Race of decades - Round 2 specifics

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 70 comments
Not too happy with the lap ('cause I know where I'm loosing out every time), just couldn't string 3 good sectors together.... But time's up so here we are:

Eiger:
T1 - 27.910 | T2 - 48.592 | WRX 05 | Thirties | DFGT

Ok I think we have now finally got all the results done for the close of round one.
If you didn’t win in round one you go into the 3rd and 4th place run off which you can see under the main pairing here on the pairings page. Pairings Page please view this page for your group.

Note there is no knock out.

Round two is also coming to a close, as with PD update we then lose these events as you well know. If you can manage to get the Mini challenge done it’s a bonus, you should all have your Hot lap Eiger AWD 600pp fastest lap replays, plus Time trial NSX fastest lap replay saved. These are to be posted in the Round two thread here. Race of decades - Round 2 specifics. Any time after the PD update on Thursday.

The main pairings will be as normal ie you need to win two out of the three races in this round 2. Winner goes through, loser go into the 3rd and 4th place run off’s along with the losers from the 1st round.

Group 30’s & 40’s only those that lost in 1st round and are completing round 2 will be working on a points basis, obviously the more races you’ve done in round two the more points you’ll score, these points will carry forward into round three.

I know we have lost one or two due to health, PS3/router and other problems, we all hope CM is getting better and others with hardware problems get them sorted and back races asap.

One or two have not been seen or heard of, Due to this we had odd numbers, so we had to move the goal posts a little to keep everyone in the event and running as smooth as possible, this has cost Andy and myself many hours of hard work, but we hope with your help the rest of the event will run like clock work.

Keep coming back to the pairings page, this is updated as soon as I get a result not at the end of each round. Watch each round specifics, if members drop out become ill or have problems things may change.

Andy and I will do our best to make it run smooth, but only you can make it work.

any other info you need pm me or use the discusion thread.

Edit

GTP_Phil vs GTP_Eriba

Suzy east Mini

We raced tonight around 10.30pm, I think Phil had been out watching football and had one too many, as he was clearly of the pace, like the gentleman he is after the first race he could see he was well under par and I was expecting a good thrashing, never mind a driving lesson.

GTP_Phil forfeited the race.

Not the way I like to win, I quiet enjoy a good driving lesson by somebody as good as Phil.

Thanks for the race and your time Phil, look forward to your replays from hot lap and time trial.

Last edited:
So are we to post our laptimes for Eiger and DR in this thread any time today?

I haven't been able to meet VRRM online and doubt if we will today :(

Round 2

Suzuka East Mini Winner GTP_Eriba (forfeit)

Daytona Road Time Trial Full lap Event Race

GTP_Eriba | 2'00.500| Honda NSX| Group forties/over | Wheel

Eiger 600pp AWD Hot lap Event Race

GTP_Eriba | 1'08.234 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group forties/over | Wheel

These are my Full lap times for both.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-3A457A67005.zip
    106.7 KB · Views: 7
  • BCES00104-RPLY2-B-85951B71001.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GTP_DGiant2000 | 2'03.058| Honda NSX| Group thirties | stupid controller

GTP_DGiant2000 | 1'08.918 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group thirties | stupid controller

Replay to follow as soon as I can get near my PS3 (why oh why did I buy her uncharted 2?!?!)

Giving up now, also because I see the huge gap with Andy and Phil that are hopeless to bridge and knowing how strong my competitor in round 2 is ...

GTP_Steven | 2'06.625| Honda NSX| Group oldies | DFGT

GTP_Steven | 1'11.884 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group oldies | DFGT

TBH 3 races in one round is a bit too much for my limited wheel time, perhaps better to make more rounds with less races per round?

Just my €0,01 :D

Giving up now, also because I see the huge gap with Andy and Phil that are hopeless to bridge and knowing how strong my competitor in round 2 is ...

TBH 3 races in one round is a bit too much for my limited wheel time, perhaps better to make more rounds with less races per round?

Just my €0,01 :D

I also gave up on the HL & TT almost a week ago about 23rd wasn't getting anywhere with them.

Noted re more rounds less races, Suggestions, next update will be 26th November, how many rounds would you like and races in that time.

We were wondering if one head to head one hot lap one time trial was to much to ask.

