RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Wow this game is really dead. No one is posting.
I just wanted to ask if the Steam Summer Sale is worth it and was surprised that even no one is mentioning it!

Steamcharts show it's been averaging around 300 players per month for the last year, so no real change in status there. It's never attracted much attention on this forum though. Sure, it's not a huge playerbase but that doesn't stop it from being fun. They have daily races at SRS so it shouldn't be hard to find some good online racing for it. R3E is a unique bird but when it's firing on all cylinders I found it to be one of the most immersive and enjoyable racing games out there. Don't ever buy anything for it through Steam though, you usually end up paying more than you need to. Buy VRP in bulk from the link below and you get a much better deal. You should be able to get all content in the game for around $65-70 USD by purchasing VRP in bulk, if you desire.

https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

I just wanted to ask if the Steam Summer Sale is worth it and was surprised that even no one is mentioning it!

I bought the premium pack a while back and haven't really spent a huge amount of time with it - I just don't have enough time to play anything as much as I'd like, and AC usually comes first when I do. The driving is reasonably good, graphics are OK, sounds are great (especially with bass shakers!). I don't regret buying it but I rarely do more than give each of the monthly TTs a run.

Buying from Steam isn't a good way though, nor even in cash from http://game.raceroom.com/store/ - first buy vRP from https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24 and use that at http://game.raceroom.com/store/ (which also has a sale on). Then all content can currently be had for 50 EUR, for example. However, since the packs can only be bought once, topping up with content they release in the future is pricey.

However, since the packs can only be bought once, topping up with content they release in the future is pricey.

True, but after buying the premium pack you'll usually have enough VRP leftover to buy the next 2-3 pieces of content that come out so that helps a bit.

True, but after buying the premium pack you'll usually have enough VRP leftover to buy the next 2-3 pieces of content that come out so that helps a bit.

Indeed, if you buy 10,000 vRP, which is what I did back then. It still ran out fairly quickly though! Buying 7,500 vRP (@ 50 EUR) is just enough for the premium pack, and with hindsight I think I would've done that then bought 5,000 vRP more later - buying anything less than 5,000 to top up is quite a bit more expensive:

vRP.png

I know R3R credits for already bought content, so would it work out to get say 5,000 vRP to spend on the Pro pack and a few extra cars/tracks, leaving the Premium pack available to buy later? I just don't know how much credit it would give for the already bought stuff at that point, since there are far fewer cars and tracks in Pro compared to Premium, but if it was 6 months or more later the extra new content would compensate.

In short, buying R3R is a game in itself! :lol:

I enjoy it occasionally, mainly just do the TTs anymore.
You can download it on steam for free to try it, not much free content but at least you can take a few cars out to see for yourself.

Oh, also I just moved to South Florida and had a week with no internet at which time I found out you cannot play it without an internet connection.

Indeed, if you buy 10,000 vRP, which is what I did back then. It still ran out fairly quickly though! Buying 7,500 vRP (@ 50 EUR) is just enough for the premium pack, and with hindsight I think I would've done that then bought 5,000 vRP more later - buying anything less than 5,000 to top up is quite a bit more expensive:

View attachment 831317

I know R3R credits for already bought content, so would it work out to get say 5,000 vRP to spend on the Pro pack and a few extra cars/tracks, leaving the Premium pack available to buy later? I just don't know how much credit it would give for the already bought stuff at that point, since there are far fewer cars and tracks in Pro compared to Premium, but if it was 6 months or more later the extra new content would compensate.

In short, buying R3R is a game in itself! :lol:

I honestly don't even know anymore. :lol: I used to know the system inside and out but I kinda lost track once the big packs some out and I'm not exactly sure how it all works anymore. But afaik I think your plan is valid because if you already have the content you don't have to pay for it again if it's in the other pack.

Last edited:
I started with Raceroom yesterday! Coming from simcades and console, i didnt realized how many cool racing sims are out there on PC. I gave the F2P version a try and bought a couple of tracks, WCTR and ADAC GT Masters after that, 39 Euros in total. So far i really enjoy it. FFB, AI and Sounds are strong and that VW IDR Challenge at the Nordschleife is great stuff!

However, i wonder how the adaptive AI works? Will it automatically adapt itself on how well you are doing and constantly change? Sounds like an revolutionary feature to me.

However, i wonder how the adaptive AI works? Will it automatically adapt itself on how well you are doing and constantly change? Sounds like an revolutionary feature to me.

I've not had much luck training it without the AI adaption tool available at the official forums.

Here is a great tutorial by Troch that I used,now in most cases the AI are consistently running with or near my lap times.

Using the Adaptive AI primer/database tool, which is a must & knowing your manual AI level (ex. 102) really helps also. (on a per class & track basis).

Link to the tool
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/adaptive-ai-primer-database-tool.5632/

This is what ive done and its working...

Make a backup copy of "aiadaptation.xml", rename it.. And then delete "aiadaptation"
Fire up R3E
Go into R3E Single player->Single event
Choose car, track and 29 opponents
select your difficulty*** (this example 102)
no tire wear, no fuel use, no practive no qualiy, standing start, no penalties, no flags, no pit stops
11 Laps (The tool on registers the last 10 laps of the race)
Grid position 30

- Let the pack go at the start. 1st lap wont register anyways. Drive and put in your best time. if you can do it on lap 2 great. If not get a good "best lap" in.
- After you cross finsih line with your best lap. the whole pack of cars should still be infront of you.
- hit ESC and end the race. (i dont quit the race, just end it to the results screen)
- back out to the main menu
- shut down R3E
- run the Adaptive AI primer/database tool (note: you might want to start with a new and clean AI file (aiadaptation.xml) before you start using the Adaptive AI primer/database tool. IDK if you been using this tool already or not.

