Racers Reunited. Zo's Indulgence 200, 12:00 mid-day BST Saturday 12th August 2017.Finished 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 163 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
s1.png

Greetings folks, welcome to Zo's Indulgence 200, a one-off 200 mile race around a 6.23 mile track prepared by Zo, as a purely indulgent form of entertainment.

The Indulgence 200 will have entries from three categories of car, all stock, with oil change allowed. Those categories are:

Cat 1, McLaren MP4 12C. Ford GT '05. GT by Citroen '08.

Cat 2, Ferrari 430 Scud 07. Lexus LFA Nurb Package 12. Nissan GT-R Nismo 14.

Cat 3, Ferrari 430 06. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) 06. Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12.

Huge thanks to Joe for his input into the categorisation of cars. Honestly, trying to get a good balance of cars that will behave well enough for a two hour drive is, frankly, an impossible task, but I think we've got as good a group as we possibly could.

A competitor can choose any one of the cars within his/her allocated Category. Sports Hard, and Full Wet tyres are the only ones which will be available for use on the day. Depletion will be set to fast. Depending on the weather, this may mean 2, 3 of 4 pit stops; who knows?

Speaking of weather, it will be set to 40%, with a dry track at the start, changing at 5X, with time running at 5X too. We should see some significant changes in track conditions through the course of the race.

The race length will be 33 laps, which equates to 205.59 Miles.

Qualifying/Allocation of Category:

There will be no qualifying on the day of the race. Quali will be completed beforehand by means of lap times using any of the Cat 2 cars, on S/H tyres, in time trial mode, with standard track settings, except grip at edge, which is real. Whenever a lap time is set, just pop it on the thread, and I'll update the grid.

Category allocation will be based upon my understanding of an individual driver's pace, and the quali times, the faster, the greater the likelihood of having the kudos of driving a Cat 3 motor. The slower the time, the greater the likelihood of driving a faster motor.

** CUT OFF DATE FOR QUALIFYING**

Folks, please note that the final moment for posting a qualifying time will be 23:59BST Tuesday 18th July 2017. This will give everyone a few days to decide on their choice of car from their particular category, and get some online practice with it, taking account of depletion and weather.

Assist available for the race will be D/L and ABS.

Here is a link to a demo lap of 'Zo's Indulgence'

And a link to where Zo's Indulgence (the track) can be found.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/a-blast-through-the-countryside-with-video.3777/

Cheers, Zo.

SIGNUPS:

Reefer, #90

Derek, #26

Suts, #88

Fadmad, #95. Colour, Matta GT 13.

NoLuckToday, #11.

Tom Ascar, #22. Colour AMG Monza Grey Mango.

Tooma.

Richroo. (Subject to availability.)

Bloodyboyblue. #25.

Jammy #21

Autope10 #57.

Nikos

Zolon32, #32 Colour, metallic gunmetal 04, white wheels.

Last edited:
Reefer, 3:26.482! 430 Scud. (Even More Ridiculous!)

Jammy, 3:26.709. 430 Scud.

Zo, 3:27.713. Scud

Quentin, 3:29.760. LFA.

Fadmad, 3:32.541.

Nikos, 3:33.600. GT-R

Suts, 3:37.33. LFA.

It's beginning to look like Joe's going to be in a Cat 3 car, with everybody else in Cat 1s :eek:

I think I've just spotted Joe's advantage, he's in the future. That time was set at 18:17 on the 25th, when it's actually only 13:36 right now. Of course his car gets back sooner. Doh!

Last edited:
Sign me up please Zo: #90, colour TBA.

Did my "quali" lap in Single Player>Time Trial on S/H tyres without T/C and made no changes to any of the settings in "Course Settings".

That track is mental Zo - you must be a sadist! It started to grow on me when I jumped into all 1730kg of the GT-R Black edition.

Glad to have you aboard Joe. The track does have it's 'interesting' sections, but it has grown on me a great deal whilst sorting out the motors for this. The laps seem quite short now, and, in my head, I'm constantly in the corner ahead of where I am, which is how I like it. That blast back towards the start/finish is the best bit I think. When you get the right hander right, and can nail it through the next left/right. Yeeehaaa!

I did originally miss it off the OP, but the track settings should be with real edge grip. I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference, those times will tumble with familiarity, I'm sure. Speaking of which. I think I'll give the Scud a go 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
I'd like to Drive with you but this week I'm on holiday . However I'd like to try your track. However can I get It?

