Racers Reunited. Zo's Indulgence 200, 12:00 mid-day BST Saturday 12th August 2017.Finished 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 163 comments
@Zolon32 Thread's subject need some update:idea:
And just to confirm,12 August is our date as Zo is on holiday on the 29th?

You can put me also to signup's (#21). What's the date for quali runs?

Last edited:
Now I am totally hooked.

I like the rhythm of it and how you can use one corner to help you in the next one. Also, because each section is so distinctive, it's easy to learn but not so easy to know where the grip is. I think there's a lot to be gained form predicting the grip level, especially when the track is wet and wear is on.

What's the date for quali runs?

According to Zo's message below we've got 7 days to post our best time for grid positions.

Folks, please note that the final moment for posting a qualifying time will be 23:59BST Tuesday 11th July 2017.

Greetings folks, welcome to Zo's Indulgence 200, a one-off 200 mile race around a 6.23 mile track prepared by Zo, as a purely indulgent form of entertainment.

The Indulgence 200 will have entries from three categories of car, all stock, with oil change allowed. Those categories are:

Cat 1, McLaren MP4 12C. Ford GT '05. GT by Citroen '08.

Cat 2, Ferrari 430 Scud 07. Lexus LFA Nurb Package 12. Nissan GT-R Nismo 14.

Cat 3, Ferrari 430 06. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) 06. Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12.

Huge thanks to Joe for his input into the categorisation of cars. Honestly, trying to get a good balance of cars that will behave well enough for a two hour drive is, frankly, an impossible task, but I think we've got as good a group as we possibly could.

A competitor can choose any one of the cars within his/her allocated Category. Sports Hard, and Full Wet tyres are the only ones which will be available for use on the day. Depletion will be set to fast. Depending on the weather, this may mean 2, 3 of 4 pit stops; who knows?

Speaking of weather, it will be set to 40%, with a dry track at the start, changing at 5X, with time running at 5X too. We should see some significant changes in track conditions through the course of the race.

The race length will be 33 laps, which equates to 205.59 Miles.

Qualifying/Allocation of Category:

There will be no qualifying on the day of the race. Quali will be completed beforehand by means of lap times using any of the Cat 2 cars, on S/H tyres, in time trial mode, with standard track settings, except grip at edge, which is real. Whenever a lap time is set, just pop it on the thread, and I'll update the grid.

Category allocation will be based upon my understanding of an individual driver's pace, and the quali times, the faster, the greater the likelihood of having the kudos of driving a Cat 3 motor. The slower the time, the greater the likelihood of driving a faster motor.

** CUT OFF DATE FOR QUALIFYING**

Folks, please note that the final moment for posting a qualifying time will be 23:59BST Tuesday 18th July 2017. This will give everyone a few days to decide on their choice of car from their particular category, and get some online practice with it, taking account of depletion and weather.

Assist available for the race will be D/L and ABS.

Here is a link to a demo lap of 'Zo's Indulgence'

And a link to where Zo's Indulgence (the track) can be found.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/a-blast-through-the-countryside-with-video.3777/

Cheers, Zo.

SIGNUPS:

Reefer, #90

Derek, #26

Suts, #88

Fadmad, #95. Colour, Matta GT 13.

NoLuckToday, #11.

Tom Ascar, #22. Colour AMG Monza Grey Mango.

Tooma.

Richroo. (Subject to availability.)

Bloodyboyblue. #25.

Jammy #21

Zolon32, #32 Colour, metallic gunmetal 04, white wheels.

Zo: Let someone else have my space. I have not put in anywhere near enough track time for this race. Sorry. If there is room, I shall, log in to spectate, hopefully. Have a great time everyone. :)

Zo
I have to confess I haven't had much time to practice.
My fastest time is in the LFA at 3:37.33
Ferrari scud 3:39:65
GTR black 3:45:78

Not great. I also may be working on race day but I won't know until the week before.

I'm away on hols next 2 weeks so the above will have to be my time for the practice deadline.

