Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,204 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
Don't think I let that slip by Drifter....see if you don't start a lap down this week :lol::lol:

I'll somehow make that lap back and still win. :sly:
 
I am now enforcing a 10% power limiter regulation on all of your cars
 
I am now enforcing a 10% power limiter regulation on all of your cars

Curses, foiled again!

Wait, if i set my car to its full 527 BHP, and then reduce it by that 10%...I'll have 474 BHP! :dopey:
 
How do you plan on enforcing that?
 
Yeah swerve, that WAS a joke for Joe right? lol I was just whining about all these new regs.
 
How do you plan on enforcing that?
Someone else is crusin for a brusin, huh? :)

Yeah swerve, that WAS a joke for Joe right? lol I was just whining about all these new regs.
Of course it was, It's just my usual "after updating standings" fueled rage that caused that 🤬 rant :lol:

All in all, I like the options they gave us. The weight ballast will be very beneficial and the ability to turn off tire wear/fuel consumption unlocks longer endurance rally racing where there are no pits available. The power limiter does open up the door for some unorthadox car setups, but it will be closely monitored and studied. I like the PP system, giving me the ability to more closely select competitive cars/setups for choosing. Only time will tell for certain.
 
Alright, here comes some of the highlights from the 90 minute De La Sarthe Endurance race. Full photo album can be seen here

The starting grid
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_65.jpg


Joe already pulling away
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_53.jpg


Pit crews got involved early (this is lap one)
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_47.jpg


"Anyone see where they went?"
CircuitdelaSarthe2009.jpg


Fleaver hot on someones tail
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_43.jpg


Darkness approaches
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_41.jpg


Rich77 looking ahead in the darkness
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_58.jpg


My HID's barely illuminating the road ahead
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_20.jpg


All alone for these two...so it seems
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_37.jpg


Plenty of folks stickin around to see the leader
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_36.jpg


One mistake and you can lose all hope...as Fleaver knows all too well :sly:
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_29.jpg
 
Here are some highlights from the first ever endurance rally event in the Swerve Tour Racing League. Full photo album can be found here

Right out of the gates
Toscana_67.jpg


Action staying close
Toscana_61.jpg


The battle for first
Toscana_60.jpg


Everyone is starting to put some distance between them
Toscana_40.jpg


I'm starting to lose sight of 1st
Toscana_43.jpg


Mick catchin some air
Toscana_54.jpg


Then tearing up his bumper like always :)
Toscana_42.jpg


Joe cresting a hill as the sun sets
Toscana_31.jpg


The battle between me and Rich77 (3rd & 4th) went on 3/4 of the race
Toscana_20.jpg


Neither one of us is giving an inch
Toscana_13.jpg


As night comes it only gets tougher
Toscana_15.jpg


Fleaver, out by a minute, all by his lonesome
Toscana_7.jpg


Just a few laps left and 3rd still isn't decided
Toscana_2.jpg


I pull it out
Toscana_3.jpg


Fleaver finally ends the pain and suffering
Toscana_4.jpg
 
Awesome shots.

I've never seen Toscana pictures before. The location is just 'a track in the countryside' but it allows for some great shots.

Oh and I should think about leaving the bumper off for future races. Make it easier for my pit-crew. Less work to do.
 
Awesome shots.

I've never seen Toscana pictures before. The location is just 'a track in the countryside' but it allows for some great shots.

Oh and I should think about leaving the bumper off for future races. Make it easier for my pit-crew. Less work to do.
Thank you. Yes it is a pretty cool looking location with some good photomode camera angles.

Rule #24b.1 "All drivers must show up to each race with all parts in tact, with full intention of knocking them off during a race"
 
Swerve the pictures were awesome, really captured the mood of Toscana and of course documented our struggled for 3rd :)
 
Swerve the pictures were awesome, really captured the mood of Toscana and of course documented our struggled for 3rd :)
Thanks, and yes it was about the only thing to document as everyone else had a decent gap between them.

You guys don't forget to check out the whole album via the link above and hit up the league page for up to date standings.

See you guys in the snow plows tomorrow!
 
I'm in for tonight

PSN DiegoC1980
Car WRX # 26
 
I'm in for tonight

PSN DiegoC1980
Car WRX # 26
You have been added 👍

Ok, guys, race day it is. As always my lounge will be open at 7 and shortly after that qualifying will begin. the race tonight will be around an hour long with no pit stops. Weather will be random so I'm hoping for a blizzard (only way Joe lets us stay close). I'll be mostly A-Spec auto-grinding most of the day, so if I don't respond to you on psn....that is why. Message me here if needed.

See you guys in a few hours
 
Hey, the dirt and snow tracks provide closer racing between us. We'll be close anyway. 👍

EDIT: The first lap crashes etc brought me down to 5th from 1st on the grid, and from then on I knew I didn't have a chance at coming in the top 2. Overtaking people is incredibly hard to do, due to the vast amount of snow thrown up by the car in front, and you go a lot slower behind someone you're trying to pass, even if you're a few seconds a lap faster than them when in clean air.

Examples of my laptimes:
3 minutes 22 seconds or so when I was following people and trying to get past.
3 minutes 17 seconds when in clean air (and not being threatened from behind.)

I also suspect that the Subaru may be the better offroad car, though the Evo seems better on a tarmac/asphalt etc track.
 
Last edited:
Results - Week 4 - 18 Laps at Chamonix Main

1.Rich77
2.Fleaver
3.JoeOfTheFire
4.TRACT10N
5.swervesauce
6.Mick_C_1080
7.Diego1980 (DNF)
8.BMW_Racing (DNF)
 
I also suspect that the Subaru may be the better offroad car, though the Evo seems better on a tarmac/asphalt etc track.

I came to the same conclusion when I was testing all four cars before the season.

