Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
I like the RB Junior, but I'm off to the Midlands to drive some Vauxhalls this evening. Yay.

Thanks go to Suts for mentioning the Pantyliner as being a motor he fancied running. I'd had just one short go in it, and didn't like it much. However, given Suts' enthusiasm I had another spin, and realised the error of my ways. It's fantastic!
Pantera.jpg
So, next Tuesday we're off DeTomasoing for the very first time. I quite enjoyed switching tracks with the Junior, so we'll be having four shortish races at two different circuits, Magiorre GP II, and Alsace Village.
The Pantyliner can go to 105% power, and 88% weight whilst still being within N300 specs, and these will be our base settings. For each race anyone wins he will drop 10% power, and coming second drops you 5% power.
S/H tyres will be used, with degradation at 1, so fuel and tyre wear won't be an issue.
Cheers, Zo.

What have you done to that Italian-ish classic!?
They're not cheap you know. Although that's a late GT5 model.

They do sound great.

Shame GTS hasn't got the GT5/GTS version(s) as well. Maybe sometime.

It's also a shame GTS in lacking in the track department!
For slightly shorter laps have you tried Magiorre west II? The evening setting is nice.
Blue Moon Bay's longer infield layout isn't bad either. The reverse especially.

A further interesting video about a Pantera

What have you done to that Italian-ish classic!?

I deliberately tried to keep it a bit retro, standard wheels and everything. I quite like it.

For slightly shorter laps have you tried Magiorre west II?

No. But I'll keep it in mind for future use ;)

Blue Moon Bay's longer infield layout isn't bad either. The reverse especially

I did mention perhaps using that at a meeting a couple of weeks ago (it had been in a daily race, I think, and I liked it). The suggestion was met by a silence so deafening my ears bled. There wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for it.

That GTS does sound nice though.

Cheers, Zo.

Had a wee shot last night, it's quite good, and fun to slide about. Steering feels like an old car with knackered bushes, adds to the charm I suppose. Should be good.

My livery is VERY retro

Zo
I’m completely senile!!!
I’m away this Tuesday and can’t race. I’ve just spent 2 hours designing my Pantyliner to suddenly realise I’m not even in the same county on Tuesday.

Please feel free to race anyway but could we please repeat it another day?

Sorry:dunce:
:cheers:

OK. I have to have my ps4 back out for this. :D

👍

Steering feels like an old car with knackered bushes

I think that's what put me off originally Colin, but once I got used to it it felt great; authentic somehow. Brill.

I’m not even in the same county on Tuesday.

Please feel free to race anyway but could we please repeat it another day?

Suts, what are you like!
Anyway, no fear, we'll definitely use it again, I love it.

Cheers, Zo.

I've just bought and been trying out a three tomato plant airer and it's quite good. As well as being great for drying the triple fruits I can also surprisingly keep it on track for most of a lap, which is a bonus.

A splash of paint has also been added so it will look the part.

See you later. ;)

I spent 90 minutes abandoning liveries for this because the decals wouldn't fit the curves without literally breaking through the body and appearing on the opposite side of the car, or the decklid... so you got purple with a taxi bonnet.

And fuel-efficient V8 driving :D

And fuel-efficient V8 driving :D
Despite fuel-saving, I've just spotted that I - very, very briefly - set the fastest race lap on lap 4, at 2'22.514, before Zo came over the line a second later with a 2'20.922.

And then they just blew past me :lol:

Really fun car and some nice battles in all races. :cheers:
I had several position swaps with Colin 👍
In the last race with 10x fuel I was going into the pit in the lead and came out 7th ... :ouch: :lol::lol::lol:

Btw. I forgot to report on my Swedish series with Gr.4 cars that had the "Grand finale" last week.
I managed to win that series and a new season starts tonight :dopey:

PureGT_GOOFY

I - very, very briefly - set the fastest race lap on lap 4, at 2'22.514

No mean feat Famine, I took on two laps worth of juice to complete the race. I must say, I enjoy wasting the stuff much more than I enjoy saving it.

Btw. I forgot to report on my Swedish series with Gr.4 cars that had the "Grand finale" last week.
I managed to win that series and a new season starts tonight :dopey:

PureGT_GOOFY

Well done Goofy. Good luck with the new season.

Got a few piccis from Tuesday...

TURNS OUT PAUL RACED ONE OF THESE AT SPA IN 1976.

pant1.jpg

MARK GETS INSIDE ZO AT THE SECOND HAIRPIN.

pant2.jpg

THEN USES ALL THE ROAD ON THE EXIT.

pant3.jpg

GOOFY SCRAPS WITH COLIN'S UNRESTORED BARN FIND.

pant4.jpg

SPARKS FINDS A BIT OF GRASS.

pant5.jpg

AND ZO TAKES ADVANTAGE.

pant6.jpg

FAMINE'S STRATEGY GIVES HIM THE LEAD AS THE REST PIT FOR FUEL.

pant7.jpg

BUT ONLY AS SPARKS LEAVES THE PITS (QUITE EARLY).

pant8.jpg

BATTLE ENSUES...

pant9.jpg

pant10.jpg

BUT EVENTUALLY HE HAS TO GIVE IN TO THOSE WHO CAN USE FULL THROTTLE!

pant11.jpg

ANDREAS MAKES A MOVE UP THE INSIDE INTO THE FIRST HAIRPIN (WITH THE ONLY DECAL YOU NEED).

pant12.jpg

Cheers, Zo.

Smashing! I can crack on with it then.

Differential Racing is hardly revolutionary, to be honest, but I quite fancy using it for a team event some time soon. However, for this Tuesday it'll be quite simple.

The cars are, the Viper GTS '13, and the good old Enzo. Tuning will be prohibited, but using the 'level up' facility the settings will be:

Viper 115% power, 94% weight.
Enzo 112% power, 117% weight.

Sport medium tyres will be used, so there's plenty of grip available (coughs).

These settings bring them closer than standard in lap times, but not quite equal.

enzo viper.jpg

There will be two races, of 15 laps each at the Antelopes Tail, otherwise known as Dragon's Trail, clockwise circulation. For the first race fuel and tyre degradation will be set to 3. Neither car will make full race distance at competitive speeds at these settings. However, the pit window will be large enough for strategy variation to be available.

The second race will be same track and laps, but with degradation set to 6 for tyres and fuel. Much tighter for strategy.

Of course, you have to use one car for one race, and the other for the next. But which to use first? How many others are in that one? Is it best to go with the slower car or the quicker? Is it worth while switching at the last moment and loosing your grid position for the sake of strategy? I don't have a clue!

It'll be fastest first grid for both races, with ten minutes between them to allow for acclimatisation from one car to the next.

Let's see who comes out tops over all.

Cheers, Zo.

Viper 115% power, 94% weight.
Enzo 112% power, 117% weight.
Just as a quick word of warning for everyone, this will require 5,218Mi points. If you don't have enough you can cram in about 200 miles (and 2000Mi points) an hour rubber-banding Blue Moon Bay with the Tomahawk X, or quickly get some Achievements (a couple of them can be done to max level in a few minutes and score a few thousand Mi each).

Edit: And I'm going to be on VERY close to 8.30pm.

Last edited:
For slightly shorter laps have you tried Magiorre west II? The evening setting is nice

I've given Maggiore West a try today Paul, and I really liked it. I didn't do the II version though. I'll try to get time later. We'll be at Maggiore West one way or the other on 1st May anyway. Good suggestion, I've always viewed the sawn off tracks as inferior, but this one is much better than expected.

Cheers, Zo.

Latest Posts

Back