RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Since the free weekend my game crashes me sometimes randomly back to the Raceroom starting screen, when it starts loading the track.
Sometimes it crashes me even right after qualifying and ending the session.

Anybody else experienced this?

Since the free weekend my game crashes me sometimes randomly back to the Raceroom starting screen, when it starts loading the track.
Sometimes it crashes me even right after qualifying and ending the session.

Anybody else experienced this?

no, the game is stable for me. No change since before the update.

Hi, I only recently set myself up with a PC good enough to try racing games on, and have been trying the free version of R3E. I quite like the driving feel of the game, but don't understand the leaderboards. I got number 1 on this leaderboard, but there are hardly any times, and they all look to have been set fairly recently. Do the leaderboards get wiped quite frequently?

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=266&driving_model=2&car_class=1686

Not into RRE but as far as I know, the leaderboard feature altogether was introduced like 2 weeks ago, if I remember well.

Hi, I only recently set myself up with a PC good enough to try racing games on, and have been trying the free version of R3E. I quite like the driving feel of the game, but don't understand the leaderboards. I got number 1 on this leaderboard, but there are hardly any times, and they all look to have been set fairly recently. Do the leaderboards get wiped quite frequently?

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=266&driving_model=2&car_class=1686

they get wiped if physics are updated

Hi. I'm looking at RaceRoom to add to my collection of racing simulators, though I'm not sure whether it is right for me. I'm not really into online racing; my interest is in hotlapping and single-player races against AI to improve my racecraft. The range of cars and tracks on offer has caught my eye, particularly as there's not many places I can experience TCR and DTM cars, however I am slightly concerned about the "freemium" business model of RaceRoom. Finally, while my laptop can run Assetto Corsa and Grand Theft Auto V without issue, can the same be said about RaceRoom? I look forward to hearing your responses.

Hi. I'm looking at RaceRoom to add to my collection of racing simulators, though I'm not sure whether it is right for me. I'm not really into online racing; my interest is in hotlapping and single-player races against AI to improve my racecraft. The range of cars and tracks on offer has caught my eye, particularly as there's not many places I can experience TCR and DTM cars, however I am slightly concerned about the "freemium" business model of RaceRoom. Finally, while my laptop can run Assetto Corsa and Grand Theft Auto V without issue, can the same be said about RaceRoom? I look forward to hearing your responses.
Unless there's some reason why it's a problem for you to do it, the easiest way to answer your questions is to just get it for free and try it. I only recently cobbled together a gaming PC using a 6 year old R9 290 card I had lying around, and have been trying R3E. It seems very undemanding of graphics hardware, I can get a solid 60fps at 1080p, even with anti-aliasing maxed out, if I have some other settings turned down. I haven't tried them yet, but from looking around the game it seems there are hotlap competitions that the game uses to give you a rating, so you have a rating to work on over longer timescales than a single event. Some of these appear to be completely free to take part in. Maybe someone who has played the game more than I have can comment on this in more detail.

I'm in the same boat. Hotlapping and AI races then R3E is the sim you want (and also for MP). Classic and modern DTM, recent WTCR cars. so rewarding! See you on the digital leaderboards :) Any specific track which is your favorite?

You only buy the cars and tracks you want. If you like it you may find yourself spending more money but the content is cheap compared to iRacing.

If you can play AC on your laptop you should not have any issues playing R3E on the computer. AC takes much more to play than R3E does.

I haven’t played this in a good year or so as I didn’t have a good internet connection but now do. Can anyone tell me how big the install is now because I’ve already downloaded two 25gb updates and it wants me to download another 27gb. Game hasn’t been updated for a good 18 months possibly so I’m wondering if Steam isn’t stuffing me around and maybe I should reinstall.

Any advice appreciated

I haven’t played this in a good year or so as I didn’t have a good internet connection but now do. Can anyone tell me how big the install is now because I’ve already downloaded two 25gb updates and it wants me to download another 27gb. Game hasn’t been updated for a good 18 months possibly so I’m wondering if Steam isn’t stuffing me around and maybe I should reinstall.
That doesn't sound right, it's showing in Steam as 40322 MB after the most recent update.

I have just really started getting in to this sim and my god, i love it. It feels a step up in terms of physics to GTSport however my main gripe is the file types that the replays are encoded with (.Vrc) does anyone have a clue how to convert these files to make them playable via a more common source such as Media player or VLC. I have tried the ATI MMC however it refuses to install (Im assuming thats because i have an NVIDIA card) is there another program that can do this

I have just really started getting in to this sim and my god, i love it. It feels a step up in terms of physics to GTSport however my main gripe is the file types that the replays are encoded with (.Vrc) does anyone have a clue how to convert these files to make them playable via a more common source such as Media player or VLC. I have tried the ATI MMC however it refuses to install (Im assuming thats because i have an NVIDIA card) is there another program that can do this
If it's anything like most games then replays aren't videos, but rather a timeline/animation that keeps track of every car on track and tells the game how to play it back. If they were just video files then you wouldn't be able to switch cameras or cars during a replay.

Your best bet is probably to start the replay and let it run from start to finish with recording software running.

Oddly enough just had a go on GT Sport after about 9 months away and it feels numb compared to just about everything. RF2 - NO COMPARISON, AC - no way near as good, Raceroom - nope, Even PC2 is far superior and people complain about that. I guess when all you play is one game you get used to what it does tell you.

If you want a real OMG moment, get hold of RF2 and drive a single seater like the USF2000.

I love Raceroom though as it's more of complete package, especially as I bought the lot for £40 on the last Black Friday. Something for everyone. Only thing I'd want perhaps are some 60s stuff but I've loads of RF2 and AC so I'm ok.

If it's anything like most games then replays aren't videos, but rather a timeline/animation that keeps track of every car on track and tells the game how to play it back. If they were just video files then you wouldn't be able to switch cameras or cars during a replay.

Your best bet is probably to start the replay and let it run from start to finish with recording software running.

Thanks mate, sorry for the late reply i haven't been on here for a while (Practising too much on RR) ... Regarding the replays, im just using the Geforce experience recorder to get what i need then i can work on it from there, seems good for the job

Weird timing for an substantial DTM update, but better late then never. This might be a great farewell to the DTM as we know it.

I think this is highly unlikely, i dont think that Sector 3 has the ressources for a console port neither a publisher to back it. There audience is on PC anyways.

No news on GTR3.
Yeah, i wonder what simbin is up to, they still exist under that name? I thought it's a simbin tittle r3. Loved gtr1 and gtl back then. Gtr3 seems vaporware with rumors of development since 2012 i think. Their fb page still seems alive somewhat.

It's usually cheaper to buy VRP and purchase item through the store in game. In this thread above, someone has the link to buy the VRP.
For some, it is cheaper, not for all. That's why I was asking about steam specifically. Thanks for replying though.

Back