RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
First pointless pack I've seen.

Why (if you already have the GT Masters Experience) would you buy this?

GTM fans will buy it. And its cheap. Only around 6 € if you own the 2014 GTM. There are people out there who buy every year an F1 or Football Game for full price so...

I just don't get why so few people play this game.. It is such a good game, the AI is phenomenal and so are the graphics and handling. It has 3 DTM Season's, 3 ADAC GT Season's, 3 WTCC Season's and many many more.

Anyway this ADAC GT Masters 2015 expension pack is out now. Looks amazing. I will definitely buy it together with the 2013 and 2014 season ones i have my G920.

2013 and 2014 ADAC come as an "experience" which you can play specifically using the official rules of the series when it comes to race settings. 2015 is just the set of cars and liveries to be used in the default RaceRoom "experience" (which lets you run all cars and tracks with any race configuration).

I'd say there is little point in the 2013/2014 liveries, so instead you are better off getting the following:
- ADAC 2015
- European track pack
- US track pack
- any stand-alone tracks you like

Then if you want to try other types of racing, the most interesting ones at the moment are DTM 2015, WTCC 2015, Group 5, DTM 1992, GTO and the Formula Raceroom cars. Depends on what types of cars appeal most.

2013 and 2014 ADAC come as an "experience" which you can play specifically using the official rules of the series when it comes to race settings. 2015 is just the set of cars and liveries to be used in the default RaceRoom "experience" (which lets you run all cars and tracks with any race configuration).

I'd say there is little point in the 2013/2014 liveries, so instead you are better off getting the following:
- ADAC 2015
- European track pack
- US track pack
- any stand-alone tracks you like

Then if you want to try other types of racing, the most interesting ones at the moment are DTM 2015, WTCC 2015, Group 5, DTM 1992, GTO and the Formula Raceroom cars. Depends on what types of cars appeal most.

Well i read that both 2013 and 2015 do not have the "experience" factor in the expension pack.
What are the differences between the expansion packs from ADAC GT Masters that have the "experience" and the ones that don't?

I was also thinking about buying the DTM Season's '13, '14 and '15 ones i was finished with the ADAC GT Masters seasons. Sinds most of the tracks from the DTM packs are the same as from the ADAC GT packs, it would be cheaper right?

Couldn't resist the 50% off sale, bought a couple of things.

Is it me, or have the AI got better at first turn bunching at some point in the last month or so?

To keep things up to date, GT3 pack was released a while ago which would be a tempting entry to R3E for newbies:

http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/gtr3-pack

And the KTM Xbow RR has been licensed for a future release too:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ktm-x-bow-rr.5823/

27757415721_552a8332bd_c.jpg

R3E is PC only, and low amounts of discussion (then again it gets more discussion than SLRE, so perhaps a renewed attempt is worth it?)

Just bought my first lot of content while it was on sale on Steam. I'm very impressed with it. Great FFB, sounds and AI. I'm going to be playing this a lot now.

Many like to pay a single price and get a complete bundle, and don't like the vRP method of purchasing. But when all is said and done, what I get for my money is worth it. It may cost me more than some of my other sims but I also get more in return (consistent quality, sights/sounds, racing series, great track selection).

Many like to pay a single price and get a complete bundle, and don't like the vRP method of purchasing. But when all is said and done, what I get for my money is worth it. It may cost me more than some of my other sims but I also get more in return (consistent quality, sights/sounds, racing series, great track selection).

*raises hand* I have no intention of paying $160* just for one game, no matter how good the content is. If R3E is my sole sim, then probably that's justifiable. But my playtime is spread over GT, AC, PCARS, Dirt Rally, Automobilista, LFS and a smattering of older sims and arcade games, so I really can't justify that price :indiff: Same reason why iRacing is on my ignore list too.

I really think Sector 3 should put an all-in-one version on Steam at $99. Maybe in the future when they are done with this game (like what they did with Race07 and Race Injection).