EDIT
- check to see if an entry is pressent. You should see the car class (of the car you have chosen) and your best lap time. There will not be any time listed for AI yet, as you only have one "data point" right now. (At this time i did not select anything, just checked to see if the tool is working)
/EDIT

- exit the Adaptive AI primer/database tool
- Fire up R3E
- go back to single player->single event

EDIT
- ONLY change AI difficulity by +5 or -5. (using our example, earlier we chose 102 AI. We will now select 107 AI in R3E)
/EDIT

- Drive another race (same car, track, laps, ect) finsh and exit the race same way as above.

EDIT
- Run the Adaptive AI primer/database tool, see if entires been made. You should now be able to see AI lap times. This is because we ran two races "data points" one at AI 102 and the other at AI 107.
- Select the AI #/level/time closest to your best lap time (or maybe try 3 levels less, I have). And then hit "Apply selected modification".
-Thats it, your done!
/EDIT

- the more times you do this (race, change AI by +/- 5, race, change AI, ect) the more "data points" the Adapative AI program will have. And in turn you will have better results in traing the AI
- All the tool does is speeds up the learning curve for the AI database by only racing 1-3 laps to gather info. instead of you doing multiple 15 minute races for the same amount of data.

@Corsa This sounds a bit too complicated for my taste, but thanks for the information. So i guess the adaptive AI setting constantly learns when youre using it? Even without any tool? So far i did only a couple of races. Adaptive AI was slow at first but now they have already become a bit too fast for me.

I’m pretty sure it’s been updated now and adapts between practice sessions and qualifying too whereas before it only changed after completing a full race/event.

@Corsa This sounds a bit too complicated for my taste, but thanks for the information. So i guess the adaptive AI setting constantly learns when youre using it? Even without any tool? So far i did only a couple of races. Adaptive AI was slow at first but now they have already become a bit too fast for me.

Yes it does. The tool is for those that want to dive in deep and fine tune specific car/track combos. It shows all telemetry and AI lap times.
I'm a bit of a nerd with plug ins and apps for sim racing and often spend more time playing with them then actually racing. :cheers:

Hello, I have already played this game in more than half of the cars and almost all tracks. We're using the children's boats and you are very cool. The game is very cool. Very juicy sound, but the tire model is still normal ready. And the change of the day is not in real time. How it was in GTR2 very old game from Sim Bin But and in it I sometimes play. So to speak Nostalgia.

The game that haunts me the most...

Don't have lots of simracing time or lots of money to spare...
Currently playing AC and PC2 only. AC for its mods and random online SRS races, PC2 more for league racing or also random online lobbies.
But since I tried this game (free content), I love the FFB and the sounds... Graphics also look good as AC (real color palette, not PC2's oversaturated fest)...

This game feels like the girl I always feel I wanna cheat on my wife with, but always backs off at the last moment...

The game that haunts me the most...

Don't have lots of simracing time or lots of money to spare...

I started it this summer. I can say its my personal racing game of the year. I also like ACC and the original AC always gets something new with the mods. But what makes Raceroom shine is the racing and driving feel. The AI is very good, sounds are awesome, FFB is simply best in class (IMO). There is a lot of content and variety here, too.

So yeah, go for that girl.

Guys,
is the new content the content that was teased lately?
if so, is the VRP still on sale? And will I be able to buy all the content, including the new one, for 7500VRP for 50euros?!

Guys,
is the new content the content that was teased lately?
if so, is the VRP still on sale? And will I be able to buy all the content, including the new one, for 7500VRP for 50euros?!

I cant say for sure but i think to get everything, you have to get the premium pack which is 99 euros. This might sound crazy, but actually thats not such a bad deal. Personally i bought smaller content packs over time and spend almost the same amount without getting everything. So that premium pack isnt a bad deal.

HOWEVER, i would strongly suggest you just pick the cars and tracks you like the most and spend time with that. You dont need to own everything. See, to do a proper GT3 custom championship against the AI, you just need to buy ONE single car and ONE livery. You can pick any car and any livery for the AI cars without buying them. I did VLN races with 70+ AI cars from 6 or 7 different classes by buying just one single GT3 and the Nordschleife.

Decide what you like most and start off with a small amount of money, you can buy more stuff when a sale goes live (black friday just ended recently with everything 50% off)

I cant say for sure but i think to get everything, you have to get the premium pack which is 99 euros. This might sound crazy, but actually thats not such a bad deal. Personally i bought smaller content packs over time and spend almost the same amount without getting everything. So that premium pack isnt a bad deal.

HOWEVER, i would strongly suggest you just pick the cars and tracks you like the most and spend time with that. You dont need to own everything. See, to do a proper GT3 custom championship against the AI, you just need to buy ONE single car and ONE livery. You can pick any car and any livery for the AI cars without buying them. I did VLN races with 70+ AI cars from 6 or 7 different classes by buying just one single GT3 and the Nordschleife.

Decide what you like most and start off with a small amount of money, you can buy more stuff when a sale goes live (black friday just ended recently with everything 50% off)

I know about black Friday but I think the sale is still going on.
As for offline, that's not my thing. I don't enjoy racing with AI. That's why getting everything might make sense, just to hop on any available server/lobby/SRS...

"#2 RANKED is now opened with WTCR on Norisring, Brands Hatch, RedBull Ring, Motegi, Sonoma and Hockenheim"

"#3 RANKED is now opened with Porsche 911 GT3 Cup at Most, Hockenheim, Suzuka, Red Bull Ring, Nuerburgring and Bathurst"

"#4 RANKED is now opened with Formula RaceRoom 90 at 12 different venues in rotation"

Latest Posts

Back