Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
My brethren.

The early slots for FIA Nations Cup on Tuesdays frees up the regular RR 8pm spot, which conveniently squishes into a idea I had for a slightly long race series.

Well, a literally all-summer race series.

I haven't finished planning it yet, but I won't be long (title of). In essence it's a GT Career Mode Challenge, where we start low and slow (karts) and end high and fast (LMP1), with four or five races each week and moving up a level the following week. There'll some road car racing in various categories, some race cars and at least 11 weeks (I have a rough plan, I need to tweak - so it may become more bigger), with an interesting Grand Final.

My plan also involves race-by-race success penalties (ballast, power), championship success penalties (same; a version of Kerfuffle will manage this), in-round points and overall championship points. I recognise that people dislike some classes (I hate karts, particularly in public races like FIA; I could stomach one evening with them with RR though) and I'm no fan of things faster than GT3, so it's not necessary to race every round in terms of the championship - and the Grand Final won't necessarily decide the title's fate...

Approximate schedule is:
Week 1 - Karts (5 races); GT Shifter Kart
Week 2 - Lightweight K Car Cup (4 races); N100 Car List
Week 3 - Gi-not-ta Juniors (4/5 races); Toyota S-FR '15
Week 4 - Clubman Cup (4/5 races); N200
Week 5 - Max 5 Racing Challenge (4/5 races); Roadster TC
Week 6 - TVR Tuscan Challenge (4/5 races): TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00
Week 7 - WTCC (4/5 races); Gr.4
Week 8 - Japan/US/UK (3 races); N600
Week 9 - Formula E (3 races); Porsche Taycan/Tesla Model S
Week 10 - IndyCar (3 races); F1500
Week 11 - World GT Challenge (3 races); Gr.3
Week 12 - Grand Final (1 race); Gr.1

I'll do an thread soon, but RR have first signup rights. Start date is Tuesday June 9 - though we could do it Thursdays if that is more convenient (I recall @daan had his lates switched to Tuesday) - which would make August 11 (or 13 if Thursdays) the Grand Final as it stands.

There's also a real trophy (or two) in it too for... things.

@AndreasR @buybon355 @daan @IfAndOr @jammy21 @JockeP22 @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Venari @Woodski_427 @Zolon32

Last edited:
My brethren.

The early slots for FIA Nations Cup on Tuesdays frees up the regular RR 8pm spot, which conveniently squishes into a idea I had for a slightly long race series.

I haven't finished planning it yet, but I won't be long (title of). In essence it's a GT Career Mode Challenge, where we start low and slow (karts) and end high and fast (LMP1), with four or five races each week and moving up a level the following week. There'll some road car racing in various categories, some race cars and at least 11 weeks (I have a rough plan, I need to tweak - so it may become more bigger), with an interesting Grand Final.

My plan also involves race-by-race success penalties (ballast, power), championship success penalties (same; a version of Kerfuffle will manage this), in-round points and overall championship points. I recognise that people dislike some classes (I hate karts, particularly in public races like FIA; I could stomach one evening with them with RR though) and I'm no fan of things faster than GT3, so it's not necessary to race every round in terms of the championship - and the Grand Final won't necessarily decide the title's fate...

Approximate schedule is:
Week 2 - Lightweight K Car Cup; N100 Car List
Week 3 - One-make GT "juniors" (4/5 races); TBD
Week 6 - TBD; TBD
Week 9 - Now Turn Left (3 races); F1500
Week 10 - World GT Challenge (3 races); Gr.3
Week 11 - Grand Final (1 race); Gr.1

I'll do an thread soon, but RR have first signup rights. Start date is Tuesday June 2 - though we could do it Thursdays if that is more convenient (I recall @daan had his lates switched to Tuesday) - which would make August 11 (or 13 if Thursdays) the Grand Final as it stands.

@AndreasR @buybon355 @daan @IfAndOr @jammy21 @JockeP22 @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Venari @Woodski_427 @Zolon32
Finally something I can get behind! Hoping that I can get my PS+ sorted just in time for the championship.

My brethren.

Approximate schedule is:
Week 2 - Lightweight K Car Cup; N100 Car List
Week 6 - TBD; TBD
Week 9 - Now Turn Left (3 races); F1500
Week 10 - World GT Challenge (3 races); Gr.3
Week 11 - Grand Final (1 race); Gr.1

I'll do an thread soon, but RR have first signup rights. Start date is Tuesday June 2 - though we could do it Thursdays if that is more convenient (I recall @daan had his lates switched to Tuesday) - which would make August 11 (or 13 if Thursdays) the Grand Final as it stands.

Thanks for tagging me.

I’m definitely up for this. Like you I really dislike Karts and am rubbish in the LMP1s. But the rest would be brilliant fun. It’ll be nice to race with you all again.

:cheers:

Approximate schedule is:
Week 6 - TBD; TBD
I haven't actually got Week 6 sorted out yet - I'm thinking N400s to suit the progression, but I've been busy elsewhere. I've added a week though :D

So we have thus far:
Me
@silverman_GT
@richroo
@homeforsummer
@IfAndOr
@Sutsagrd
@Zolon32

I'll need to make an thread for wider consumption soon if we're racing Tuesday, so speak now, or forever hold thy (title of your sextape).

