Racers Reunited. Zo's Indulgence 200, 12:00 mid-day BST Saturday 12th August 2017.Finished 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 163 comments
3:32.650 Lexus

Still have not reached the cars limit. Time still can be lowered.

Quentin, you've only got a tenth of a second to go for 3rd on the grid which would knock Jeppe down to 4th. You can do it! Then it will be interesting to see if the amiable Dane comes back at you for that grid position.

I think it's one of those tracks that grid position will be important allowing one to either get away or risk losing time following another driver. Losing time following another driver may be overcome by employing the undercut. The overcut would only work in a particular circumstance and I'll leave it up to you to work out when that particular circumstance may apply! As there will be a variety of cars on the grid, a lot will also be determined by the car's fuel tank and how far one can go before pitting. Racers will need to keep an eye on this and maybe even manage their fuel. Then there's tyre wear; some cars are worse than others and some drivers go through tyres like there's no tomorrow. Will concentration levels come into it? It is a long track and a very long race! So there's lots to think about and we haven't even talked about rain yet (which could reverse the running order - several times - depending on where a driver is on the track when it rains or how their car handles the puddles). It's not necessarily going to be the quickest driver who wins Zo's "200" but the racer who can think on their feet and adapt to the ever changing circumstances going on around them. Should be a lot of fun. Now, go get Jeppe's 3rd position on the grid Quentin ;)

Quentin, you've only got a tenth of a second to go for 3rd on the grid which would knock Jeppe down to 4th. You can do it! Then it will be interesting to see if the amiable Dane comes back at you for that grid position.

I think it's one of those tracks that grid position will be important allowing one to either get away or risk losing time following another driver. Losing time following another driver may be overcome by employing the undercut. The overcut would only work in a particular circumstance and I'll leave it up to you to work out when that particular circumstance may apply! As there will be a variety of cars on the grid, a lot will also be determined by the car's fuel tank and how far one can go before pitting. Racers will need to keep an eye on this and maybe even manage their fuel. Then there's tyre wear; some cars are worse than others and some drivers go through tyres like there's no tomorrow. Will concentration levels come into it? It is a long track and a very long race! So there's lots to think about and we haven't even talked about rain yet (which could reverse the running order - several times - depending on where a driver is on the track when it rains or how their car handles the puddles). It's not necessarily going to be the quickest driver who wins Zo's "200" but the racer who can think on their feet and adapt to the ever changing circumstances going on around them. Should be a lot of fun. Now, go get Jeppe's 3rd position on the grid Quentin ;)
I sure will try to get that position. I feel like I can still knock a full second off my time. Now after a zillion laps I am addicted to this course. Way to go Zo for this awesome track.

By the way just did this 3:32.587. I will get a 31s lap

Last edited:
I've been watching the thread @Zolon32 to keep up with events* but you've probably realised from my lack of posting that I don't think I'm going to be able to participate. The time of day and more so the race length makes it a bit awkward for me.

With his keen reactions and single-minded concentration, he should beat my time easy
Thanks Zo. :P I might just put a few laps in just to see if I could have been competitive.

@reefer - Undercut and overcut, aren't they something to do with hair styling? :)

*And to see Quentin's times come down. ;)

Yes Yes Yes. 3:31.645 Lexus. I Still have not reached it's limit. Now I am shooting for the 30s. What a blast that lap was.

Here is my lap if anyone wants to see it.

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    672.8 KB · Views: 13
A 10-second gain Quentin, and all because you practised hard! Shows it can be done! Have you tried the Scuderia yet?

Back in the day when you showed your old railway pass to get a cheap cut, yes!
I have tried the Scud. The LFA is just one of my favorite cars in the game. Also this might just be me but I feel the Scud is harder to drive than the LFA using a PS3 controller. Might just be a mind thing.

3:31.433 Lexus

I know I can run a 30s lap. I just need to get a little more consistent with the high speed turns toward the very end. Also the high speed turn at the beginning. If I get it right then a 29s lap for me I think is possible.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol: You know when... :lol::lol::lol::lol: you've done something... :lol::lol::lol::lol: really stupid... :dunce:... but funny... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Well, this isn't so funny, to be honest, but it is stupid! I'm off work on 29th July, but :lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm away with the kids on :lol::lol::lol: holiday :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:.

Sorry fellas, I don't know quite how I managed that. Anyway, I am determined to get this race on somehow, how is everyone for 12th August? :scared::scared:

• LFA: 3'31.427
  • 430: 3'29.648
  • GTR: 3'31.981

Thanks Jammy, I'll update the post.

