Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,203 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
I would like to join.

I have the Dodge Challenger r/t rm '70
Chevy Corvette ZR-1 RM '09
Lotus Elise 111r Rm '03
my psn id is Nascarfans0
I really like the series and I think it will draw lots of attention
 
I'm willing to do some testing if you want. The series that Silver-Symph has setup with the three RM'd cars is trully a blast, with each car having its strenths and weaknesses. I have a evo ready to go, if we pick a course like deep forest and can get all cars within 2 seconds after mild tuning then they should be good on the ring. I dunno about everyone else but i like having some individuality in my car, and thats hard with 16 of them on track. Also there's about 25 one make series active right now.

Right, I want to have something all our own so making it like the other 25 one makes is not a goal of mine, but not copying silver-symph is also not on the agenda. Fleaver makes a good point that the AWD's will have a big advantage over the MR NSX all around, even more so on dirt/snow. So should we scrap the NSX off the list?

From what I just did, what would be best with the addition of the two rally tracks would be to run AWD. The EVO vs. the WRX. Does that sound like a plan? Here are the breakdowns of those two cars (they're the only two AWD RM cars) from the first post detail.

We could set max HP to 443. So following the available HP purchases, purchase everything except a turbo for both. That bring it to this:

EVO:
441hp/6800 rpm
408tq/5400 rpm
2.40kg/hp
1080kg

WRX:
434hp/5900 rpm
419tq/5400 rpm
2.41kg/hp
1065kg

Now I don't know of any of the other cars we could get in here that could compete with those two like the regs would be set, so I would be perfectly fine with 8 EVO's 8 WRX's, maybe even driver points, along with manufacturer/team points. That is why I want discussion from you guys (the community) to help me put this into a great series. Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, keep it comin at me 👍👍
 
One thing i will point out is that you have been spelling my name all wrong Silver-Sylph :lol:
 
One thing i will point out is that you have been spelling my name all wrong Silver-Sylph :lol:

:dunce:lol, my bad man, i was just going on what he put.:dunce:
 
I like the tracks selection you decided on. Notice that you will probably only be able to do the rallies in the AWD and FF cars. On another note, I think the longer the races the better - about 90 minutes. Variable time and weather is a must.

To make it extra challenging, I suggest forcing the driving line off. I've raced at night in the game and it is quite difficult. A friend was over and did the same race with the line on. I have to say, that effectively took all the challenge away from racing at night. But, I'm sure this idea will scare most people and will be denied.
 
I'm still going with the NSX
 
Jav
I'm still going with the NSX

That shouldn't be too big of a disadvantage, with it maxed out it gets a 2.49kg/hp ratio. Also adding the Integra might be a wise option with it coming in at 2.42kg/hp
 
That shouldn't be too big of a disadvantage, with it maxed out it gets a 2.49kg/hp ratio. Also adding the Integra might be a wise option with it coming in at 2.42kg/hp

Then lets do some practice and see how close these cars are on the track insead of on the internet.
 
Then lets do some practice and see how close these cars are on the track insead of on the internet.

Ok, I can be on in 30 minutes
 
Then lets do some practice and see how close these cars are on the track insead of on the internet.

Can you get your evo at 441? all tuning parts besides a turbo

I have the wrx, nsx, and integra. I'll see if anyone else is on to test a 3rd one
 
I got the WRX I'll be home in an hour and a half...
 
Sorry i had to bail so quick, but i'll be on again tomorrow night. Was getting 17.2's(deep forest) with terible understeer that i just couldn't tune out. There's a lot more in it if i can just get it to balance out mid corner.
 
Sorry i had to bail so quick, but i'll be on again tomorrow night. Was getting 17.2's(deep forest) with terible understeer that i just couldn't tune out. There's a lot more in it if i can just get it to balance out mid corner.

No problem, I'll be on.
 
Another from Australia here. Would be interested in joining this race meet, if only for the Nurb. I think a variety of cars is the best way to go so long as they are on close to even ground. Am not sure if I will be availabe at the time of the race, whenever it is decided to be, but I'll do my best to be a part of it.
PSN - GOD-616
Race #66

Currently waiting for Bob to finish the last half of the Sarth 24h, so will buy/test the NSX and the Evo 9 RM cars before coming to my final decision. If I were to jump straight in the deep end however, I would choose the Evo 9.

Keeping a keen eye on this :)
 
Here's how I'm testing the cars. All four, driven by my class 31 b-spec pro, M. Cooper. (No joke.) Here, I will post his times for us to draw conclusions. All races are done built to spec, no tune, and on racing medium tires. I also keep his attitude neutral race long, and there is no tire or fuel wear. The race of choice is 10 laps on Trial Mountain.

Acura NSX RM
best lap - 1:35.881
total time - 16:14.222

Honda Integra RM*
best lap - 1:38.372
total time - 16:50.844

Mitsubishi Lancer RM*
best lap - 1:38.583
total time - 16:44.234

Subaru Impreza RM
best lap - 1:36.405
total time - 16:23.080

After some thinking that the Honda Civic would perform better than the Integra, I had M. Cooper give it a go. I also tried the Lotus Elise for good measure.

Honda Civic RM*
best lap - 1:39.675
total time - 17:05.689

Lotus Elise RM
best lap - 1:31.871
total time - 15:34.439

*Do to consistant traffic, the Integra, Lancer, and Civic all ran slightly slower lap times. With each one, it seemed to be about a 2 sec difference a lap, or 20 sec overall.

