Race of decades - Round 2 specifics

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 70 comments
England
Emerging from semi-retirement
GTP_DGiant2000
I think not
This round will be split into 3 parts, a head to head race and two time trial elements. This is to allow those who have completed round 1, and are waiting to find out their opponent, to continue with the competition. So, without further ado!

Part 1

Tom and Jerry are at Suzuka Raceway east. (cat & mouse)

minik.jpg

3 races of 9 laps luck of the draw.

Mini Cooper S challenge best of three races.
You may tune anyway you like, but must be max pp for the race.

Race one; You’ve all seen it before, there is a crash first corner safety car comes out, the first car must wait for the second car to catch up by the Gykau bank curve ( See Map ). You then run as you would behind the safety car at reduced speed. The safety car lights go out just after (Gykau bank curve before Dunlop curve) and Safety car pits at the end of the lap, you can now race, but no overtaking till you past the start finishing line, as you would see in a F1 race.

Second race same as first, but change position 1st place in round one must be in 2nd you get the idea. Again you must run be hind safety car, so that both of you are now bumper to bumper till after last bend, no overtaking till you cross start finish line.

Third race luck of the draw, same rules as race 1 but hold your position who ever is drawn 1st stays first.

Good luck.

PS
This is a fun race, which should be heated and bumper to bumper for the whole 9 laps, as you can see we have tried to make it a little more interesting with a slight twist on the lining up on the grid and starting 30 seconds after the public race.

Play nice now guys, play fair, have fun and most of all have a laugh.

As this has been a request by some of the members

If you have any problem with not being able to do this race please let me know ASAP.

Special Note. Please read this.

As this is a rolling start race and a lap is around 56 seconds, it would be hard to line up on the grid and start the race 30 seconds after the public race, as the pubic race cars would be coming round to lap you, plus it would be difficult to finish before the countdown clock came into effect.

How to start race (please practise the start procedure)

Rolling start, pull over off racing line so not to interfere with public race, slow down do not stop, wait for your opponent and drive in formation (bumper to bumper) till end of first lap, imagine your behind a safety car at reduced speed. Once you pass the pit lane on the first lap your rolling start race begins.

You should be one behind the other (bumper to bumper) the second place car cannot over take the first place car till after the start finish line.

3 races of 9 laps. Remember the first lap is just to get you together( line astern, bumper to bumper one behind the other) your rolling start race starts on lap two.

I hope this has made the start clear, if not don’t hesitate to contact me or post in the discussion thread.

Phillip.

Deadline 29th October (events update)

Part 2

Hotlap at Eiger.

eigermountain.gif

Online - expert pp600/awd Eiger Nordwand pro - free run

Racers may select any AWD car, tuned to exactly 600pp and attempt to set a faster lap time than your opponent. Once you are happy with your lap, please save it using the 'save best lap replay' option. These can then be posted in this thread to be checked once the deadline has passed.

Deadline 29th October (events update)

Part 3

Time Trial at Daytona Road

nsxi.jpg

Arcade - time trial - Daytona road

Similar to the hotlap at Eiger, the aim is to set the fastest lap in time trial mode. Racers must use the Honda NSX on S2 tyres. As with Eiger, please save your best lap replay ready for verification once the deadline has passed. This should be run offline

Please note T1 and T2 splits may be discussed in this thread, along with car choice but please do not post overall lap times.

Last edited:
Round 2

Eiger 600pp AWD Hot lap Event Race

GTP_Eriba | T1 28.730 | T2 49.325 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group forties/over | Wheel

GTP_Eriba | T1 29.980 | T2 50.752 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group forties/over | Wheel

The teacher said I have to tell you my car, don’t want detention.

Get the gears in motion, see I'm going to have a hard time on this one :scared: not a AWD fan.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Not giving away your car again eh Phillip?! Going to have a go in a minute (just to say discussing car choice and settings is encouraged here!)

Edit: Got you!

GTP_DGiant2000 | T1 - 28.889 | T2 - 49.808 | Subaru Impreza wrx '05| Group Thirties

Last edited:
First run at the Eiger...

TORC_stonemonkey | T1 - 28.061 | T2 - 48.590 | Subaru Impreza WRX '05| Group Forties/Over | Wheel (G25)

Will try the NSX next, just so I've a time in the bag 👍

Phillip & Andy -- Love the make-up of Round 2, fellas... I appreciate the thought & effort you are both putting in... Steven too. Thanks :)

First run at Daytona Road...

TORC_stonemonkey | T1 - 0:32.853 | T2 - 1:00.396 | Honda NSX | Group Forties/Over | Wheel (G25)

Couldn't manage to put a really good lap together, mostly due to trouble finding consistency on turn exits - while she's stable enough with appropriate feathering, oversteer is always a few revs away... that, and a loose tail out of the chicane... but I guess that's the fun :cool:

Only problem with this combo is having to do a 2 minute out lap - it's a little frustrating! I could throttle the bloke who chose where the rolling start begins... bloomin' idiot :grumpy:

:)

Round 2

Daytona Road Time Trial lap Event Race

GTP_Eriba | T1 32.774 | T2 1'00.254| Honda NSX| Group forties/over | Wheel

Like Chris I too lost the tail end a little and, coming out the chicane :scared: back end, so maybe a little more to come from this.

Phillip.

