RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
I've tried 47 AI on the Nordschleife a few times, didn't go too bad. I always started at the back of the grid and there was a couple of traffic jams towards the start from someone loosing it, but if I don't try to win the race in the first couple of miles the traffic thins out and the racing if fine. Haven't tried a multi-lap race to see if there's a chance of catching the leaders. Performance isn't bad either, with 15 AI and starting from the back, I was getting about 68 FPS the then 90-120 for the rest. With 47 AI, again starting from the back, I was getting 55 FPS then 70-110 once things spread out some.
It's always going to be challenging starting with such a large grid, and would need a long race to place up the leaderboard. I had one race where an accident on maybe the 4 or 5 turn allowed me to jump 8-9 places but very easy to get caught up in the accidents if pushing too hard to soon.
Loving this sim, my favorite of all (pCARS, AC, AMS, rF2, Dirt Rally, ...) especially after the latest updates.

Loving this sim, my favorite of all (pCARS, AC, AMS, rF2, Dirt Rally, ...) especially after the latest updates.
I got back into it due to the Easter sale, and i'm also very impressed with their progress and the new content. Just bought the Nordschleife pack yesterday, and to me it is the best version available. Curbs seem to be a lot higher than in other sims if i'm not mistaken and i like how the 24 layout has all the stuff happening trackside, whilst the Tourist version is empty.

Had a scare when crossing the finish line in the tourist version though, they didn't put the fences on the back straight like in AC, but make you drive through an invisible wall and it gave quite a bang :D

Also the physics and FFB feel great and a lot more direct and stronger than AC's, although AC is brilliant too but in a more subtle way. Great times for sim racing IMO :cheers:

I agree. This is most definitely my favourite sim. I've struggled to enjoy assetto corsa. Enjoyed PCARS for a while. And don't have time to waste on the console contenders.
Raceroom is by far the most authentic racing sim I've used to date.

Temporary my favourite game to Play next to my rFactor.

This game is really amazing in nearly every aspect. Sounds, Cars, tracks and physics are spot on. Amazing!
Sad to see that still this isn't as recognized by many People only due to the vRPs. I actually don't like it either. But what you get for your Money is really amazing!

Btw. does anybody know if multiclass races come to SP soon?
They even promoted it in one of their latest vids:

Nice pic in pic video.

The question is: is it worth buying?

Haven't pulled the trigger so it would be nice to hear some feedback/opinions.
Yes, here's a copy paste of what i wrote on the S3 forum:

"Picked it up yesterday, best single seater experience for me since the Formula BMW in Racepro (Race 07).
Like stated here, most single seaters in racing game feel light and 'on rails', you tend to feel FFB only when riding kerbs, but with this one it really does feel like a hard springed Formula car, you feel the suspension and what the tyres are doing as there's tons of feedback from the road, and it has a good wheel weight to it also.

Nice that a special sound effect was added for when tyres make contact with each other during races, and that you can hear the cockpit rattle when the car is shaken around. Most devs wouldn't even bother with implementing that, so it shows the care and attention S3 puts in making each car a proper experience
thumbs_up.png
"

ADAC 2015 includes new skins and of course the Bentley. But since the Bentley is also available in the GTR3 class I just grabbed one skin for it in that class, so I could race all GT3 against each other (like I suspect many people do).

For me the latest updates weren't about GT3, though... The physics updates for Group 5 and the new GTO pack are the stand-out content in R3E right now. They are just awesome fun to drive because of the superb FFB, good AI, great track selection and most importantly 600-900 bhp monsters with no aero, low grip and bonkers turbo lag.

If driving one of those doesn't put a huge grin on your face, I think you're not meant to be a simracer :)

Back