As we will be hoping to post asap to give maximum time to complete before 26th Nov pd update.

Thanks for you suggestions Steven.

Phillip.

Here's what I got...
Eiger Norwand
GTP_CAMikaze | 1'13.511 | GT-R '07 | Over 40's | DFP

Daytona Road Course
GTP_CAMikaze | 2'04.636 | NSX | Over 40's | DFP
Didn't think of choosing the WRX for Eiger and I guess it shows.:embarrassed:

Last edited:

GTP_alexi | 1'08.068 | Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X | Group Thirties | Wheel

Wish I could of got in the 07's but just couldn't get rid of the mistakes.

Last edited:
Daytona Road Time Trial:

GTP_DEVIE|1'59.199|Honda NSX|Group Twenties|Wheel

Eiger 600pp Hot Lap:

GTP_DEVIE|1'07.632|Subaru WRX STI 05|Group Twenties|Wheel

Will post replays later tonight. 👍

Not exactly pleased with my Daytona Road lap but its time to get this over with.

Daytona Road Time Trial:

GTP_LinPark|2'00.228|Honda NSX|Over 40's|Wheel

Eiger 600PP Hot Lap:

GTP_LinPark|1'07.516|Subaru WRX STI 05|Over 40's|Wheel

Mini Suz East Head-to-Head:

Won Race 1 - Won Race 2 - Lost Race 3

Here are my replays:

Attachments

• RoD Round 2 Laps LinPark.rar
    237.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Alexi could you up your replay? I dont trust you. No just kidding ofc :sly: I wanna learn from it. Thanks in advance.

Here my results for Round 2

Suzuka East Mini => didn't happen, SA and I were lucky to get Fuji sorted out...

Fuji "Run what you brung" => Winner Ren

Daytona Road Time Trial Full lap Event Race: GTP_Ren831 | 1'59.945| Honda NSX| Group Thirties | Wheel

Eiger 600pp AWD Hot lap Event Race GTP_Ren831 | 1'07.913 | Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05| Group Thirties | Wheel
(could that car name be any longer?)

Thanks again for all the hard work gents! 👍

These are the corresponding replays:

Attachments

• GTP_Ren831 - Eiger 600PP - Impreza '05 - 1'07.913.zip
    109 KB · Views: 9
  • GTP_Ren831 - DR TT - Honda NSX - 1.59.945.zip
    126.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Here are my replays:

Didnt manage any Mini races unfortunately.

Attachments

• Eiger 600 Awd WRX 05.zip
    126.8 KB · Views: 8
  • GTP_DEVIE Daytona Road NSX.zip
    111.1 KB · Views: 8
Do you guys have a log of which replay's have been verified? I can take some time this weekend to go through them if you tell me which ones need work.

Thanks!

Steven & I didn't get to do Suzuka East - my fault for not understanding the comp till late - was looking at the wrong page.

TT results

Eiger 1.07.896 |WRX05 | oldguy | G25
Daytona Road 1.59.842 | NSX02 | same old guy | G25

Steven & I didn't get to do Suzuka East - my fault for not understanding the comp till late - was looking at the wrong page.

TT results

Ok with mini rob, as you know its our first event for Andy and myself, I was just trying to get all the info in one place to make it easier for myself to sort through.

Fantastic times on Eiger and Daytona.

Do you guys have a log of which replay's have been verified? I can take some time this weekend to go through them if you tell me which ones need work.

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind offer Lin, any help we are greatful for. Obviously
check your opponents replays maybe post here the out come resault.

GTP_Linpark vs Torc_Stonemonkey replay 👍 or 👎
Winner XXX_xxxxx 2-1

We are learning, would like to make it an interactive event, where we all make it work.

If you do manage to look at others maybe a small list posted in here.
GTP_Canicutmustard (Teen’s) 👍
GTP_Imcomplacent (Twenties)👎
GTP_Complacentme (Thirties)👎
Torc_Overthehill (forties/and over)👍

:lol:

It's all just a bit of fun, save us twiddling our thumbs.

Phillip.

Here are my lousy times. Didn't make the Mini challenge unfortunately.