*Current listed price for all DLCs on Steam - which still doesn't include all content I believe (e.g. Group 5 is missing).

I have iracing a try. I probably spent around 70£ on it. I've decided to stop playing it. It's offers a great service, second to none. I guess that's why it's so expensive.

*raises hand* I have no intention of paying $160* just for one game, no matter how good the content is. If R3E is my sole sim, then probably that's justifiable. But my playtime is spread over GT, AC, PCARS, Dirt Rally, Automobilista, LFS and a smattering of older sims and arcade games, so I really can't justify that price :indiff: Same reason why iRacing is on my ignore list too.

I really think Sector 3 should put an all-in-one version on Steam at $99. Maybe in the future when they are done with this game (like what they did with Race07 and Race Injection).

*Current listed price for all DLCs on Steam - which still doesn't include all content I believe (e.g. Group 5 is missing).
I buy most of my content when there's a sale on. Got the game about 2 years now and in that time i probably spend 100 bucks to acquire all the circuits that are available, and every car i like. So if you do it like that and buy VRP bundles you save up quite a lot.

I buy most of my content when there's a sale on. Got the game about 2 years now and in that time i probably spend 100 bucks to acquire all the circuits that are available, and every car i like. So if you do it like that and buy VRP bundles you save up quite a lot.

Yeah if you time the purchase right you can get a good deal. I just can't be bothered to mix and match the contents and try to work out which bundles give out the best deal. I mean come on, it doesn't have to be this complicated. Unless it's iRacing I think it's quite clear that a F2P model doesn't work with racing sims. It's a niche genre, and there are a wide variety of choices. If you make it hard for people to get content, players will simply look elsewhere.

I don't find it confusing, I buy only what I'm interested in racing. I'm not a collector of digital bits and bytes. If I see a must have, I buy when released otherwise I just wait for a sale.
My only gripe is the reselling of very similar car packs - 2013, 2014, 2015 ... But again I only buy if it's a favorite class like DTM. Then end result, for me, R3E a little more expensive but if I look at what I have in return the value is there. Many other sims have a lot of content but not content I prefer, or it's unrelated content (not a complete class). I've paid around $100 for a ton of R3E content, compared to my $50 AC investment I have more what I like in R3E. Both are worth the cost I have invested. Everyones mileage will vary :dopey:

Still don't understand why this game section is buried in here. Really like this game to the point that i bought almost every car and track.

Anywys, does anyone know when the BMW M6 GT3 is coming to R3E?

Still don't understand why this game section is buried in here. Really like this game to the point that i bought almost every car and track.

Anywys, does anyone know when the BMW M6 GT3 is coming to R3E?
Yeah, GT Planet is console focused. For in-depth PC sim activity we have to go elsewhere.

Regarding R3E, I assume you know of the Sector3 forums (https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php). Best place to get help and up-to-date info.

Yeah, GT Planet is console focused. For in-depth PC sim activity we have to go elsewhere.

Regarding R3E, I assume you know of the Sector3 forums (https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php). Best place to get help and up-to-date info.

You are totally right, but it still puzzles me why Assetto Corsa section is out there since before the console release was even announced.
Anyways, yeah i am at sector3 forums.

IMG_5858.JPG

You are totally right, but it still puzzles me why Assetto Corsa section is out there since before the console release was even announced.
Anyways, yeah i am at sector3 forums.

View attachment 570438
Basically because AC managed to grab the attention of a lot of guys disappointed by Gran Turismo over the last few years. Loads of console guys bought PCs and picked up AC, whereas RaceRoom has always been very much niche. I guess it's the combination of properly licensed road and race cars which did it.

As a long time Simbin fan I gave RaceRoom multiple chances (early builds were very floaty and unsatisfying, as I'm sure everyone remembers) but clearly those of us willing to do that and willing to spend rather a lot of money on the drip fed content are a small minority.

There are other places to get RaceRoom info, so it's not a problem.

Latest Posts

Back