Race of Decades Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 91 comments
Liking the GTR at fuji with a best lap of 1'37.829

Are there like no speed limits in Australia? I haven't seen a single person on this forum from Australia that isn't Div 1 and putting up sick times. Just simply amazing!

Hi guys just thought I'd post here as there is no one racing. I did a time in a 350Z RS 1'40.750.

Hi guys just thought I'd post here as there is no one racing. I did a time in a 350Z RS 1'40.750.

Great time in the 350Z SA, its not the fastest of car round here, but nice to see how it stacks up against some of the others.
Phillip.

2.2 seconds faster than me. :grumpy:

Last edited:
If you guys have replays of free run laps, you can add them here 👍

http://www.gtdb.net/

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the info Maz.

I may have one for the Evo IX 1'39.667 if I saved the replay that is. You know me dont have a clue what im doing :scared:

Nope just looked didn't save it saved one at 1'40.374 beat it with a 1'40.087, pinched a little more wrote down my times then turned off PS3 without save replay, thats tipical of me.

Phillip.

haven't been here for a few days and I free run 3 laps and I finally manage to go sub 39...only just, but I'm sure I've got more in my locker.

1:38.990

crazyhorse (TORC_stonemonkey)

As your name is not in your profile I will not use it, on behalf of Andy, Steven, CM and myself, thanks very much for your kind words in #4 of Race of decades - Round 2 specifics.

We know that morale is low at the moment with the release of GT5 and GT5p being done to death, we are trying very hard to make this interesting with what we hope are new formats, pairings, score board news paper, anything really to keep the boredom at bay. But as you know, only the members can do that, the more effort they put into the event the more we all get out of it.

Big thanks to Andy and Steven for their hard work, as the next round and final round may get even harder.

Phillip.

Big thanks to Andy and Steven for their hard work, as the next round and final round may get even harder.
You make it seem as if I am one of the mods for the challenge, while actually you must take all the credits for it together with Ands 👍 and I am only the board updaterer :cool:

Board updated with imalexi's laptime.

Still unsure what happens if you loose in round 1, will round 2 be for everyone?

Still unsure what happens if you loose in round 1, will round 2 be for everyone?

Still unsure what happens if you lose in round 1, will round 2 be for everyone?

In short Steven Yes.

Sorry if I’ve not made it to clear, as it’s a race of decades only one can represent their decades from each group, who will race against the other group winner in the grand final.

But as I didn’t want to have members doing just one race then out if they lose (I wanted to keep everyone in the event as long as possible) they go into the 3rd and 4th place run off’s for their group.

I’m sure everyone has looked at the pairings page but if you look again under your group you’ll see (Losers from 1st round go into 3rd and 4th place run off) not that I expect your name to be in here, your going to WIN right.

I’m not going to go on boring anyone, I hope this has made it more clear.

Ps: the only thing I may do is if the members would like to stay in the event as long as possible, (there is no knockout round) is make the 3rd 4th place run off’s on a points basis. Where as you stay in the competition to its conclusion, up to the Grand Final as in the words of Queen “There can be only one “

So if any members would like to stay in the event to its conclusion please replay in Discussion Thread.
Points Basis YES
Points basis NO

Then everyone can see who would and who wouldn’t, I need to know before the next PD update.

Phillip.

Hi gents are these times in free air or while racing with other comrades. 👍 just asking

Hi gents are these times in free air or while racing with other comrades. 👍 just asking

Hi SA.

They should be under hotlap rules while testing I hope, i see no one has put with draft so should all be free air.

Phillip. 👍

All in event please read post #74

Last edited:
With the effort that's being put in, I'd be happy so stay see the event through to its conclusion. For me personally, if I get nudged out of the main show by a better racer, I wouldn't be too bothered about picking up any points thereafter - I think I'd prefer just enjoying the events, and cheering on those fellas still shooting for the big prize 👍

Oh... and it's Chris :)

Wow dranddad some much to do and not enough time. Thanks for organising so many great events I just hope I can get to do some of them as they all look very inviting. Once again thanks.

Wow dranddad some much to do and not enough time. Thanks for organising so many great events I just hope I can get to do some of them as they all look very inviting. Once again thanks.

Hi SA.

As there is only 1 head to head race in round one, then not to bad to fit in, round 2 head to head is only a short race and not the same connection problems as Fuji, thank god.

The other bits you can fit in anytime before update, just give it your best shot I'm sure you'll manage it. (don't want you getting bored now do we) :sly:

Phillip.

Edit: If you think its to much just say, we are just trying to give a good Variety, but without having the problems of PM,ing other members for H/H races all the time.

Edit: Race of Decades. Reminder 16th October.
We now only have two weekends left in this stage of PD update, before the next update by PD on the 29th October.

I made it so you only had one head to head to arrange in round one, then one in round two, giving the different times zone and personal life making it as easy as possible.

Could you now please get these out the way asap, as not to keep your fellow members waiting.

Thanks Phillip.

Last edited:
Just did my race against CT. As I was confident I wasn't going to win I wasn't having the shivering feeling I normally have a race. I took the lead after the start because of the GTR's acceleration. During the race we had a GTdriver whom I think wanted to race with us. He was being fair though, and didnt cause any trouble. CT had some insane grip at 100r and overtook me in that very corner on lap 8 (I think), he lost grip on the exit however and went off the track. I managed to maintain my lead with some mediocre laps and claimed the glory!
Thanks for the race CT. I will enjoy my victory as I believe it will probably the last one against you ;)

Congratulations Cal, commiserations CT.

Sounds like it was a good battle, shame I missed it, but still all to play for with how ever more races you have in round one, plus you can pull back lost points in round two’s head to head, Hot lap and Time trial.

I see Steve (GTP_Devie) is giving all his got with the times he’s posting in Round 2 specifics
Phillip.

Hi guys.

Round 2 Suzuka East, Eiger and Daytona Road.

Great times put in

Last edited:
Great stuff Phillip!

Will post my laps into the Round 2 Thread this evening, just didn't get around to it yet.

Looking forward to what Andy and you've got up the sleeve for round 3 :)

Updated my Round 2 stuff to include the Mini Head-to-Head results. Lots of great fun this round has been - man I feel like I should get paid for all this hard work of doing 3 things per round - I'd be willing to give Phil and Andy a cut since they set all this up. :lol:

Ok Phil, I'll add my Mini results as asked.

Errr ... no results to report. My opponent VRRM and me had trouble getting in contact tho I feel I tried harder than he :nervous: but then again, he IS on the other side of the planet so it's hard enough as it is to make an appointment.

TT and free run times posted in the round 2 thread as ordered :)

Calling all members in the teen’s age group that would like to take part in the, Race of Decades final and represent their Decade.

If you’re a new member and would like to have ago that’s fine don’t be shy, its all just a bit of fun.

If you would like to take part please put your name down in a reply.

Example.
GTP_imupforit

PSN_countmein

I’ll-have-ago

It will be decided by a qualifier who goes through on fastest time to represent their Decade, please put your name down as soon as possible, the final will take place next month after the next PD update on 28th Jan 2010.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Back