[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

"17th isn't quite what we were hoping for, but for our first race this season, I'm fairly happy with it. We kept the car completely clean throughout the whole race, and brought it back to the shop with no damage at all, so that's also another plus. I'd say we have a fairly decent team for this year, and as long as bad luck stays away from us, we'll be up there at the end of the season.

About the race, well, I can't really say much. We kept our nose clean, and led laps, so that's definitely a good sign. I wasn't really focused on leading at all, so to have that happen is really great. Following the last caution, however, things went to crap, really. Our teammate, @samurai8juice, who was laps down, held us up really badly. Bad move on his part, and I'm slightly frustrated, but hey, there's nothing you can do about it."

RACEtv: "Down here on pit lane with GTRacer22 following the brutal race here at Watkins Glen. Tell me, how did you manage to survive all, well, most of the carnage?"

GTRacer22: "Well, first of all, we got really lucky with that first major crash in the bus stop. Because we had to pit to pull out the left front fender after making contact with the #32, we were way off the tail end of the field. So, we were able to just gain a few spots and it put us in a much better position."

RACEtv: "About that incident with the #32 - What exactly happened?"

GTRacer22: "I really don't know, to be quite honest. It looked like he just lost it, and decided to re-enter traffic like a total moron. Dumb move on his part. Thankfully the damage received was not too bad."

RACEtv: "What are your take on all of the incidents caused by Kino****a today?"

GTRacer22: "Stupidity at its finest. You can't go into every darned corner like there's no one ahead of you and proceed to ram every damn car out of your way. It's not how racing works."

RACEtv: "Thoughts going into Auto Club next weekend?"

GTRacer22: "I mean, we were quick in pre-season testing there, before that massive accident occurred. I think we'll have a good shot at the win, as long as we have luck on our side."

RACEtv: "Thanks for your time, GT."

GTRacer22: "My pleasure."

QTNDKW.png

Last edited:
RACECAR why are you following yourself.
:lol:

"I mean, it's not like there's no runoff there so someone is forced to rejoin at that exact place. There's so much runoff and it goes on for awhile so I really just don't understand why RACECAR had to pull into the field in that exact spot. Use the runoff to get up to racing speed, and then rejoin. It's not that hard, really. Just requires some common sense. I had nowhere to go, and I was stuck in that lane. You can't just expect someone to slow down and let you in. It's not how it works."

Tried to make it look like I was being followed. But as you know, I don't have Twitter so I probably am doing something wrong :lol:
I can say for a fact that you can't follow yourself, as egotistical as you may be. Trust me, I've tried.

"I mean, it's not like there's no runoff there so someone is forced to rejoin at that exact place. There's so much runoff and it goes on for awhile so I really just don't understand why RACECAR had to pull into the field in that exact spot. Use the runoff to get up to racing speed, and then rejoin. It's not that hard, really. Just requires some common sense. I had nowhere to go, and I was stuck in that lane. You can't just expect someone to slow down and let you in. It's not how it works."

RACE TV: There appears to be an exchange of words regarding the incident. What going there?

RACECAR: Well apparently, GTRacer22 didn't like how I was trying to rejoin, which I honestly don't understand.

RACE TV: Can you explain the situation that caused this incident?

RACECAR: What happened was I had some really bad wheel hop (partly I take blame for as I had way too much brake dialed in), I oversteered and off I went. I had come to a complete stop trying to save the car and had the rear tires flat, which meant I couldn't accelerate as quick I wanted.

RACE TV: Ok and then what happened?

RACECAR
: I figured since I was at a complete stop and would be going slow enough, I'd at least could find a gap as well as everyone's spotters telling them where I was. No sooner do I begin slowly going, there is the 22 car into my side.

RACE TV: and so you take issue with his words

RACECAR
: I do because he makes it seem as if I was recklessly trying to get back on in traffic as fast as possible when not only was I in a position where I couldn't do so, but that's not what I do or the way I drive. If he would actually look, I would've had little time to move to the additional runoff with the speed I was going. I was concerned with trying to get the car back going and to the pits in one piece so I have no idea where he gets this idea that I made a move so careless when I barely had time to do anything after coming to a dead stop.

RACE TV: Do you plan to talk to him?

RACECAR: I'm going to. I honestly don't feel like he knows the whole story to make such an assumption. I'm sure that what little has happened is already becoming into another 🤬 storm for ESPN to put into their highlight reel so instead, I'm just gonna get this resolved.

Race TV: Ahmed, how about your second race in the season? Are you struggling?
Ahmed: No, I'm not struggling as you saw that I took 3rd in my first race at Daytona, set some records as well. But what I don't get is...
*Camera's turn over to Driver Whitetails's conference* (10 minutes later they return)
Ahmed: Now as I was saying, the sportsmanship with some driver(s) might need to improve. I'm not saying anyone in particular but you can't just push a car off the track and keep going now can you?
Race TV: How would you say the stewards are with handling incidents?
Ahmed: They handle them fine I guess, but what I don't get is that one turn had something up, I think you heard at Whitetail's conference. He said it was oil? I don't think so. Oil is black. I didn't see any black liquid on the track or by that turn. But when multiple cars crash meaning more than two, you need to call a caution. I lost two laps because of that. I didn't get the place I wanted, but there's much more ahead. I hope to end on that Thank You.