To me, the Lancer seemed to be the better all around car. But, it was just too stable (read: understeer) for me. I had to work so hard to break it loose. The Impreza fits my driving style much better (point the tires and give it gas).

But, that was before the v1.06 update and the included Power Restrictor. It will be interesting to see how much that actually effects the cars. I have a feeling that the Integra would be a more competitive car post-update.
 
Fleaver
I have a feeling that the Integra would be a more competitive car post-update.
yeah I don't think anybody signed with Acura did they?
 
Hey, the dirt and snow tracks provide closer racing between us. We'll be close anyway. 👍

EDIT: The first lap crashes etc brought me down to 5th from 1st on the grid, and from then on I knew I didn't have a chance at coming in the top 2. Overtaking people is incredibly hard to do, due to the vast amount of snow thrown up by the car in front, and you go a lot slower behind someone you're trying to pass, even if you're a few seconds a lap faster than them when in clean air.

Examples of my laptimes:
3 minutes 22 seconds or so when I was following people and trying to get past.
3 minutes 17 seconds when in clean air (and not being threatened from behind.)

I also suspect that the Subaru may be the better offroad car, though the Evo seems better on a tarmac/asphalt etc track.
Yea that first few turns was slippery and once I got a ramming penalty Rich pulled off and left me. Both times I was given a penalty I was "contacted" not "contacting". Now I'm not saying anything from any racer was intentional, I am saying (like I said post race chat) that the system is flawed. Once I saw him take off, there was no catching him. The next time I got one was around lap 9 after TRACT10N had finally taken over Joe and I made a mistake and he bumped me passing me on a tight inside line and I went ghost with a ramming penalty and it happen to be on the first full throttle downhill straight and both of them zoomed by me. Overtaking was incredibly due to the kickup, but that is what makes it fun. I think my fastest lap was only around 3:21 so I wasn't quickest but I easily could've held onto 3rd without making that mistake then penalized.

In my opinion the Impreza does seem to be better offroad and the Lancer the faster on tarmac, but that could be just because you are the Lancer driver on the tarmac :)

I came to the same conclusion when I was testing all four cars before the season.

To me, the Lancer seemed to be the better all around car. But, it was just too stable (read: understeer) for me. I had to work so hard to break it loose. The Impreza fits my driving style much better (point the tires and give it gas).

But, that was before the v1.06 update and the included Power Restrictor. It will be interesting to see how much that actually effects the cars. I have a feeling that the Integra would be a more competitive car post-update.
It was easier for me to "throw around" the Impreza more as I felt like the Lancer was just "stiff". Everything will get more interesting after v1.06

yeah I don't think anybody signed with Acura did they?
No, I didn't see anyone in the preseason practices with the Integra....ever. It just couldn't keep pace with the AWD's
 
Swerve just curious did you have penalties high or low? Because I use light penalties and they don't seem to be nearly as sensitive as what you guys are describing now and last night.
 
Swerve just curious did you have penalties high or low? Because I use light penalties and they don't seem to be nearly as sensitive as what you guys are describing now and last night.

Always been strong, but the only difference I was able to see was the time of the penalty. 4.5 secs on light, 9.5 secs on strong. It seems to me the "sensitivity" was still the same. I could also very well be wrong too
 
I knew it was going to be a tough race on snow.

Joe says above that he could manage a 3:17 when in the clear. That is good!! In the same car ( different setup I 'spose, different guy driving probably more to do with it ) I was only able to manage a 3:22 as my best lap. :sick:

At race start I was following a cloud of snow, it looked kinda funny with the guys names and flags visible over the haze, zigging and zagging back and forth. Then out of the haze a dark Subaru that was stopped dead, it was right in my path. I couldn't avoid it, it was actually see-thru, so I thought that I'd be 'in the right' if I hit it. I wasn't, and was given a pretty big penalty.

The race settled down after that, with guys getting into their race-pace. A few of the new drivers left early which was a shame. At least they could have stayed and worked on snow-driving techniques.

Early on I got closer to Swervesauce and TRACT1ON who were battling each other. I figured with TRACT1ON being a new guy to the series that I would be able to get by him and leave him in my dust . . . um snow-cloud. But no, he ended up being one of the fastest guys on the track. Well done!!

Once the field stretched out I had clear track for a long time, was tracking swerve who was a distance ahead. I could just catch a glimpse of him each lap on that long back straight, the one with all the little 'bunny-hops'. But he was slowly getting further away. I was trying to work on my lap-speed and sort out a better driving line, I actually worked a few new things out. But even with that I could not break a 3:24 for the life of me. I would get a better run through section 'B' and feel confident that I'd broken the 3:24 barrier, to be given the same bad news at the control line. :grumpy:

The fastest lap I set was on the final lap. So there was a happy finish for me.

In the post race chat we all agreed that the white snow landscape on the screen made it hard to look at for 1 hour. I might wear sunglasses next time. TRACT1ON said it was the first time he'd raced on snow . . . which made me feel really good.

Back on tarmac next week. But then we've got to see what the weather brings.
 
Back on tarmac next week. But then we've got to see what the weather brings.

And this is where I lose my competitive edge:dunce:

Nice write up btw :)
 
Can I use a different car in each race?
 
No. You must drive the same car for the whole season.
 
I'm currently hosting a Nurburgring Track Day lobby (1472-6118-3615-5261-3884). Feel free to join me to put in some practice for Sunday night's race.
 
Since cars worth 1,000,000 cr + can no longer be traded, what are you going to do about the prize for winning, Swerve?
 
DrifterJoe
Since cars worth 1,000,000 cr + can no longer be traded, what are you going to do about the prize for winning, Swerve?

Really? Was that in 1.06? That SUCKS.
 
Back