Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
I have successfully attained my own job back again. In the past, my late night was a Monday, but we are now not open late on Mondays anymore, so my late night has been changed to a Tuesday. I realise I'm not here most nights anyway, but this kills my attendance here completely. :(
We should do a LAN. We haven't done a GTS LAN.

We're rearranging the post-teen house right now, but we can probably do a LAN next Spring in the bottom garage.

Greetings fellow Racers Reunited. If anyone is still up for Tuesday night larks I thought we might have a bit of seriously not serious fun....

Teams of two will face the rest at Brands Hatch GP circuit. The team will be on poll/2nd, in Raptors. The rest will be in Toyota S-FR '15s, the standard one. When the lights go out the team make to complete the two lap race as fast as they can, with a pack of howling wild dogs at their heels, hammering them off the track at every opportunity. Light damage will be on, and I'll set the power/weight to give the Toyotas a small speed advantage. The team's time is when the first of them finishes the race... So watch out for them both fellas.

Then another team has a go.

If we don't have even numbers I'll simply stay as a wild dog. And if no one turns up, I'll just slink off downstairs and make the wife a cuppa. That's what my life has come to!

Okay?

My PSplus has expired so unfortunately at the moment I can't join in any multiplayer shenanigans. £50 is a bit steep for just peer to peer gaming. I've seen it for £39 but even that makes me baulk at purchasing so I'm waiting for a bit to see if it goes on sale. Black Friday is a possibility - it was reduced last year.

Have fun. 👍

I feel your pain Paul, I had to renew mine last Sunday :irked:

Sounds fun, if my 1.48 update copies in time
I've a feeling that it'll be a bit undersubscribed Mark. I'll open the room, but if it's not viable by 8:45 I'm outathere.

PS plus got 25% off yearly membership at present until 2/12 so £37.49 which is cheapest I’ve seen.
Yeah I've spotted that thanks. 👍

I can actually beat it at £29.85 with a ShopTo sale. HERE.

You can top up your PS Plus membership at any time so if anyone's is running out soon, or not even soon, it might be worth thinking about saving the £20 of the normal price.

I'm hanging on till the last (Black Friday) moment just in case a better offer materialises!

So mine renews automatically on Xmas day each year. Can i buy that one at £29.85 and cancel my auto renewal, then the new purchase kicks in Xmas day anyway?

Looking like there's no racing tonight then.

So mine renews automatically on Xmas day each year. Can i buy that one at £29.85 and cancel my auto renewal, then the new purchase kicks in Xmas day anyway?
Yep I believe so. I think it'll kick in straight away so you'll have 13 months before it runs out then. Just remember to cancel the auto renewal.

You can, if you're feeling rash, I suppose buy 2 codes and get 24 months for under £60 instead of 12 for the usual £50

Merry Christmas everyone and hope you all have a happy 2020! There goes another decade!
We’re in the middle of a building site with no kitchen so it’s been difficult to be around for racing although there’s been no posts about that for a while now!

Missing racing with you guys. Are there any other rooms/ clubs that would be worth looking at in 2020? Hope to “see” you all soon. 👍

:cheers:

So anyway. As FIA nights are now Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, have we got a free night for resumption of hilarities?

@buybon355 @IfAndOr @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Venari @Zolon32

I'm still pLANning something - I need to wait to work out two pretty major things (wife started a new job/training/thing I don't know/whatever/shut up; I also have to find out when I'm either required to go to a forrin place or cover Jordan as he's going to a forrin place, but that'll be sorted out next month) and I think also send a car away on a trailer to make room - but Spring Spank Holiday is May 25th, so May 22-25 up here is the pencilled-in version.

I know not everyone will want to do things on Friday nights, but Friday nights probably work best for me - least chance of me being somewhere with work overnight or early the next morning.

Although I now have PS Plus again I haven't played GT since Plus expired in early November. I've been PC2ing. :scared:

Also a "problem" now is that GTS has got so large an install size that my free hard drive space* isn't big enough to let it update. So I'm now a few Gb short of a full game.

I'll have a think and get back to you.

* Christmas sales!

We’re in the middle of a building site with no kitchen
How's that going now Suts? Not the best of seasons for major house upheavals!

By the way a Happy New Year to all. 👍

I can do Mondays and Thursdays more often than Fridays.

How's that going now Suts? Not the best of seasons for major house upheavals!
We actually have rooms with plaster on and some lights. We’ll hopefully finish by late February! It’s been a bit cold and windy in the house. :dopey:
:cheers:

Mondays and Thursdays works for me. I'm also child free the weekend of 23rd May, should a LAN be happening.
I have put a post up in the Premium forum, but I realised you and @Sutsagrd aren't premos. When I'm able to 'confirm' things (which is basically when Kazunori tells us when all the World Tour live events are, which should be February 13/14) I'll do a Convo with all interesteds included. Basically it's four days in Teesside (I've not got much room, but there's good cheap local B&Bs because it's the seaside), bring your own kit, beer and some **** to go on a barbecue (there'll be a parmo night as well, it's the law), and I'll provide electricity, a network, somewhere to put the consoles/screens, and some races. Also there's two trophies, but I can't remember where one of them is.

Back