Race of Decades Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 91 comments
im ready i think to have my run, but if memory serves me correct dosnt Cal only come back on the 9th October?? This weekend is race weekend, time to tear up the tarmac 👍

I'm thinking of the California for this race

Very nice paper dad 👍 hats off to you for making this good :cheers: and yes you to Mr Davies

:lol: Love the newspaper Phillip, I hadn't noticed that! Brilliant! Also, can I reiterate the thanks to Steven for supplying a Luxy leaderboard for us 👍

Righto, I was away for a few days and need to get caught up with proceedings (and get a bit of practice in).

Just seen the pairings, good times there GTP_Linpark! - I'm defo gonna need some practice.

Just to recap... We get some practice in with our chosen car. Basic RWYB and OLS rules apply, Fuji 700pp, PM the person you're paired against, race and submit result via PM before 9th October?

Pitty we didn't get more teenies and a better spread of people signing up for this.

Thanks GTP_Phil! I'm gonna give the GT-R a run tonight to see how it stacks up against the Cali - I should be ready for our race after that. This is gonna be fun!

im ready i think to have my run, but if memory serves me correct dosnt Cal only come back on the 9th October?? This weekend is race weekend, time to tear up the tarmac 👍

I'm thinking of the California for this race

Very nice paper dad 👍 hats off to you for making this good :cheers: and yes you to Mr Davies

That ıs çorreçt. Now stop praçtıçıng!

Did a bit of free running last night and managed a 59.3 in the GTR.
Are there any tunes out there? or is that not allowed in this competition?
Will hope to be on later tonight

Edit - doh!, 39.3

Last edited:
Did a bit of free running last night and managed a 59.3 in the GTR.
Are there any tunes out there? or is that not allowed in this competition?
Will hope to be on later tonight

Edit - doh!, 39.3

Hi alexi

And to all other members, you can tune anyway you like to what ever car you like, use Chunkee’s tunes or someone else’s, run default it’s all up to you, so long as you end at 700pp no more no less.

That’s the fun of the first round, some don’t like their hands tied to sorts of tyres or weight/ power, so here you get the chance to pit your skills against your opponent’s skills.

You can post what car your using or post just the time of your hotlap (nod-nod, wink-wink) anything to put pressure on your opponent.

It’s a free round you choose, use every trick in the book to get the upper hand on your combatant.

Sorry to everyone if I didn’t make my self and the format clear enough but hope this helps.

Anyone have other quires post in thread or PM me.
Have fun. Phillip.

Last edited:
Just messing around on the controller, got 39:4. 1:39:012 i know what my limit is and its quite a bit lower then where im at now. Will get to the wheel on the weekend and post a decent laptime 👍

Last edited:
Just messing around on the controller, got 39:4. 1:39:012 i know what my limit is and its quite a bit lower then where im at now. Will get to the wheel on the weekend and post a decent laptime 👍

See you on the track then Mr Tortise 👍

See you on the track then Mr Tortise 👍

Looking forward to it Mr Davies :cheers:

Tried the GT-R managed a 1:38:915 858
and the Cali is at a 1:39:012 (both with controller)

If i remember correctly got a 38:6 with the wheel for the Cali event.
Will have a better indication of times on the weekend

Last edited:
Anyone seen Chunkee around?

PMed him a few days ok, but as yet, he hasn't read the message. We'll struggle to find a convenient time for a get-together now (before the 9th) too, having missed the opportunity to run at the weekend. With him in the UK and me down-under, someone's gonna be peddling at stoopid-o'clock... :crazy:

Anyone seen Chunkee around?

PMed him a few days ok, but as yet, he hasn't read the message. We'll struggle to find a convenient time for a get-together now (before the 9th) too, having missed the opportunity to run at the weekend. With him in the UK and me down-under, someone's gonna be peddling at stoopid-o'clock... :crazy:

I know Chunkee has been sick. Last sign on into PSN 12 days ago. And i think they extending round 1 until the next PD update

New time in the Cali. 1:38:487

Last edited:
Hi guys, just a quick look in, health wise no improvement so racing is a no no, i just mailed crazyhorse, explaining i cannot compete in this event and i wish him well in this age group. Im sorry if i caused any problems and am gutted i cannot compete and support the organisers of this event, till i can get back, all the best and good luck CM

Part of the format for round 2 in the Race of Decades. (please read it all)

Tom and Jerry are at Suzuka Raceway east. (cat & mouse)

3 races of 9 laps luck of the draw.

Mini Cooper S challenge best of three races.
You may tune anyway you like, but must be max pp for the race.

Race one; You’ve all seen it before, there is a crash first corner safety car comes out, the first car must wait for the second car to catch up by the Gykau bank curve ( See Map ). You then run as you would behind the safety car at reduced speed. The safety car lights go out just after (Gykau bank curve before Dunlop curve) and Safety car pits at the end of the lap, you can now race, but no overtaking till you past the start finishing line, as you would see in a F1 race.

Second race same as first, but change position 1st place in round one must be in 2nd you get the idea. Again you must run be hind safety car, so that both of you are now bumper to bumper till after last bend, no overtaking till you cross start finish line.

Third race luck of the draw, same rules as race 1 but hold your position who ever is drawn 1st stays first.

Good luck.

PS
This is a fun race, which should be heated and bumper to bumper for the whole 9 laps, as you can see we have tried to make it a little more interesting with a slight twist on the lining up on the grid and starting 30 seconds after the public race.

Play nice now guys, play fair, have fun and most of all have a laugh.

As this has been a request by some of the members

If you have any problem with not being able to do this race please let me know ASAP.

Special Note. Please read this.

As this is a rolling start race and a lap is around 56 seconds, it would be hard to line up on the grid and start the race 30 seconds after the public race, as the pubic race cars would be coming round to lap you, plus it would be difficult to finish before the countdown clock came into effect.

How to start race.

Rolling start, pull over off racing line so not to interfere with public race, slow down do not stop, wait for your opponent and drive in formation (bumper to bumper) till end of first lap, imagine your behind a safety car at reduced speed. Once you pass the pit lane on the first lap your rolling start race begins.

You should be one behind the other (bumper to bumper) the second place car cannot over take the first place car till after the start finish line.

3 races of 9 laps. Remember the first lap is just to get you together( line astern, bumper to bumper one behind the other) your rolling start race starts on lap two.

I hope this has made the start clear, if not don’t hesitate to contact me or post in the discussion thread.

Phillip.

Andy/Phillip.

The other event races in this round will be posted shortly on, Race of Decades round two Specifics.

Last edited:
Nice idea Phil
looks like fun

See you guys at fuji tonight and maybe a bit of suzuka east action!

Last edited:
Back