Conclusion: I see two options.

1. Allow 3 cars: Impreza, Lancer, and NSX. Restrict all cars to 415 hp. The nimble characteristics of the lighter NSX compensates for the extra grip of the AWD cars.

2. Allow 5 cars: Civic, Impreza, Integra, Lancer, and NSX. Restrict all cars to 350 hp. Each car has it's own advantage. The NSX handles best and has the highest top speed. The Impreza and Lancer benifit in low grip scenarios. And, the Civic and Integra have the lightest weight and most predictable driving characteristics, but suffer from excessive tire wear.
 
My vote goes to option number 1
 
Sorry for my absence guys, I've had something come up. I agree we should just roll with the 3 original cars. I will be back for discussions tomorrow.
 
I agree on the 3, but should hp be even? Perhaps the NSX should have less, to even it out a little. 3sec a lap is a lot on trial mountain, maybe we should test them on the ring as it may be a huge difference.
 
Here is my data. It looks like with the hp I have the original 3 will be close. More testing to come, maybe some preseason races.

Testing Cars - Alpha Stage

1st test: 10 laps Deep Forrest
All assists off
default tuning

Civic 389hp - avg lap time: 1:19:3.xx - best lap: 1:18.537
Integra 386hp - avg lap time: 1:18.4xx - best lap: 1:17.823
Nsx 413hp - avg lap time: 1:16.1xx - best lap: 1:15.357
Wrx 434hp - avg lap time: 1:16.4xx - best lap: 1:15.813
Evo 441hp - avg lap time: 1:16.2xx - best lap: 1:15.652
 
I agree on the 3, but should hp be even? Perhaps the NSX should have less, to even it out a little. 3sec a lap is a lot on trial mountain, maybe we should test them on the ring as it may be a huge difference.

You're right. The NSX is faster on dry tarmac. It beat the Impreza (which has 20 more hp) by an average of 0.7 seconds a lap. But, note that half of the races are on dirt/snow. There is also a chance that the tarmac races will be wet, as the weather will likely be random. I think the hp should be equal across the cars.
 
Car Equivalency Test 2

I drove five cars built to spec on a low-grip surface. They were driven with default tunes with no assists, except ABS set to 1. The track of choice was Charmonix Mini. I completed 10 laps with each car in sunny conditions. Here are the results.

Acura NSX RM - 415 hp
best lap - 45.596

Honda Civic RM - 382 hp
best lap - 45.518

Honda Integra RM - 388 hp
best lap - 44.549

Mitsubishi Lancer RM - 444 hp
best lap - 42.807

Subaru Impreza RM - 438 hp
best lap - 41.484

I should mention a few things. All cars could benefit from a good tune. The Impreza had shorter gears than the Lancer, giving it better acceleration. The NSX also suffered from rediculously long gears. In addition, the Civic, Integra, and NSX would benefit the most from tuning, easily shaving off 1-2 seconds with a properly set up differential alone.

Obviously, something needs to be done about the AWDs. I think their hp should be restricted to match the other cars. I vote for allowing all five cars, with a max hp of around 350.
 
After our testing I would like to get some/all of us in a room and test the original 3 +Integra on the Nordschleife. We will set max hp to 390 and give it a go. I think it will be competitive. I should be back around my console tonight. If you want to be in on the preseason test races add me if you haven't already. I will post back when I can be on
 
My NSX is ready to go!
 
I'm interested if there are still spots. Number is 13.
 
I have a race in less than an hour, but i might be able to run some laps of the ring later.
 
I have a race in less than an hour, but i might be able to run some laps of the ring later.

We better not be late for that one!!
what will you be running on this series Pope?
 
Here are my most recent results after tuning each car to 390 hp. Trial one is my best lap of three on the Nordschleife driving with only ABS on soft racing tires. Trial two is my best lap from 30 minutes in each car specifically tuned for Toscana, also with no assists except ABS.

Trial 1
NSX - 6:48.194
Integra - 6:52.588
Lancer - 6:57.979
Subaru - 6:58.846

Trial 2
NSX - 1:55.939
Integra - 1:54.138
Lancer - 1:49.837
Subaru - 1:47.639

I never expected the Integra to be faster around the 'Ring than the Mitsu and Subie. But, this works out great. It means that the cars are even more balanced than I suspected.
 
Jav
what will you be running on this series Pope?

I'm very convinced that i can turn my snowplow into a evo, lol.
 
Here are my most recent results after tuning each car to 390 hp. Trial one is my best lap of three on the Nordschleife driving with only ABS on soft racing tires. Trial two is my best lap from 30 minutes in each car specifically tuned for Toscana, also with no assists except ABS.

Trial 1
NSX - 6:48.194
Integra - 6:52.588
Lancer - 6:57.979
Subaru - 6:58.846

Trial 2
NSX - 1:55.939
Integra - 1:54.138
Lancer - 1:49.837
Subaru - 1:47.639

I never expected the Integra to be faster around the 'Ring than the Mitsu and Subie. But, this works out great. It means that the cars are even more balanced than I suspected.

Seems like a close field!
When are we starting the series?
 
Im Interested : Sign me up

PSN : Excistor
Car : NSX or Honda S2000 or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo ( I will see )
Controller : Dont know yet : Think DS3.
 
Back