Daytona Road Time Trial:

GTP_Calcifer|2'00.538|Honda NSX|Group Twenties|Wheel

Eiger 600PP Hot Lap:

GTP_Calcifer|1'08.890|Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X|Group Twenties|Wheel

Hmmm, I've got my TT laps saved but have no idea how to zip them or get them out of the ps3 to the forum? Any advice welcome.

These results are in no particular order
With only one round left before the ROD final, we’ve cut back on what was planed for this round, as it was proving too difficult.
Thanks to everyone that’s taken part so far in making it work.

PM from Torc_Stonemonkey. (Chris)

Hi Phillip,

Haven't been able to find too much time for racing lately, so I've had to go with my times posted in the thread from some time ago. They are:

TORC_stonemonkey | 1'59.815 | Honda NSX | Group Forties/Over | Wheel (G25)

TORC_stonemonkey | 1'07.799 | Eiger 600PP (Impreza '05) | Group Forties/Over | Wheel (G25)

I think LinPark will have me beat, but I'm happy to stay involved for the lower-place run-offs

Love the event...

chris

GTP_Linpark

Not exactly pleased with my Daytona Road lap but its time to get this over with.

Daytona Road Time Trial:

GTP_LinPark|2'00.228|Honda NSX|Over 40's|Wheel

Eiger 600PP Hot Lap:

GTP_LinPark|1'07.516|Subaru WRX STI 05|Over 40's|Wheel

Mini Suz East Head-to-Head:

Won Race 1 - Won Race 2 - Lost Race 3

GTP_Calcifer

Here are my lousy times. Didn't make the Mini challenge unfortunately.

Daytona Road Time Trial:

GTP_Calcifer|2'00.538|Honda NSX|Group Twenties|Wheel

Eiger 600PP Hot Lap:

GTP_Calcifer|1'08.890|Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X|Group Twenties|Wheel

GTP_Devie

Daytona Road Time Trial:

GTP_DEVIE|1'59.199|Honda NSX|Group Twenties|Wheel

Eiger 600pp Hot Lap:

GTP_DEVIE|1'07.632|Subaru WRX STI 05|Group Twenties|Wheel

GTP_Steven

Just my €0,01

Torc_vrrm

TT results

GTP_DGiant2000

GTP_DGiant2000 | 2'03.058| Honda NSX| Group thirties | stupid controller

GTP_DGiant2000 | 1'08.918 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group thirties | stupid controller

GTP_Ren831

Suzuka East Mini => didn't happen, SA and I were lucky to get Fuji sorted out...

Fuji "Run what you brung" => Winner Ren

Daytona Road Time Trial Full lap Event Race: GTP_Ren831 | 1'59.945| Honda NSX| Group Thirties | Wheel

Eiger 600pp AWD Hot lap Event Race GTP_Ren831 | 1'07.913 | Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05| Group Thirties | Wheel
(could that car name be any longer?)

Thanks again for all the hard work gents!

GTP_alexi

GTP_Camikaze

Here's what I got...
Eiger Norwand
GTP_CAMikaze | 1'13.511 | GT-R '07 | Over 40's | DFP

Daytona Road Course
GTP_CAMikaze | 2'04.636 | NSX | Over 40's | DFP

Didn't think of choosing the WRX for Eiger and I guess it shows.

GTP_Eriba

Suzuka East Mini Winner GTP_Eriba (forfeit)

GTP_Eriba | 2'00.500| Honda NSX| Group forties/over | Wheel

GTP_Eriba | 1'08.234 | Subaru Impreza wrx sri| Group forties/over | Wheel

Still waiting for one or two results but I’ve updated the pairings/results page with what I’ve got up to date. Results/Pairings.

Last edited:
Huge amounts of work in there Phil ... 👍

Uploading my replays today for who's interested.

What I see is that I'm in the 3rd/4th place runoff in my age class, and am supposed to race Kamikaze again, but I can't find what race to race against him?

Sorry for being ignorant if so :)

EDIT replays added.

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    231.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yep second the thanks for the enormous amount of work that has been put into this.

Sorry to be a pain but buggered if I can get the lap replays to turn into zip files or work out how to upload them (despite the advice and instruction page you gave Phil) I don't get it. Whichever of the times was done in Arcade mode - the NSX I think, was done online so the time is visible in the track / car list.

What is the next race / event for us to do?

Back