Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,203 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
The driving line was disabled. Swerve and I have discussed the advantage it brings to night racing.
 
you should Add the DATE and TIME, and ROOM so we Could Join in with Preparations.

thru_purple....these are practices so we're just doing them as they come. I post in here when I will have them. Like tonight. They are just to work the kinks out. I will hold them throughout this weekend and next week so everybody can get a feel for it, then my plan is to start the season, the weekend of the 28th, with an exact date/time that I will announce very soon.
 
Last edited:
what track are you doing tonight? I'll be playing so let me know:tup:
the ring again
Also, as for damage. Heavy damage is more in the spirit of endurance racing, since being consistant and clean are usually what wins the race. Just incase you were thinking of changing it.
nope, heavy damage will always be on for the tracks with a pit, however the two rally tracks we're running don't have pits, so it will be set to light there.
It went to hell for me on Nurburg when it got dark... 20 minutes in, haha.
it all went to hell for me last night man
Damn, got a race at 10cst. Well i'm excited about it, but i'm sure it will mean i'll miss out on practice. Hope not though, shouldn't be too long a race.
i got home late, so i'm just now getting on so i should be there when you get ready
I'm not sure if the driving line was disabled last night, but please make it disabled. It's a total advantage when driving at night because you can see 1/8 mile in front of you, and for those that don't drive with it, we can only see 80 ft in front of use.
yes, like fleaver pointed out, it will be off period.
Count me in, hope its not too late
I'll be in an evo
PSN: Puzyaka
it is not too late to sign up, we are still in test/preseason mode. just send me a psn request and i'll invite you in when we practice
 
Sorry this is off topic but i just noticed the Acura NSX has the Honda Emblem on it on the hood. :lol:
 
Sorry this is off topic but i just noticed the Acura NSX has the Honda Emblem on it on the hood. :lol:
hey don't be clutterin up my thread just cuz i was misspellin your name :lol:
(good eye)
 
Well after two laid back testing runs of the Nurburgring 24h/weather/time, I can say this series will be a hit. There's lots of action, lots of changing, lots of pitting. We even ran one 2 lapper in full on rain and it was to say the least, a doozy. I will go through the replays of all out testing to showcase what we have and our opinions on where we stand and what do after here. If you were involved, I appreciate it, and if you missed out, there will be a couple more before season series is a go. Stay tuned tomorrow for results, pictures, and updates. Feel free to leave feedback. I will also have the polls on the league site for voting on the date and time of these actual series races, along with driver profiles and car pictures and so much more.

Good racing guys,
Swerve
 
Yeah I gotta say that was one of the best on-line races I've ever had 👍

I actually arrived at the track without having driven a second in the new car, no testing, no setting up suspension- nothing. Yet it drove beautifully. Gear ratio wasn't set for the track, so would hit the limiter on the long straight. But no big deal.

The damage setting meant a busy pit-lane after lap one. After that we settled into a good race mood. The feel of the 'ring as the sun slowly came up and visibility got better and confidence also grew was great.

I actually had a massive high speed 'tank-slapper' on lap 4, spun out of control but somehow didn't hit anything :crazy: - dusted myself off and got back to it.

Looking forward to the next, I'll go to your site swervesauce and have a look at the info and polls there.
 
I'm pissed i had to leave but it was a blast! Like Mick said, when the sun was coming up it was incredible! I however was not, since my first time on the 24hr track was in the dark i had damage pretty quick. But still had some nice battles, and went 2 laps without pitting! I was very proud of that. Damage in the first few mins of a 10min+ lap sucks though, but it'll teach ya to drive carefully.
 
Yeah I gotta say that was one of the best on-line races I've ever had 👍

I actually arrived at the track without having driven a second in the new car, no testing, no setting up suspension- nothing. Yet it drove beautifully. Gear ratio wasn't set for the track, so would hit the limiter on the long straight. But no big deal.

The damage setting meant a busy pit-lane after lap one. After that we settled into a good race mood. The feel of the 'ring as the sun slowly came up and visibility got better and confidence also grew was great.

I actually had a massive high speed 'tank-slapper' on lap 4, spun out of control but somehow didn't hit anything :crazy: - dusted myself off and got back to it.

