[RACE] NR2003: 2014 GTPlanet Fantasy Series *That's A Wrap!*

I already got a spoiler of the points going to Homestead so I'm not even going to bother with the videos. Sorry @nascarfan1400 thanks @BKGlover

1 freaking point. Thing is, there are people behind me still fighting for it, dang it! Bring it on Homestead! I was sleepy until 10 secs ago, now I'm awake as hell. haha

Dead last but I survived! :D:tup:
(BTW, what's the record for most laps behind?)

Also glad I survived this one, 13th and one lap back is much better than dead last and 26 laps behind. :lol:

Some of you all do have some cool-looking cars. I was trying to find some of the cars from you all. Like I was to see the Sony Toyota from RACECAR, the Taco Bell car by DCybertron, quietgirl's Victoria's Secret Chevrolet, and certain other cars. I saw some of the past race videos in this thread and enjoyed watching you all in action. Only problem was that some of the commentary kind of gave hints of past races I missed. And so when I saw some of the previous races, I got to see just what happened prior to later rounds.

So I just popped in here to say I like and appreciate you all doing these races in this series. Not that I'd take part in these races, but seeing these videos makes me want to get "NASCAR Racing 2003 Edition."

itshappening.gif

upload_2015-7-16_20-12-57.png

#1 Chevy @CodDemon101 GoDaddy.com
#3 Ford @GTracer98 Canon
#4 Toyota @BayneHamlin1121 FujiFilm
#6 Ford @GranTurismo916 Kingdom Hearts
#7 Ford @MrUnknown Sonic
#9 Pontiac @Whitetail Bambi
#11 Toyota @Chqr Banana Motorsport
#14 Chevy @nascarfan1400 Red Bull, Pinkie Pie
#16 Toyota @Roflwaffle Shell
#17 Chevy @Doodle Apple
#18 Chevy @ABP DB
#19 Chevy @goofytyler S.N.A.I.L.
#20 Chevy @DurWinning Pepsi
#24 Chevy @Jahgee1124 Dupont
#28 Ford @Earth Havoline
#32 Toyota @RACECAR Sony
#35 Ford @Gerarghini Hot Wheels
#37 Toyota @SilverFire Fluttershy
#38 Chevy @Johnny1996 Budweiser, GM Goodwrench
#42 Toyota @Ryou Dark Horse Records
#47 Chevy @Ninners Patronas, Verizon
#50 Ford @swiftsmith Logan Roadhouse
#51 Ford @AJHG1000 Spidarmun
#53 Dodge @Tired iron Autometer
#54 Ford @Furinkazen and @BRRT_Angel Mobil 1
#55 Ford @sparkytooth #CraigItUp
#64 Chevy @The Bman Pittsburgh Stealers
#69 Chevy @ProjectWHaT ProjectWHaT Is The Most Awesome
#71 Dodge @raven214 ALS Association
#74 Chevy @Carbonox FINA
#76 Pontiac @Niku Driver HC Sunrise
#77 Chevy @samurai8juice Oreos
#79 Ford @BKGlover The Y
#83 Chevy @Bhowe83 Splash
#86 Toyota @DCybertron Taco Bell
#87 Chevy @quietgirl rip it Energy Drink
#88 Chevy @Dustone Vodafone
#95 Ford @rallymorten Octan
#96 Dodge @Harsk100 Je Suis Charlie/GTPlanet
#97 Chevy @Turbo_snail City Chevy
#98 Ford @Mega Umbreon Dogecoin
#99 Ford @Michelin Sharpie

All season long we worked our butts off and overcame a series of wrecks and beat out very tough competitors to pull out a top 5 points finish. Great championship for Turbo_snail, still wished we could have ran up front and not have been taken out of contention early in the running but to make it this far despite all the negatives, this is like a championship win for us. 👍
Looking forward to next season, @nascarfan1400. Thanks for hosting these, they're exciting to watch. :D

Reporter: A decent finish to wrap up the season, 7th place after starting in the back of the field. How did it go for you?
Angel: Didn't get to lead any laps, which was a goal, but a top 10, clean car, and data for Furinkazen Autosport when Furi gets back. Consider that my parting gift.
Reporter: Two of your future teammates crashed each other right behind you. What went through your mind?
Angel: Not much. We aren't teammates yet, and all three of us were running hard. That's between them and hopefully they'll get themselves aligned before Speedweeks.
Reporter: Final question before you catch your flight to Motegi. 2016-Year of the Black Rose or no?
Angel: *smiles* We'll have to wait and find out.