Hi Auto. If you click on the following link it will take you to the page where you can download it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/a-blast-through-the-countryside-with-video.3777/

made no changes to any of the settings in "Course Settings".

I'm such an idiot! I have the track settings at 'real' edge grip :dunce:

Cheers, Zo.

Hi zolon , have to check my calendar but fingers crossed I can make ..
Hope @Derek Morten can make it :)

Greetings Rich. I was watching a replay only the other day, and you were in it. I thought it had been a while since we did battle, and then...

It'd be excellent if you could join us fella, Derek too 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Zo

I'll be there for the marathon race. #88 as usual - colour to be determined!

Your track is quite tricky. I'm 10s slower than you and reefer but I'm still going off on 2-3 corners and spinning.

started to grow on me when I jumped into all 1730kg of the GT-R Black edition

I agree. The GTR handles this course much better than the Ferrari. Haven't tried the LFA yet.

:cheers:

I'd love to join please Zo.. #26

I'll be there for the marathon race. #88 as usual - colour to be determined!

Welcome chaps :)

Just for the sake of testing it, I had a couple of runs offline yesterday at 100% surface water, with Full Wet tyres on. Jeepers! The LFA was quite a bit ahead of the Scud, which became an oversteering beast, and the GT-R was faster still. I'm not expecting a great deal of rain, from my previous experience of Eifel tracks with dynamic weather, but it's worth thinking about in car choice.

Another test I did, today, was running 50% surface water, S/H Vs F/W. The F/W were a load faster. It looks like switching to them as soon as the % starts rising might be a smart move. However, running them on a dry track ruins them in no time. (I'm sure you all know that anyway.)

Your track is quite tricky. I'm 10s slower than you and reefer but I'm still going off on 2-3 corners and spinning.

It'll soon click with you Suts, and you'll be knocking in competitive times. There's plenty of subtlety to the way some corners string together. Once you zero in on those the times will crash down.

Cheers, Zo.

@reefer sorry about the confusion Joe. I do mean to have the track setting at 'Real'. One day I'll set something up without causing mayhem. But when that day will be, I haven't a clue.

Last edited:
Hi :cheers: if there is a little spot for me, i like to join :cheers: track new for me, so my time is 3.39 for now.

Like to be nr 95 :cheers: and matta GT 013 paint :cheers:

There sure is a spot for you Fadmad, and I'm sure your time will come down pretty quickly. I have to say, I'm stuck on 31s right now, although I did a 30 dead in the GT-R a couple of days ago, but I'd nipped across the white line at one point, so I sacked it. I think that there'll be a few into the 20s though, by the time race day arrives.

Cheers, Zo.

mgo
Hi zo I'll be available for that race Tom_Ascar #22 AMG Monza Gray mango :cheers:
I'll work on Q soon :scared:

It'll be great to have you there Tom.

Me too Zo please.

You're in Tom. (I'm going to have to use Tooma for you fella, Paris Tom got in first :)) Fab picture, by the way. With his keen reactions and single-minded concentration, he should beat my time easy.

3:39.866 Lexus. Still getting the track down and can go faster.

Thanks for posting that Quentin. I don't want everybody to see Joe's time and think that that is normality. Even though, looking at his replay, he does make it look like we should all be able to do that :confused:

Speaking of which, thanks for posting the replay @reefer I'm trying to replicate it, but it has highlighted the millions of steering corrections I make compared with you. Watching one of my replays with chase-cam makes the car look like the driver is having a fit :lol:

**CUT OFF DATE FOR QUALIFYING**

Folks, please see OP regarding the cut off date for submitting a qualifying time.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Nice track. I just have to tested it.
I have run all three cars and they're all in 1s difference - nice.
Best time now: 3'33.281

Thanks Jammy. Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away.

I have to say, I'm having problems with balancing the Categories of cars. Finding a Cat1 motor that can comfortably beat the Scud, but is not too tricky to handle is proving difficult. The 458 is simply not quick enough around this circuit.

Joe has done tons of testing though, and I'm sure we'll manage a decent result in the end.

Any thought are welcome fellas, we're all in this together :)

Cheers, Zo.

By race day I am sure everyone will be a tad faster. The course is complex but not to complex. And we all have plenty of time to try and master this course. I am looking forward to a great race. Zolon you did just fine with this course. It kind of sucks that I live in a central time zone so race day for me is 6am in the morning. I am an early bird anyway so it is really not that bad. I am expecting this to be the most fun event I have participated in GT6. great idea Zolon and thanks for giving us a lot of time to practice.

Back