Race of decades - Round 2 specifics

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 70 comments
Yep second the thanks for the enormous amount of work that has been put into this.

Sorry to be a pain but buggered if I can get the lap replays to turn into zip files or work out how to upload them (despite the advice and instruction page you gave Phil) I don't get it. Whichever of the times was done in Arcade mode - the NSX I think, was done online so the time is visible in the track / car list.

What is the next race / event for us to do?

I'll try to help.

First another thing, though: Besides that the NSX was supposed to be driven off-line (to prevent your competitors to see what you've got) it doesn't help because unless you're in the Top 10 your replay can't be downloaded to see whether it's "clean" or not. Made the same mistake btw and put my NSX lap in online, too :lol:

To your subject:

1.) Format a usb stick (FAT32) (that's a cluster size format, if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about just nevermind and go ahead anyway:lol:)
(if you can't format it cause of other data on it or whatever at least make sure there is NOT a folder called PS3 on it)

2.) Put the formatted USB stick into your Playstation

3.) From the X-Menu choose the file you need, press the triangle button and choose copy. Your USB Stick should pop up in the choices. Chose it, done.

4.) Put the usb stick in your PC. Now you should find a folder called PS3 on it. Simply right click on that folder and choose "send to". From here choose "Zip compressed folder".

(PS: It's easiest not to "mess" with the contents of this PS3 folder. Just pack the whole thing as is...)

5. The Zip-file created you can now rename as you wish. This is then the file you choose to up load.

I didn't read the instruction myself just now. Probably I did not write anything new, but maybe it helps you anyways...

Cheers
Ren

Last edited:
Here are my RoD:Round 2 Replay Files. :)

Attachments

• GTP_CAMikaze-RoD_Round 2.rar
    211.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Ren & Phil,

Attached are the zip file made from the best lap saves:

Attachments

• replay1.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 6
  • replay2.zip
    130 KB · Views: 6
I had my delayed race with Rob (TORRC_VRRM) today. He let me pick the combo, and I choose the R8 at Fuji 600 4WD. For a tune I decided on the S3 tyres to make it an all-or-nothing race for me :) which prooved malicious as I managed to spin twice during the 5 lap race, in which only one other guy raced.

Well done Rob, you are clearly in another league than me :D and I hope you make it to win our oldies decade group and maybe even manage to show the youngsters how it's properly done.

👍

Any chance of a quick release of the round 3 specs, Andy and Phil?

I

Any chance of a quick release of the round 3 specs, Andy and Phil?

I will try and post these asap in order to give people time to practise and participate, just a couple of minor details need to be ironed out. Unfortunately work seems to be getting in the way of GT5p at the moment which is unnacceptable I'm sure you'll agree :lol:

My sincere apologies... I've sort of been 'out of commission' over the last week or two, but will post my free-run replays tomorrow :)

Big congrats to LinPark... esp. on a fantastic run at the Eiger... awesome time, and much props 👍

Catching up with the posts, I continue to be impressed with the work going on behind the scenes - fabulous effort, fellas. My thanks... :cheers:

Well done Rob, you are clearly in another league than me and I hope you make it to win our oldies decade group and maybe even manage to show the youngsters how it's properly done.

Thanks for the fair race Steven and the kind words. It's easy to appear to be in a different league when one's opponent spins a couple of times as a result of an unfamiliar edgy tune.

As for the rest we'll see how far it goes.

Regards

Rob

Last edited:
My sincere apologies... I've sort of been 'out of commission' over the last week or two, but will post my free-run replays tomorrow :)

Big congrats to LinPark... esp. on a fantastic run at the Eiger... awesome time, and much props 👍

Catching up with the posts, I continue to be impressed with the work going on behind the scenes - fabulous effort, fellas. My thanks... :cheers:

Sorry to hear you’ve been out of commission last few days Chris, I was wondering where you were hope your back on top form again now and in the hunt for 3rd place, along with Steven, Camikaze and myself.

Race of Decades round 2 summaries. (Andy & Phillip)

I must say we’ve been watching you(Chris) and Lin very close throughout the event, along with Calcifer, Devie and Crazytortise. Secretively in the back of my mind with the races Andy and I came up with, we tried to iron out some of the advantage in abilities, look at (Daytona vs Eiger) one shines in one, one in another then the Mini where its anybodies game.

I know from some of the replies we’ve had it didn’t go down to well with some but maybe now you’ll see why Andy and I chose this mix of races.

Twenties group Devie, Calcifer Crazytortise and LP2K, we all know that GTP_Devie (Steve) is one of the top driver at GTP, but would you believe there is only one point separating first and second place in their group. Unfortunately CT has lost his times for this round so I’ve had to award minimum points along with LP2K, maybe they can selvedge something to take 3rd place over all in group, but who knows they could get lucky and take full points in this next round that will put the cat amidst the pigeons.
I think we should all take our hats off to this group, with the odd numbers they have done more races than anyone else and really tried hard to make their group work so far. Well done the Twenties. 👍

GTP_Steven and GTP_Camikaze are re-matched in round 3 (grudge match maybe) but it’ll be interesting to see the out come of what’s in store in this next round.

Ok quick word about round 3, we have cut back on races due to feedback and time left before next PD update, to 1 H2H and 1 hot lap, all will be reviled when Andy gets the chance to post it. Andy has been very busy at work so hang in there he’ll have round 3 posted in good time to complete.

This being the last round before the Final where the overall winner in group, goes on to represent his/her Decade against the other group winners. We were hoping for one member from each group, but with the very poor showing from the teens, not one member having taken part it now makes it very awkward for the final.

So if anybody has any 💡 suggestions I’m all ears, please use the Discussion Thread work on a complete PD update time frame, then we know there is plenty of time to complete with no pressure.

Ps: One more small note, for those who are interested I’m working on ROD 2, which will run up till the release date cough cough (GT5 March 2010) with a slight twist on ROD1 being more tactical. So we’ll always have something to do, serious stuff with OLR team WRS, fun stuff with ROD2.

Big Thanks to everyone for making the event work.

Andy & Phillip. 👍

Just for my own house-keeping (I know these are old hat), but I thought I should post my replays... as the event asked. Sorry fellas :embarrassed:

Attachments

• ROD_1&2_Free Runs.zip
    489.3 KB · Views: 7
Back