Staff Emeritus
GTP.jpg

champ2_1133943ajpg.jpg

tmpphpDsQUB0.png

Race Of Champions - Round 6

Participants and Pairings

GTRP_RudiRaser vs GTRP_Madforce vs PureGT_May vs GTP_TIZZLA

Race Details:

Mode: My Page / Online / Expert Class : 650PP Fuji Speedway F / PRO up to 12 Players
Track: Fuji Speedway F
Car: TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00

Vehicle Specifics:
TVR Tuscan

Power / HP - 369 (+2)
Weight - 946 (86%)
Driving Aids: Optional
Downforce: 0 0
Transmission: Optional (Auto / Manual)
Tyre Type: R1 R1
Performance Points: 650 PP
Tuning: Prohibited - Not Allowed
In-Race RA Functions: Prohibited
Use of the G25 Clutch is Prohibited

Race Specifics:
  • 4 way race.
  • 1st and 2nd place of the group progress to the Final.
  • Last 2 positions in the group is eliminated.
  • 10 lap race.
  • Number of Races: 1 Race
  • If 10 laps are not possible, then the 60 second countdown will determine the end of the race.
  • If the 60 second countdown rule comes into play, the leading car at the end of the countdown will be deemed the winner.
  • All races will start from the grid slots 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the start / finish line.
  • You will start in the positions listed on the screen. First driver listed in the thread starts 1st, 2nd - 2nd, 3rd - 3rd, 4th - 4th.
  • Any interference by non participants (drivers taking part in the public race) during the race will sometimes be unavoidable and should therefore be considered as an unavoidable part of the game.
  • Green run off areas are not part of the track.
  • To find the boundaries of track / run off area, please check the pictures in this thread.

Pit Stop Rules:
  • Each Driver Must Drive through the Pit Lane 1 time during the race
  • The leading driver must demonstrate their intention of entering the pit lane by moving to the right side of the track after the final turn.
  • Driver must start their pit lane enterance by entering the white lines along the start / finish straight.
  • The following drivers may pit on the same lap as the leading drivers
  • Pit stops are not allowed on lap #10
  • If a driver does not make a pit stop within the rules, their result will be DQ'd.
  • When exiting the pit-lane, you must not cross the white line.
  • It is expected that drivers will not strike barriers or short cut while entering and exiting the pits.
  • Cars on the race track have right-of-way over cars entering the race track from the pits. You have to take care not to interfere with other drivers on the track. Swerving in front of upcoming cars to defend your position is not allowed.

Moving off the track:
  • When the race begins, it is important that you move off the racing line in a manner that doesn't interfere with those who are competing in the public race.
  • If you are placed on the left side of the grid, you must move off the track and onto the grass. If you are placed on the right side, you must pull over to the pitwall, positioned out the way.
  • This must be done while being careful not to impeded other drivers on track. Please practice steering off the racing line, to be sure you are comfortable with it prior to your actual race.

Grid Positions:
  • All races will start from the grid slots 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the start / finish line.
  • You will start in the positions listed on the screen. First driver listed in the thread starts 1st, 2nd - 2nd, 3rd - 3rd, 4th - 4th.

tmpphpk4hskz.jpg

The image above shows positions 1 and 2. Drivers in 3rd and 4th will use the 2 grid spots behind this.

Race Start Time Rules:

The race will start exactly 30 seconds after the commencement of the public race.

All drivers are solely responsible for any delay in getting to their grid position. If any driver fails to get to their grid position in due time, then the other driver has the right to commence racing at the 30 second start time.

If both drivers fail to reach their designated grid positions before the 30 second start time, then the start time will begin at 40 seconds after the start of the public race.

Special Instructions:
  • Contact your race partner and talk about the following;
    1. If you agree to use public drivers slipstream / draft to benefit your lap?
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited in both events.
  • Any driver found cheating will be eliminated.

Drivers Responsibilities:
  • All driver pairings are responsible for:
  • Arranging (via PM) the date & time for their head to head race.
  • Selecting a date & time within the allotted time frame.
  • Allocating one driver from each pairings to inform (via PM) the Race Steward, Jack, of the the result of the race.
  • It is the responsibility of all driver pairings to initially govern themselves in regard to any racing disputes.
  • If any racing dispute cannot be resolved then it is the responsibility of both parties to contact the Race Steward individually by following the race dispute procedure below.
  • All disputes must be conducted in a gentlemanly manner and in private.
  • The drivers may, at their own discretion, ask another driver to act as a 3rd party observer during their race. The drivers would need to mutually agree upon this, and it is not a requirement.
All unresolved racing disputes must follow this procedure:

• If a racing dispute cannot be resolved privately then as a last resort contact any designated Race Steward with the following information.
  • Name PM subject title 'Racing Dispute'
  • Supply Tag of drivers concerned.
  • Supply event name.
  • Supply Date & time of event.
  • Supply Cars driven by drivers.
  • Supply full details and any other relevant information relating to the race dispute.

If a race dispute is received, then the Race Stewards will make a decision for both parties involved. All decisions made by the Race Stewards are final, and are not open to appeal at this time.

