RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by MildAshers, Aug 6, 2012.

1. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

If some of you would like to try Raceroom out, now is a good time. Everything is free and unlocked now till the 23rd.

OooAhh Cantona likes this.
  2. Ak1504

Ak1504

Yep :)

OooAhh Cantona likes this.
  3. Street Racer 77

Street Racer 77

Since the free weekend my game crashes me sometimes randomly back to the Raceroom starting screen, when it starts loading the track.
    Sometimes it crashes me even right after qualifying and ending the session.

Anybody else experienced this?

4. Dimitri

Dimitri

no, the game is stable for me. No change since before the update.

5. breeminator

breeminator

Hi, I only recently set myself up with a PC good enough to try racing games on, and have been trying the free version of R3E. I quite like the driving feel of the game, but don't understand the leaderboards. I got number 1 on this leaderboard, but there are hardly any times, and they all look to have been set fairly recently. Do the leaderboards get wiped quite frequently?

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=266&driving_model=2&car_class=1686

6. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Not into RRE but as far as I know, the leaderboard feature altogether was introduced like 2 weeks ago, if I remember well.

7. Dimitri

Dimitri

they get wiped if physics are updated

breeminator, Cole and Ak1504 like this.
  8. Firehound427

Firehound427

Hi. I'm looking at RaceRoom to add to my collection of racing simulators, though I'm not sure whether it is right for me. I'm not really into online racing; my interest is in hotlapping and single-player races against AI to improve my racecraft. The range of cars and tracks on offer has caught my eye, particularly as there's not many places I can experience TCR and DTM cars, however I am slightly concerned about the "freemium" business model of RaceRoom. Finally, while my laptop can run Assetto Corsa and Grand Theft Auto V without issue, can the same be said about RaceRoom? I look forward to hearing your responses.

9. breeminator

breeminator

Unless there's some reason why it's a problem for you to do it, the easiest way to answer your questions is to just get it for free and try it. I only recently cobbled together a gaming PC using a 6 year old R9 290 card I had lying around, and have been trying R3E. It seems very undemanding of graphics hardware, I can get a solid 60fps at 1080p, even with anti-aliasing maxed out, if I have some other settings turned down. I haven't tried them yet, but from looking around the game it seems there are hotlap competitions that the game uses to give you a rating, so you have a rating to work on over longer timescales than a single event. Some of these appear to be completely free to take part in. Maybe someone who has played the game more than I have can comment on this in more detail.

10. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

I'm in the same boat. Hotlapping and AI races then R3E is the sim you want (and also for MP). Classic and modern DTM, recent WTCR cars. so rewarding! See you on the digital leaderboards :) Any specific track which is your favorite?

11. Ak1504

Ak1504

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  12. 2112

You only buy the cars and tracks you want. If you like it you may find yourself spending more money but the content is cheap compared to iRacing.

If you can play AC on your laptop you should not have any issues playing R3E on the computer. AC takes much more to play than R3E does.

13. Ak1504

Ak1504

14. notsofast

notsofast

I haven’t played this in a good year or so as I didn’t have a good internet connection but now do. Can anyone tell me how big the install is now because I’ve already downloaded two 25gb updates and it wants me to download another 27gb. Game hasn’t been updated for a good 18 months possibly so I’m wondering if Steam isn’t stuffing me around and maybe I should reinstall.

Any advice appreciated

15. breeminator

breeminator

That doesn't sound right, it's showing in Steam as 40322 MB after the most recent update.

notsofast likes this.
  16. notsofast

notsofast

Thanks for the confirmation on game size. I ended up uninstalling it and installing it again. Works fine now and all updated. Download was about 35GB.