3:31.433 Lexus

Nice one Quentin, and thanks for the words about the track. I think it is one of those that you've got to get to know before you can appreciate it properly. I love the LFA too, and I understand why you find the Scud to be more difficult.

Cheers, Zo.

Hi guys.
GTR: 3:38
LFA: 3:37
430: 3:36
Obviously there is room for improvement gents, but gonna start running the cat1 cars.

Hold off on the cat.1 cars for now DC - those will probably change. Instead, aim to knock 2 seconds off your Scud time. I'm sure you can do it ;)

430: 3'29.648

There's a '25 in there Jammy. You can see from my video that I made a few mistakes!

...how is everyone for 12th August?

I'll check with the boss re the date change:tup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You know when... :lol::lol::lol::lol: you've done something... :lol::lol::lol::lol: really stupid... :dunce:... but funny... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Well, this isn't so funny, to be honest, but it is stupid! I'm off work on 29th July, but :lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm away with the kids on :lol::lol::lol: holiday :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:.

Sorry fellas, I don't know quite how I managed that. Anyway, I am determined to get this race on somehow, how is everyone for 12th August? :scared::scared:

Thanks Jammy, I'll update the post.

Nice one Quentin, and thanks for the words about the track. I think it is one of those that you've got to get to know before you can appreciate it properly. I love the LFA too, and I understand why you find the Scud to be more difficult.

Cheers, Zo.
the 12th of August is fine for me.

12th aug sounds good to me as my holidays are over by then.

Ha, I' m happy to go under 30s, but I'll run few laps time to time and we' ll see where it goes.
There's a '25 in there Jammy. You can see from my video that I made a few mistakes!

Last edited:
Wow, a race on a Saturday, so I can actually join you guys for once.

Be nice to do a rare race on GT6 with some of the old group.

I'll get around to trying out the cars one of these days but I'm fine starting at the back anyway. You know how me and practice don't mix.

#25 as always.

3:30.701 Lexus

I still have not reached the limit. I can and will go faster. 29s lap I am shooting for.

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    670.9 KB · Views: 11
Wow, a race on a Saturday, so I can actually join you guys for once.

Welcome aboard Blue, it will be good to see you again. On the practice front, if you don't have time to put some in, your quali time won't reflect your genuine pace (which, I seem to recall is quicker than me), and if I put you in a motor in a category higher than me, you'll run away with it once you're bedded in. They're all belting to drive, but you might feel like you've started from the pits to start ;)

Hi zo not sure i can make it 12 , but Will try to :cheers:

I'm so sorry Fad. I hope you can (Fingers crossed image, with encouraging smile.)

3:30.701 Lexus

That's amazing Quentin, I can't get down there with the LFA 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Welcome aboard Blue, it will be good to see you again. On the practice front, if you don't have time to put some in, your quali time won't reflect your genuine pace (which, I seem to recall is quicker than me), and if I put you in a motor in a category higher than me, you'll run away with it once you're bedded in. They're all belting to drive, but you might feel like you've started from the pits to start ;)

I'm so sorry Fad. I hope you can (Fingers crossed image, with encouraging smile.)

Cheers, Zo.

You always beat me when tuning was involved but we were mostly even in stock cars, depended on car and track. I'll get around to doing some laps eventually.

EDIT did some laps and doubt I'll be able to get under 3:40 without being around other cars. 3:41 was my best of doing some laps with the Ferrari and GT-R.

Last edited:

Cheers, Zo.
Thanx Zo.

Zo, have you ever raced on your "Indulgence" track? It's tremendous fun and similarly paced drivers are able to scrap corner after corner. No much lag either but that may increase with more cars on the track. Maybe we should do a test run?

Al, you have to race if you can make it. You're very quick around here!

Blue, looking forward to some good racing:tup:

Re car choice: the Z06 is just a bit too game for my broken shoulders at the moment, so I'll try 'n hang in there with the slower GT-R.

EDIT: Also, I've fallen for the entertaining 430 Scud in a big way, so much so I've driven nothing else for the last 2 weeks. It's got so much grip, is easy to drive fast and in stock form I'd take it over the 458 any day:)

Last edited:
3:30.172 Lexus

Almost at my personal goal. I will run a 29s lap. I am positive of it.

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    668.9 KB · Views: 12
3:29.937 Lexus

My personal goal has been reached. Now it is time to shoot for the 28s lap. I know it can be done. I will do it.

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    668.7 KB · Views: 11
Back