Car Options:

• All drivers MUST reset their car to default (found at the bottom of 'Quick Tune'), to erase all previous tunes from the car. You must then follow the guidelines above and setup the car the same. If anyone is found with different settings, they will be exposed and eliminated.

Time Frame:

• All races must take place no later than Monday 15th June 2009 at 11:59 pm GMT. You must send a PM to me (Jack) with your race result before that date and time.
  • And all races MUST be complete before the deadline.
  • If you are unable to make contact with the driver you are paired against, PM me (Jack) with the details, at least 48 hours prior to the event deadline.
  • Failure to agree a date & time (Or make contact according to the procedure above) before the deadline will result in disqualification.

OLR Rules & Guidelines:

Follow this link to the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

All drivers are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the current rules and guidelines. The rules and guidelines are open to change without notice, so be sure to check for changes before taking part in any event.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Jack - GTP_JackStanley

Last edited:
this will be really funny :lol:

just an advice for my enemies :mischievous:, dont pit along with me.. because my mechanics will throw a few bananas for those who want to pit with me... :dopey:

good work jack 👍

Woooooow. This is going to be fierce. Good luck 👍

4 way battle :)

if we get a good race this will be epic 👍
i have time in the evenings, too. But maybe i am at home on the weekend.

oh, i just see that its on Fuji this time :D

i´ll pick the dark blue one :)

Last edited:
during the week only at night too.. but the weekend should be better...

Tizzla can you play saturday or sunday morning (night in europe)?

during the week only at night too.. but the weekend should be better...

Tizzla can you play saturday or sunday morning (night in europe)?

Yea, but not really early :lol:

i could race as early as 10.30am (GMT +12) saturday or sunday 👍

i have an question about how to drive into the pits:

"It is expected that drivers will not strike barriers or short cut while entering and exiting the pits."

Does this stand into conflict when we just get into the pit as fast as we can?

Its quite hard to get into the pit on Fuji, and every Driver will enter it with a different speed. :dopey:

i have an question about how to drive into the pits:

"It is expected that drivers will not strike barriers or short cut while entering and exiting the pits."

Does this stand into conflict when we just get into the pit as fast as we can?

Its quite hard to get into the pit on Fuji, and every Driver will enter it with a different speed. :dopey:

Fuji pits are a challenge yes. As the rules state you must pull across early (enter where the white lines begin), and must always have 2 wheels inside the white lines.

No wall contact to be made, so no full throttle pit entrances and banging off the wall.

I can post a video if needed.

Update to the rules. Forgot to add this, sorry.

Race Specifics:
  • Green run off areas are not part of the track.
  • To find the boundaries of track / run off area, please check the pictures in this thread.

ok so 11.30pm GMT - we should meet in the race chat or something. I dont think we should race at exactly .30, maybe .40 or similar to avoid a large number of randoms 👍

Germany, at 15.09h:

summary:

New Zealand GMT +12
Germany GMT +2
Portugal GMT 0/+1?

so 23.30 GMT would be 01.30 in germany
would be okay for the youth, but not if you are older.

can we try it as early as possible?
so if Tizzla says 10.30 is okay, its an hour earlier :)

guys theres a problem going on the times :lol:

dont forget that here in europe is summer time (+1) so here are the right times for all!

23h30 (PT) GMT+0 (summer time: GMT+1) - Saturday
00h30 (DE) GMT+1 (summer time: GMT+2) - Sunday
10h30 (NZ) GMT+12 (winter time: GMT+12) - Sunday

if the GMT cause any confusions.. please look only at the times.. i know they're right trust me 👍

everyone agree?

Last edited:
i know, summer time
thats why i wrote +2 for us :D

i think i can live with 00.30
dont know what Rudi says to this.

and if Tizzla like to race around 8:30 his time it will be perfect. :dopey:

but thats sounds a bit better.

and if Tizzla like to race around 8:30 his time it will be perfect. :dopey:

but thats sounds a bit better.

yeah sure.. but i really understand Tizzla because racing right after a deep sleep inst that good.. ive experienced that already with cohiba.. it was a good race but i was racing with my eyes partially closed :lol:

and for me is normaly ~ 22:00 deadline for racing. much later is not good for me, then my eyes will be partially closed. :lol:

:lol: well you guys should decide it... im out of this discussion because im up for any hour 👍

Rudi do you mean 8.30 am or pm?

I can race any time this weekend from 10am until late at night

Any time in that window that you guys want is fine with me, but im not racing before 10 am

am :scared:

so how it would be if we racing tomorrow around this time, maybe 1-2 hours later?

yea that will be ok

As soon as a wake up i will enter the GTP race chat, and if we meet up in there and decide our start time 👍

i am confused :crazy:

:D

i can race now in 11hours or sunday morning, that would be in 21hours
Rudi would prefer the secon one

come on guys give me the hour... reading the last posts.. i think we are at the same times that i mentioned before, maybe an half-hour sooner:

23h00 (PT) GMT+0 (summer time: GMT+1) - Saturday
00h00 (DE) GMT+1 (summer time: GMT+2) - Sunday
10h00 (NZ) GMT+12 (winter time: GMT+12) - Sunday

say ok or post a definitely hour please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back