Slight improvement in the early sectors (...I'm just about on par with dranddad now), but took 0.5 off my overall lap. However, unless I can find some new lines (...or some talent!), I'm almost at my maximum with this combo :boggled:

TORC_stonemonkey | T1 - 0:32.661 | T2 - 1:00.214 | Honda NSX | Group Forties/Over | Wheel (G25) 👍

Hi guys,

First run at Daytona road yielded these splits,

GTP_Crispy74 | T1 - 0:32.676 | T2 - 1:00.272 | Honda NSX | Group Thirties | Wheel

Lots of time to make up on this one as it was a pretty scrappy lap with waaaayy too much tyre squeeling, but I'll have another crack this evening and hopefully have a time to put up on the Eiger 600pp Eiger 👍

Chris

Last edited:
Round 2:

Daytona Road

GTP_DEVIE | T1-32.403| T2-59.942| Honda NSX | Group Twenties | G25

Eiger

GTP_DEVIE | T1-28.047| T2-48.382| Subaru Impreza WRX'05 | Group Twenties | G25

Havent put many laps in,but fairly happy with them for first attempt. Definetly some more time to shave off. :)

Last edited:
Round 2

GTP_Eriba | T1 28.360 | T2 48.783 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group forties/over | Wheel

Just can't find that extra grip.

Found a little more grip with these times but cought the fence on the right after T2 timing point, although not a red time not clean, still trying.

Edit T1 28.107 | T2 48.603 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri

Great times your all putting in.

Last edited:
Improvement at Daytona Road:

GTP_DEVIE | T1- 32.238 | T2- 59.662 | Honda NSX | Twenties Group | G25

Could have got a quicker exit out of Bus Stop,but was a really fun lap. Very sensitive handling creates a good challenge. 👍

Tomorrow I'll update the boards and also do my Fuji race with Cam (finally!) after which I'll see what I can do with the races for round 2, perhaps even in time before the events update :scared:

Tomorrow I'll update the boards and also do my Fuji race with Cam (finally!) after which I'll see what I can do with the races for round 2, perhaps even in time before the events update :scared:

Thanks Steven.

Good luck in your race tomorrow, I look forward to racing the looser, i hope its not you though.

Phillip 👍

ps quick note to all, if you've not got a hotlap or time trial time in.

Please give them a go these are good fun :sly:

Save your best laptime on both to submit after PD update.

I hope we can all fit in the Mini challenge at suzuka east too, that race is :crazy: stuff.

Last edited:
Board renewed - change the final url 2 into 3 for the NSX stuff.

EDIT first laps in both combos yielded some meager splits:

Eiger:
GTP_Steven | T1- 30.333 | T2- 51.345 | Subaru Impreza '05 | Oldies Group | DFGT

Daytona Road:
GTP_Steven | T1- 33.833 | T2- 1'02.320 | Honda NSX | Oldies Group | DFGT

Last edited:
Suzuka East Mini challenge for anyone that would like to join in.

Luck of the Draw who is first controls the rolling start on lap one.
All other cars must line up behind and cannot over take till after the Finish Line.

Start time 07, 22, 37, 52

See detail below in Race of Decades

You may Tune anyway you like so long as its 550pp

Read details of rolling start on lap two.

Edit. I have my two replays one for T/T NSX at Daytona Road and H/L Eiger 600pp AWD saved ready to submit after PD Update.

Last edited:
Raced GTP_LinPark today, and was soundly beaten 2-1 :cool:

A gentlemen, and very pacey, LP skooled me in race one, with a winning margin of around 6 secs! It was then 2-0, after a much closer affair in race two (couple of tenths the margin), but LP was still much the quicker man. I followed LP for most of the last race, using the tow to stay in touch, and passed down the straight at the start of lap 10, holding on until the flag (and adding some scant-deserved respectability to my score!) :)

Congrats to GTP_LinPark... far too good for me in that combo, mate 👍

Raced GTP_LinPark today, and was soundly beaten 2-1 :cool:

A gentlemen, and very pacey, LP skooled me in race one, with a winning margin of around 6 secs! It was then 2-0, after a much closer affair in race two (couple of tenths the margin), but LP was still much the quicker man. I followed LP for most of the last race, using the tow to stay in touch, and passed down the straight at the start of lap 10, holding on until the flag (and adding some scant-deserved respectability to my score!) :)

Congrats to GTP_LinPark... far too good for me in that combo, mate 👍

Thanks for the kind words - all my practice paid off. Had we raced a few practices first the outcome most likely would have been different. Good luck in the Eiger and Daytona Road trials!!!!

Daytona Road

GTP_DGiant2000 | T1-33.073| T2-1'00.756| Honda NSX | Group Thirties | DS3

Eiger

GTP_DGiant2000 | T1-28.538| T2-49.059| Subaru Impreza WRX'05 | Group Thirties | DS3

DR - NSX:
GTP_Ren831 | T1-32.597| T2-1'00.111| Honda NSX | Group Thirties | DFGT

Last edited:
How does one see the sector times?

They don't show in the fastest lap replay that I can see.

And I have a mind like a goldfish when driving (and generally) (lol) i.e. I rarely notice sector times and forget them halfway through the next corner?

Rob

How does one see the sector times?

They don't show in the fastest lap replay that I can see.

And I have a mind like a goldfish when driving (and generally) (lol) i.e. I rarely notice sector times and forget them halfway through the next corner?

Rob

Watch the replays from the main menu. You'll see sector times.

TT update from me:

Daytona Road:
GTP_Steven | T1- 33.370 | T2- 1'01.256 | Honda NSX | Oldies Group | DFGT

... and about 2.5 seconds off the full lap :)

Ahha I zee said the blind man. Thanks.

Eiger:
T1 - 28.019 | T2 - 48.482 | WRX 05 | Old Guys | G25

Daytona Road:

T1 - 32.561 | T2 - 100.211 | NSX | Old Guys | G25

Last edited:
Back