I'll do my best to be at the race and try not to get in anyone's way.
:cheers:

Did you noticed the time of day - 12.00 BST? 13.00 GMT (?). I just did which is little odd to me to play middle of the day, but I'll try to make it.
Sorry boys will not be there for the race !!! Party !!!! But was looking forward to it :confused:

Last edited:
Yes, car category and you can choose the car you like most from the cars of that category. I'm not sure if cars will still change after quali date is over.
So based on the lap times of the qualifying Zo will decide with what car i will race,right?

Ferrari: 3'26.709

Aha Jammy! That's more like the time I was expecting from you 👍

Is there a spot for me?

Absolutely Nikos, welcome to the group. The idea behind the categories is to try and tighten the race up, with faster guys using slower cars, and slower guys using faster cars. Although, the weather may well play a significant part too, with the 4WD motors being quite a bit faster in the wet. But who knows how much it will rain? I have no idea myself.

I´m not sure if I will be aviable that day, but I´d like to play with you. #57.

I've put you down fella. Hope you can make it.

My fastest time is in the LFA at 3:37.33

That's not bad with little practice Suts. If you can make it, you'll find yourself going quicker as the race goes on, I'm sure.

rry boys will not be there for the race !!! Party !!!! But was looking forward to it :confused:

Well, a party is as good a reason as any to miss I guess. Have fun!

Cheers, Zo.

Are cars in categories fixed?
Cat 3; Ferrari 430 - is it F430?

Race settings; damage? In game time at the start? Night driving?

Are cars in categories fixed?
Cat 3; Ferrari 430 - is it F430?

Race settings; damage? In game time at the start? Night driving?

Yep, the cars are fixed now Jammy. The Cat 3 Ferrari is the 06 F430, 519BHP, 548PP stock. I find it surprisingly slow lapping compared with the Scud, but it's a hoot to drive.

I'll have light damage on. I'd like to use heavy damage, but the issues with lag at custom circuits mean that some people might get hard knocks purely through the stupid system, and that would be very annoying.

I'll have the start set for 08:00hrs, so that it'll be daylight throughout. However, it may get slightly dark if the weather closes right in.

Depletion will be fast, track edge and slipstream real. Assists available will be ABS and Driving Line.

Zo i can't download your track..I will send you a friend request tomorrow so i can take it from you.

I'll look out for that Nikos 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Did you noticed the time of day - 12.00 BST? 13.00 GMT (?). I just did which is little odd to me to play middle of the day, but I'll try to make it.
I´m agree with you Jammy, at this time I´m pretty usually having a "Spanish Vermút"-Typicaly Vermouth for drink and something to eat, such as sardines, Jamon, prawns...- Visit Spain friend, I´m sure you´d like it.

Aha Jammy! That's more like the time I was expecting from you 👍

Absolutely Nikos, welcome to the group. The idea behind the categories is to try and tighten the race up, with faster guys using slower cars, and slower guys using faster cars. Although, the weather may well play a significant part too, with the 4WD motors being quite a bit faster in the wet. But who knows how much it will rain? I have no idea myself.

I've put you down fella. Hope you can make it.

That's not bad with little practice Suts. If you can make it, you'll find yourself going quicker as the race goes on, I'm sure.

Well, a party is as good a reason as any to miss I guess. Have fun!

Cheers, Zo.
I´m a e-grandpa mate, I´ve forgotten how to take the track. Could you tell me how to do it? Gran Tourismo Beta Sport will finish this Sunday and I´d like to practice, because I have to play 1 hour max. about my shoulder. I can do it longer but...then is worse hahahahah.

I´m a e-grandpa mate, I´ve forgotten how to take the track. Could you tell me how to do it? Gran Tourismo Beta Sport will finish this Sunday and I´d like to practice, because I have to play 1 hour max. about my shoulder. I can do it longer but...then is worse hahahahah.
I.ve just seen it. :confused::ill:💡:ouch:;):gtpflag:

Back