Plan is the old usual 8pm meetup, and - with Silverman in mind because UTC+7 - kicking off at 8.15pm to get through the races before we hit 10pm (which will be, like... 4am for Silverman; are you sure you're okay with that?).

Not everyone has to take part in every race or evening, although every race will count towards the overall title (probable double-points for the Grand Final). There'll be a mini-championship each week, with success penalties over the course of the evening, and they will carry over each week. Kerfuffle will keep track of it all. There's up to 48 races in the whole thing :lol:

Plan is the old usual 8pm meetup, and - with Silverman in mind because UTC+7 - kicking off at 8.15pm to get through the races before we hit 10pm (which will be, like... 4am for Silverman; are you sure you're okay with that?).
Given the right circumstances, I could sleep early and wake up just near the meetup time.

It's been a while since I raced with people way beyond my time zone. I gave it a go again last night, racing with the brilliant chaps over at 27Racers and my eyes basically collapsed after 3 races that ended at 3 AM on my clock. :lol:

Given the right circumstances, I could sleep early and wake up just near the meetup time.

It's been a while since I raced with people way beyond my time zone. I gave it a go again last night, racing with the brilliant chaps over at 27Racers and my eyes basically collapsed after 3 races that ended at 3 AM on my clock. :lol:
Wait, were you in the same room as I was? I can't remember who I was racing against but that's maybe because all the ones punting me off were car people rather than gaming people...

Wait, were you in the same room as I was? I can't remember who I was racing against but that's maybe because all the ones punting me off were car people rather than gaming people...
We were both in the Fitzroy Room. I couldn't even find the main room - and we had at least one absolute putz in with us. People were berating him in chat during the race...

Anyway, because of... reasons, I may be beyond busy next week, so if we look to start on the 9th rather than the 2nd would that work for everyone?

Not heard from @buybon355 yet (reserved space for you!) or @daan (work may preclude) - and I'm not sure whether @Venari's extreme renovations will allow him the time.

Not heard from @buybon355 yet (reserved space for you!) or @daan (work may preclude) - and I'm not sure whether @Venari's extreme renovations will allow him the time.
Sorry, forgot about this. As I'm not working right now, and probably won't be until about August (and even then it is completely unknown about what hours we'll be doing), I should be fine for this on a Tuesday.

I think I do recall seeing you and @daan in one of those smaller practice lobbies that was set up a few minutes before the main race!

We were both in the Fitzroy Room. I couldn't even find the main room - and we had at least one absolute putz in with us. People were berating him in chat during the race...
"Absolute putz". I see what you did there. Didn't he punt you and ruin one of your first two races?

I've never seen such absolute scenes going on at the mid-race chat. Were the races cleaner after he left? :lol:

48 races!

Not heard from buybon355 yet
I've sent a message on PSN for him to check in on here. He's further up north so it takes longer to reach him.

There'll be a mini-championship each week
That's good. I've got a few Minis. :dopey:
And talking about Minis, perhaps for the TBD "juniors"? - like the TOCA support races.

If it's ok I could tag a few guys from @Sick Cylinder's races who have GTS and may be available and interested and have some of the cars and..?

And talking about Minis, perhaps for the TBD "juniors"? - like the TOCA support races.
I've just settled on a "Juniors" car... and the N400 I was after as well. Muahahaha.
Week 3 - Gi-not-ta Juniors (4/5 races); Toyota S-FR '15
Week 6 - TVR Tuscan Challenge (4/5 races): TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00
If it's ok I could tag a few guys from @Sick Cylinder's races who have GTS and may be available and interested and have some of the cars and..?
I'm going to make a public thread too, I just wanted RR to have first refusal on reserving spots :D

I think I could do some of the race events. Would love to do some GTS races as my playing had been PC2.
This kind of multi compo races gives nice over look of GTS.
I'll have my summer holidays on July which may cause some race event skips, but we'll see.

Have i missed anything ? Not sure if im revecimg notifications on this thread ;)
Not yet :D

It's been a busy couple of Tuesdays here. I kinda took 9th of June off because the PS5 event on 11th was pretty much guaranteed to have GT7 in it, and I wanted to adjust my busy and sleep patterns to suit staying up to 3am and writing the GT7 news, additional article, and "something else", then it turned out the PS5 was in there too. I had the ACC event lined up for today, so had to leave the schedule free in case there was some proper news (and there wasn't, then there was; our traffic right now is mental in a good way, even if it's mostly hate clicks!).

When I stick up a proper thread for it, it'll be ready to rock. I'll tag everyone too, so no-one misses it.

:odd:

Dormammu, I've come to bargain :)

And talking about déjà vu.
even if it's mostly hate clicks!
PC3 and now ACC, amazing what a couple of videos can do to cause uproar - and for site traffic. :P

Anyway, have I missed anything?

Latest Posts

Back