $10 concert featuring six bands (and Thousand Foot Krutch) will be occuring at the same time.

Sorry guys, but I can't miss this.
That's understandable. I too may be missing this week due to a poker tournament. I will still be hosting the event in my lobby though so no worries guys. If I happen to bust out (event starts several hours prior) before the race, then I will be in attendance.
 
I too may be missing this week due to a poker tournament. ... If I happen to bust out (event starts several hours prior) before the race, then I will be in attendance.

And angry.:grumpy:

I'll be staying out of your way.
 
And angry.:grumpy:

I'll be staying out of your way.
Possibly :lol: first place prize is just a cool million bucks and a fresh Lamborgini Gallardo :drool:
 
Luckily for Fleaver and Swerve, the worst finish of yours in the 8 races is taken away, leaving your top 7 finishes. 👍

Also, I'm way overdue on getting a bad result. >_> My worst so far has been 3rd (at Chamonix).
 
Nvm delete

Btw that race was cruel lol
 
Last edited:
What a shame, I wasn't aware of the Daylight Saving Time Change, it was today, when I showed up the race was almost over

Hope to race again in a week

Diego
 
Waiting to see where I end up on the standings :)
 
DrifterJoe
Also, I'm way overdue on getting a bad result. >_> My worst so far has been 3rd (at Chamonix).

Ironic how you say this before Toscana maybe a self fulfilling prophecy :P
 
Ironic how you say this before Toscana maybe a self fulfilling prophecy :P

Well, I said it the morning before our La Sarthe race, but it certainly applies to Toscana. :sly:

I hope the standings get updated soon, I'd like to see what kind of result I need at Chamonix. (It'd be nice if you could beat Fleaver again, Rich >___>)
 
Back