Last edited:
1:30 - Just copying & pasting my post I see :lol:
9:00 - Glad I could get mentioned this race :lol:
12:20 - He says as half of our cars are in the top 10 and another lead for a while at the beginning :lol:
12:50 - Nice voice crack :lol:
24:00 - Well ****

Still super salty about Motegi every time it's mentioned. While I didn't exactly win, I guess I kinda got revenge on Mega Umbreon for finishing above him? It's not as satisfying.. Oh, TRD Racing taking 2nd and 3rd. :sly:

Like I said when @nascarfan1400 started GTPFS, I'm gonna contend for the championship at the last race, 🤬 it up and lose at the last race.
It has happened to me in 5, 6 different NR2003 online leagues I participated and once again it has happened. I'm not even surprised actually. Just a confirmation that if I want to win a championship, it will have to be online.
It's just my lucky with offline leagues. Battle, battle, battle, dies at the end anyway.
I'll post an interview tomorrow and make comments regarding 2014.

Well 19th is.....still horrible. But it is a better finish than the last few races so I guess that's a plus. Well, let's hope 2015 will give me some sort of luck.

Well we'll take that as our Denny Hamlin 🤬 2014 result, as where were these results when I needed them :lol: ah well, we'll take 2nd and 3rd for the time being :sly:

Reporter: You finish out the season in 15th. How would you describe the race
RACECAR: Well, I finished it as I did the first race: Rubbish *laughs* Overall, crazy a lot of the times but considering we managed to actually avoid all the wrecks, that's a massive a achievement in itself. Big thanks to the little team that could as well as to our sponsors for sticking with us.
Reporter: How would you sum up the 2014 season?
RACECAR: Well everything about it was new: the drivers, the cars, the teams. I feel overall the first season for this series was a very good one. As much as I would've loved to be up there competing for a title, it just wasn't gonna happen. Lot of lessons learned though and hopefully something to build upon.
Reporter: Speaking of Building upon, you and DCybertron have formed a new 4 car team for next year and both of your future teammates finished well. Do you yourself benefitting from them and what they accomplished?
RACECAR: Well I feel having those two is already a plus as they are among the non-chevys that were up there competing and its only through bad luck that both weren't in the chase. I feel that with them, we'll be a much stronger shot as a team and we'll raise our game for next season.

RACEtv: Whitetail has just been released from the infield care center after the crash involving Harsk100. Whitetail, what happened?

"Well we were running a very good race here at Homestead, trying to end our season on a high note. We had a little hiccup on a pit stop and got shuffled to the back and we all know that the further back you go the likelihood of death or serious injury increases. I don't know what the 96 was thinking, you just don't make moves like that bombing it into a corner and we just had nowhere to go when it happened. I've been involved in crashes the past four races I believe? I'm bruised all over as it is, sore as hell and this doesn't help any of it. Now we have another destroyed race car but at least I'll have some time to fully recover before the new season.

RACEtv: Given how many wrecked cars you must have at the shop, how will the team bounce back both mentally and financially?

"Yeah, I'm really gutted for the team. We're an extremely small operation and have limited resources so it'll be tough but I think we'll take it all in stride and do what we need to do to be ready for Daytona."

RACEtv: Next season you'll be partnering with Niku Driver HC, how do you think you will fare as a team?

"Being the only Pontiacs on the grid will make it a challenge, but I think we'll work around our challenges and adversities better as a team than just two individual operations. Merging the two cars under one roof also saves a lot of costs and hopefully we can use that saved money to get the cars developed properly so we can compete for a championship next year."

RACEtv: They say that it's always best to root for the underdogs, best of luck in 2015 and we'll see you at Daytona.

"Thanks." *walks away down a dimly lit, empty garage area*

OK, THAT was a 🤬 race! I don't care where I finished, that was the race of the year, no doubt.

@Earth You're gonna want to watch this when you have a chance.

I'm working on the final standings now. I don't have a separate mic on me ATM, so I'll likely just type it out.

Back