Looking forward to the next, I'll go to your site swervesauce and have a look at the info and polls there.
It was some of the best racing I've done as well and hope to make this series one of the best. It will be challenging. Yes please go to the league home page to place your votes on the three polls. They will be open all week.

I'm pissed i had to leave but it was a blast! Like Mick said, when the sun was coming up it was incredible! I however was not, since my first time on the 24hr track was in the dark i had damage pretty quick. But still had some nice battles, and went 2 laps without pitting! I was very proud of that. Damage in the first few mins of a 10min+ lap sucks though, but it'll teach ya to drive carefully.
I had a bad spin on lap one a had to pit too, but that makes it fun. The time change was incredible and I didn't even mean to have it happen like that. I think we will run the circuit twice (all 4 tracks) and have different time changes for the second part of circuit. Please visit the league home page to vote on the three polls. They will be open all week.
 
Well, that entire Nurburg thing was hell for me too. The guy that wasn't even in a RM car, was lagging/weaving/drifting all over the track, spun out right infront of me, and I had to truck along, 12 minutes later, till I could get to the pits again.
 
Please read the Original Post of the thread for new information highlighted in red.

Good racing guys last night..We had a field of 8 at one point and it was nice and clean, aside from our own damage. I will be holding those practices throughout the week, on the different courses. I need input for a few final tweaks of the series so I have put up 3 polls on the league home page (link can be found in my signature). I need you guys to vote on a date/time, length, and the fixed or random weather.

Let me further describe that last part about the fixed/random weather. We are going to run the 4 courses, twice, in sequential order. So in total 8 races. What the question is aimed at is do we want:

1.Fixed sunny weather for the first circuit of 4, then fixed rain/snow weather for the second circuit of 4.

2. Random weather on both circuits, all 8 races.

That is what you will be voting on with fixed or random on the league page.
 
Well, that entire Nurburg thing was hell for me too. The guy that wasn't even in a RM car, was lagging/weaving/drifting all over the track, spun out right infront of me, and I had to truck along, 12 minutes later, till I could get to the pits again.

Who was that? I did not see anyone 'Not' in a RM car
 
thru_purple....these are practices so we're just doing them as they come. I post in here when I will have them. Like tonight. They are just to work the kinks out. I will hold them throughout this weekend and next week so everybody can get a feel for it, then my plan is to start the season, the weekend of the 28th, with an exact date/time that I will announce very soon.

i was just saying, that even if it was practices, its still benificial for everyone to be able to join in.
 
I'm in! My girlfriend helped me decide from the cars since i had a hard time choosing :) I'm using the NSX and my number is 42
 
i was just saying, that even if it was practices, its still benificial for everyone to be able to join in.
I got what you're saying, and I am saying that there will be a practice race every night this week unless something drastically changes and I will inform in the thread fairly early in the day the time I plan to be on and rest assured I will invite everyone I see on in my chat and lounge.

I'm in! My girlfriend helped me decide from the cars since i had a hard time choosing :) I'm using the NSX and my number is 42
haha, that is cool man, just don't go for pink, that is my color. Hope to see you out there


I will be holding a practice race tonight at 10pm cst on La Sarthe. It will be 40-60 minutes. I'm on now and will invite whoever I see on
 
^^^^ On reading that.

I'm going to set up now.
 
So another great night of preseason racing. We managed to get all 4 tracks in. It rained like hell on De La Sarthe and that was a mess to say the least. Toscana and Chamonix were taken by a Impreza, and proved to be very unfavorable to the NSX. However the NSX faired best on La Sarthe and the Ring was taken by the Lancer. So it seems we have a good set of cars here and a better set of racers. Be looking out here for more practice times. I will go ahead and say that I will be online ready for practicing (maybe even just do free run, so guys can come and go and adjust) everynight until kickoff which is friday 1/28. Voting is taking place at the league site and it looks like 9pm cst is taking over. If you can't or don't plan on making the races then please don't waste my time of messaging you and waiting on you. I want to try to please everyone but know that is impossible. I will not be online til very late tomorrow night (sunday) but may discuss with one of the guys to see if he will host. It's late and I''m rambling so if you have any questions please pm me here or get ahold of me through the league page.
 
