Race of Decades Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 91 comments
England
Halesowen, West Midlands
dranddad
Race of Decades Discussion thread.

Pairings will be posted here Deadline for submission is Wednesday 16th September 23:59 GMT

Chunkees choones Has kindly offered tunes to help new members who would like to use them.

Welcome to race of decades Discussion.
Feel free to discuss anything about the races and results broad here.

attachment.php

Yes you, don’t just look at it, click the link support your Decade.

Phillip & Andy.

This event is put on by your Members.

Please note that this is not an official GTP_Event, run by the (The OLR Admin Team)

Last edited:
So any hints on how this is going to work? Will we be racing only folks in our age group or is this a competition between age groups?

So any hints on how this is going to work? Will we be racing only folks in our age group or is this a competition between age groups?

OK the pairings page is now posted

Click here for pairings and resaults page

The idea was to; race competitors in your own decade right through to the winner.

So you'll have a winner of each age group. The winner of each group then has the chance to race in a decades race.

So can the young ones (Cut the mustard)

Are the old ones ( over the hill )​

or are the Middle Ages ( to complacent )

So come on guys have some Fun sign up and support your Decade

Need more Teens and Twenties, the over the hill mob are leaving you behind already.

Phillip. 👍

Click here for the Results Page
link below for sign up page.

Last edited:
Draw for the first round is complete and can be found here, race specifics will appear tomorrow....

Good work, guys. Looking forward to seeing the races 👍

Good luck to everyone, and in particular, Chunkee, in the Battle Of The Monkeys :lol: :cool:

Fuji race.

can only manage a T1 21.009 and T2 53.209

Tried to many car and right :confused: now

Phillip.

Hmmm, a practise time leaderboard might be a good idea like we had in event 03, along with car selection might be quite interesting

Hmmm, a practise time leaderboard might be a good idea like we had in event 03, along with car selection might be quite interesting

I'll get the ball rolling.

My first hotlap at Fuji, well maybe not so hot.

1'40.087 :grumpy:

:lol:

Ferrari California 1'40.498 - I've got some work to do!
Great choice, might hop in there to later tonight. Board updated with your lap 👍

Fantastic Steven thanks, better than mine Lap Times

Not too bad, keeping quiet about our choice of chariot are we?!?!?

Andy its one of them i found in my Garage, but the name Escapes me at the moment. :sly:

Phillip.
You're welcome but your newspaper looks very good Philip!

Ferrari California 1'39.049 - its gonna be tough to go back and forth with this and the M3 on S3's this week for WRS 48.

EDIT: You can find the replay at gtdb.net

Last edited:
1:38.830 in the GT-R, with G25 (replay available) 👍

Will give the California a run... I had no idea it was quick... maybe should have got it out of the garage before now :embarrassed:

FWIW the Honda NSX is quite fast albeit a bit twitchy in the back. I've done low 1'39s with it. The R8 is slower but much much easier to drive. Mid 1'39 lap times. I have not tried the California

Please note, I am not in this competition. I just wanted to give a bit of info.

GTP_Eriba - won't tell :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel a substantial practise session coming on this evening to get back in the groove, need to do some WRS as well :crazy:

1:39.027 hot-lap in the California 👍

Both the GT-R & Cali times were done with the G25 wheel.

More fun than the GT-R, but harder to run consistently. Just ran a 10-lapper in both cars... did 5 consecutive 39-flats in the Nissan, but only managed an FL of 39.3 in the Prancing Horse.

Ran about as well as I could in the GT-R race too, but still lost by 12 secs to two Japanese racers, both of whom were also in GT-Rs! I think maybe I'm missing something... which I better find... coz ChunkeeM's tune & database times are pretty awesome :scared:

Will maybe also try Cohiba100 suggestion of an NSX... any chance to pretend I'm Ayrton ;)

...i see some of the big guns are coming out now with times of 1'38 and 1.39
Hey there, Mr Big Gun :D
---

@ Steven: Don't know that it's too important, but in regard to your db, I don't actually have a GTP_nick -- my PSN name is TORC_stonemonkey (...tried many iterations of 'horse', but computer says "No!"). Oh and, I'm using a wheel (G25) as a controller. Cheers 👍
---

Almost gotten enough confidence together to contact Chunkee to schedule something... almost ;)

Righto, I was away for a few days and need to get caught up with proceedings (and get a bit of practice in).

Just seen the pairings, good times there GTP_Linpark! - I'm defo gonna need some practice.

Just to recap... We get some practice in with our chosen car. Basic RWYB and OLS rules apply, Fuji 700pp, PM the person you're paired against, race and submit result via PM before 9th October?

Pitty we didn't get more teenies and a better spread of people signing up for this.

Righto, I was away for a few days and need to get caught up with proceedings (and get a bit of practice in).

Just seen the pairings, good times there GTP_Linpark! - I'm defo gonna need some practice.

Just to recap... We get some practice in with our chosen car. Basic RWYB and OLS rules apply, Fuji 700pp, PM the person you're paired against, race and submit result via PM before 9th October?

Pitty we didn't get more teenies and a better spread of people signing up for this.

Nice to see you back Phil, hope everything is ok, if you were having a short holiday break hope you enjoyed it.

Yes you got the format right, the event is just a bit of fun and time line is flexible up till next PD update, yes it was a shame a few more members didn’t join in, but Event 03 put on by the OLR team is a very hard act to follow.

All we can do is try a different format; after all it’s the members that make the event work well by taking part, not the ones that come up with the format for the event.

Big thanks to Members like Chunkee for offering his tunes, Steven’s kind help with a leader board, Andy for helping sort the format and race pages.

So its easy for everyone to find, the format Outline on race page, sign up page and on the pairings page, any other quires post in discussion thread or PM me.

Race page. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120687

Pairings page http://www.eviemae.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interest.htm

Leader Board. http://luxy.ca/wrs/leaderboard/gt5p/01decades

News paper. http://www.eviemae.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/new_page_2.htm

Have fun Phillip.

Back