Jahgee
The unfortunate thing is that the race isn't at this track
It's a very very fortunate thing.

dislike button x10

"17th isn't quite what we were hoping for, but for our first race this season, I'm fairly happy with it. We kept the car completely clean throughout the whole race, and brought it back to the shop with no damage at all, so that's also another plus. I'd say we have a fairly decent team for this year, and as long as bad luck stays away from us, we'll be up there at the end of the season.

About the race, well, I can't really say much. We kept our nose clean, and led laps, so that's definitely a good sign. I wasn't really focused on leading at all, so to have that happen is really great. Following the last caution, however, things went to crap, really. Our teammate, @samurai8juice, who was laps down, held us up really badly. Bad move on his part, and I'm slightly frustrated, but hey, there's nothing you can do about it."

raw

mTkkqq3.gif

@BKGlover outstanding job on your speadsheet! :) Just be sure you update your schedule to match the current one for the season.
I will, but uhhh....unless you send me the results in typed form, I may be some time getting the info done. Tried watching the Glen video four times now, but YT only gets to the parade lap before eternal loading. I can't get any video to run right ATM.

I will, but uhhh....unless you send me the results in typed form, I may be some time getting the info done. Tried watching the Glen video four times now, but YT only gets to the parade lap before eternal loading. I can't get any video to run right ATM.
Can't I send you screen shots?

Just want to say that I appreciate seeing the Spotter Guide in the opening post. I can properly see which car is which. I usually know which GTPlaneteers are out on the track in these races. However, I sometimes can't tell who's who on some of the different schemes. I still like the job various folks have done designing these cars. Just wanted to share this bit of love here.

Also, I appreciate the name change of the next event. This is a mad world to begin with, let alone a mad nation. This should still be a great race to see once highlights become available.

Due to the recent events in the south, the Fur Affinity 200 will be changed to the #StopTheViolence 200.

Will get to work on that logo 👍

You're telling me I waisted an hour of my life on this for nothing

1. How is that "Mildly NSFW"? No one is even naked.
2. You never had a chance in hell with that logo to begin with so walk on home, boy :lol:

Will get to work on that logo 👍

1. How is that "Mildly NSFW"? No one is even naked.
2. You never had a chance in hell with that logo to begin with so walk on home, boy :lol:
If you opened that up at work, you'd most likely get called to your superior's office if someone saw you looking at it :lol:

If you opened that up at work, you'd most likely get called to your superior's office if someone saw you looking at it :lol:

Now that I think about it, I am in a time where people will complain about ANYTHING (and will likewise, sue for the same reason). Guess by that overreactive train of thought, everything is NSFW.

I saw a little old school GTPlanet Fantasy Series action just now. I saw the video to the Armory Digital 175 from the 2014 GTPlanet Fantasy Series. Absolutely crazy how the pack was 4-wide and even 5-wide without wrecking just about all race long. Very fascinating event.

Figured I'd share this chatter while the current series is still ongoing.

Could Michelin Show The Way At Texas?
Fort Worth, TX

Texas is usually a place where everything's bigger, but that isn't the case for the GTPFS. Texas is the shortest track yet on our schedule, clocking in at 1.50 miles, and with Goodyear so far showing that they aren't a total throwaway, while no longer guaranteed anything, are providing tires for the race at Auto Club. Meanwhile, already preparing, (Doing better than Goodyear already with that "P" word.) Michelin Tires have quickly reacted to the Name change of the Texas race earlier this week, unveiling a new tire that shows their support for the cause, showcasing a special design, their #StopTheHate tires. The design is not final, but they are ready to show that they will be making the most of their first GTPFS event. So far, rounds 5 and onwards are unclear as to a tire provider, so it seems that audibles are often going to be called on what rubber will be beneath the grid. Below you can see the first shot of the tire, and what we can expect to see under the fenders when we roll into the Lone Star State for the first night race of the year. Stay tuned for more info and be sure to catch Round 4, at Texas Motor Speedway, just two races ahead.

michelinpotential.png

Could Michelin Show The Way At Texas?
Fort Worth, TX

Texas is usually a place where everything's bigger, but that isn't the case for the GTPFS. Texas is the shortest track yet on our schedule, clocking in at 1.50 miles, and with Goodyear so far showing that they aren't a total throwaway, while no longer guaranteed anything, are providing tires for the race at Auto Club. Meanwhile, already preparing, (Doing better than Goodyear already with that "P" word.) Michelin Tires have quickly reacted to the Name change of the Texas race earlier this week, unveiling a new tire that shows their support for the cause, showcasing a special design, their #StopTheHate tires. The design is not final, but they are ready to show that they will be making the most of their first GTPFS event. So far, rounds 5 and onwards are unclear as to a tire provider, so it seems that audibles are often going to be called on what rubber will be beneath the grid. Below you can see the first shot of the tire, and what we can expect to see under the fenders when we roll into the Lone Star State for the first night race of the year. Stay tuned for more info and be sure to catch Round 4, at Texas Motor Speedway, just two races ahead.

View attachment 569389
Not gonna lie, thought this was about @Michelin at first. :lol:

also it me yay

Back