I would be down to get in on this if there is room.

psn- boltzz_
car- tbd
 
I would be down to get in on this if there is room.

psn- boltzz_
car- tbd
there is room, send me a psn request and visit the league home page to see what we're about
 
there is room, send me a psn request and visit the league home page to see what we're about

done and done. when's the next race?
 
done and done. when's the next race?
Read post #107, have a few more practice races at night, then start season friday
 
Cool! Sounds good. I'll probably be racing the IS-F RM. Look forward to racing together.
 
Cool! Sounds good. I'll probably be racing the IS-F RM. Look forward to racing together.
Please read the OP. That is not one of the cars in this series. It will be multiple seasons so that one may make the cut at a later date, but you must choose one of the four in the OP.
 
Please read the OP. That is not one of the cars in this series. It will be multiple seasons so that one may make the cut at a later date, but you must choose one of the four in the OP.

Oops! I feel like a huge noob, my bad. I'll be driving the Impreza. :crazy:
 
Oops! I feel like a huge noob, my bad. I'll be driving the Impreza. :crazy:
It's all good man, during the next week full of practices you are allowed to test different vehicles, but once it starts you will have to stick with one, so if you know you wana go with that one, cool, if you're not sure, you can try out any of them in practice. See ya there
 
It's all good man, during the next week full of practices you are allowed to test different vehicles, but once it starts you will have to stick with one, so if you know you wana go with that one, cool, if you're not sure, you can try out any of them in practice. See ya there

Sounds good, thank you. Can I request #09?

edit: err* #9
 
Last edited:
Sounds good, thank you. Can I request #09?
yep, it's not taken, it is yours. I'll be updating the driver list within here and my league site tomorrow, because I'm on my phone right now and don't want to mess with it.
 
I'm in! My girlfriend helped me decide from the cars since i had a hard time choosing :) I'm using the NSX and my number is 42

Man, NXS is cool but it takes Balls to race it in the Rally stages of the Series.

Trust me TAKES BALLS !!.
 
So another great night of preseason racing. We managed to get all 4 tracks in. It rained like hell on De La Sarthe and that was a mess to say the least. Toscana and Chamonix were taken by a Impreza, and proved to be very unfavorable to the NSX. However the NSX faired best on La Sarthe and the Ring was taken by the Lancer. So it seems we have a good set of cars here and a better set of racers. Be looking out here for more practice times. I will go ahead and say that I will be online ready for practicing (maybe even just do free run, so guys can come and go and adjust) everynight until kickoff which is friday 1/28. Voting is taking place at the league site and it looks like 9pm cst is taking over. If you can't or don't plan on making the races then please don't waste my time of messaging you and waiting on you. I want to try to please everyone but know that is impossible. I will not be online til very late tomorrow night (sunday) but may discuss with one of the guys to see if he will host. It's late and I''m rambling so if you have any questions please pm me here or get ahold of me through the league page.


i did explain at the start. why the NSX is at a Total Disadvantage in the Rally stages.

Thou it has the Capability to excel in tarmac, it takes Carefull and Precision driving, Specialy in the Rain. Specialy in Terms of Tire Management and Traction Acquisition. i know this first hand as i play with no Race Info Display. (And the Fact that i Overestimated the capabilities of Rain Tires).

NOTE: Rain Tires in the NSX loose Traction half way Through the 3rd Lap in De la Sarthe

I found it hard to Maintain Yaw Stability in the Rain. TUNING and SKILL IS KEY.

it was a whole different Story in the Rally Stages.

Toscana

NOTE: even with Carefull Precission Driving, the NSX tends to Understeer in Most Corners. The NSX, !!!!CANNOT!!!! Compete with the Speed, Maneuvrability and Acceleration of AWD cars.


Charmonix

NOTE: again even with Carefull Precise Driving. the Car Tends to Oversteer, even on Mediocre Acceleration. Feathering Techniques DONT WORK. and You Will HIT WALLS like a PINBALL.



WARNING: In BOTH Rally Stages. the NSX will be LAPPED by the AWD CARS and probbaly by the FF.
 
AGH, I am so pissed at myself! I was playing both friday and saturday nights, and was bored out of my mind trying to find a good group to race with, and totally didn't even check my messages to see if I swervesauce sent me a message...he did
 
Back